Start by marking “Immortal War (Vampirates, #6)” as Want to Read:
Immortal War (Vampirates, #6)

Immortal War (Vampirates #6)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  841 ratings  ·  66 reviews
A bloody war is raging across the oceans, with the Pirate Federation and Nocturnals in alliance against the renegade Vampirates, led by Sidorio and Lola. Lola might be heavily pregnant with twins, but it doesn't stop her from remaining an active in battle! Connor and Grace Tempest each have important roles to play - he as a pirate warrior at the heart of the fight; she as...more
Published June 9th 2011 by Simon & Schuster UK Ltd (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal War

Grizzy
When this series began I absolutely loved it. The concept was fresh and exciting and the story itself was great with intriguing characters and plot twists. But as the series went on, it became evident that Justin Somper has talent in writing but not in planning. The first few books were so brilliant that I could not help feeling extremely disappointed by the twists in the fifth book (so uncharacteristic of Grace) and, finally, this concluding book.

Rant time: SPOILER WARNING!***

This book feature...more
colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ±
3.5

According to the blurb, this book ends "this sequence" of the Vampirates. In other words, this arc is over, but there's a lot (well, at least a few) loose ends left open to possibly continue the series in another arc somewhere down the line.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be on board for that arc.

I do enjoy the series, overall, but it has some problems. One of them is that this arc has dragged a bit, and many of the books between 3 and now felt a bit bloated with filler. Conversely,...more
Becky
Immortal War is the final book in the Vampirates series. I must admit I felt strange picking up this book having not read any of the other books in the series but it was neither as challenging or as mindboggling an experience as I expected. In fact, reading the last book in this series has opened my eyes as to why it is so popular – it is full of action, entertaining characterisation, deep moral questions and has a writing style which is as comfy as my favourite woolly jumper. I will go on to re...more
Rochelle
This fantasy, futuristic series by Justin Somper truly surprised me. Students in my Grade 6 LA class begged me to read it last year, and I cringed internally, as neither vampires nor pirates have ever interested me. However, I tried the first book, since it was enjoyed so much by some of my readers. I was amazed at the cleverness of this author, and at the seamless way in which he moved the characters through their complex development during the series of six books. At the end of the first novel...more
Lucy Cokes
I can remember being absolutely enthralled by these books in the beginning. The set up seemed quite delicious.

I am trying to read 'as a writer' and this series and especially the book itself has definitely taught me how not to write.

I have to agree with some of the other reviews on here - the characters were quite flat and also not much of role models.

Immortal War was full of deus ex machinas...and stupid clichés and phrases. The Four Cardinals suddenly announcing a prophecy? Connor can conven...more
Trevis
I first decided to read the 1st book in this series on a whim, or probably because at the time I was currently reading an Anthony Horowitz (Alex Rider) novel and spotted his review "I which I had this idea" ridden across the cover or I probably even noticed the book on Amazon BUT for whatever reason I decided to read this fantastic series, and I'm thanking my instinctive impulses.

If you're gonna read this book, DO IT properly start from the BEGINNING

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/72... - HE...more
There is nothing more satisfying (or scary!) as picking up the final book in a series you've come to love. You've invested so much time reading the earlier books and the characters are like friends, you need to know what happens to them but you're worried that the book won't live up to your expectations and you're not ready to reach the end of your journey. I'll admit I was nervous picking up Immortal War, how was Justin Somper going to top Empire of Night? I shouldn't have been worried though,...more
Amber-Leigh
Barbara
The favorite characters are back and they all show strengths and flaws. My only problem was the ending. I can actually sense there is another book out of it...even though the author claims this is the final book.

I would prefer to give it 3 1/2 stars but I don't know how to do that. Very engaging novel. Couldn't put it down.
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
review to come, omg, it was the best
Isabelle
This book is without any doubt the best book I've read so far in the year of 2011. When I opened my mailbox and saw the brown package from CDON I felt an overwelming joy but at the same time I was worried. Would the book be as good as the others in the series? Would it end in a good or a bad way? Which characters were going to die?
As soon as I could, I opened the package, picked up the book and sat down and started reading it. I was instantly hooked. I couldn't put down the book even though I f...more
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
I was getting crazy from the waiting for this book! I just really love the series and after the last one, i had to read the next one fast.

Twists, action, killing...a lot of killing and blood actually and a few drops of romance and mystery make this book even better than the rest. I don't think something is missing from this book. The blending of young adult with a more darker environment, violence (that how vampires are you know...), magic, kick ass characters, how even small and not that import...more
Empire of Books
On 6th June 2005, Simon & Schuster published, Demons of the Ocean, the first book in a sequence of books to set the barren landscapes of adolescent male reading alight. In a world of spies and wizards it was a refreshing read. And in the 6 years that have passed, we've seen blood, death, oceans, vampires and pirates aplenty. And now they are set to publish this, the sixth and final book of the sequence, Immortal War.

Conceived by Justin donkeys years ago (he actually had the idea 5 years befo...more
Alex
Ever since I picked up the very first book in the Vampirates series I have been throughly enraptured in that world. I live in the US so ever since 2009 I have had the books shipped from the UK just so I wouldn't have to wait the extra 1+ months associated with the book release dates. Today, I recieved Immortal War in the mail and I was a little hesitant to read it honestly. The previous book in the series, Empire of Night was my least favorite and I was worried where Justin was taking the chara...more
Andréia
Review in portuguese by blog MON PETIT POISON

Apesar de ser uma série muito querida, sei reconhecer que este não foi o melhor livro. Não sei se foi devido a ser o final de uma série de seis livros e a gente sabe que geralmente os finais tendem a ser mais um fechamento da ideia que começou lá atrás do que grandes reviravoltas.

Não digo com isso que foi um livro ruim, tiveram alguns momentos de revelação e coisas que ao longo dos livros anteriores jamais imaginei que teria sido isso que o autor quis...more
Leanne Bell
Noooooo! The final book in the series! I will mourn the end of one of my favourite bunch of characters and one of the most fantastic literary worlds in creation. Having said that, this is one fantastic end to the series and as with all final books I was a little scared about how it would end. Being a Grace/Lorcan shipper I was really hoping for that happy ending. Anyway, here's a brief synopsis for you :-)

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE OTHERS IN THE SERIES!

Set quite a while after Empire of...more
Dilly-oh
Holy shit. These books are awful. The only reason I kept reading to book six was because I just could not believe that a series could get that bad.

I was wrong. So very, very wrong.

I actually liked the first two books. They were alright. Twins Connor and Grace set out in a ship and get lost in a storm. Grace is saved by the Vampirates, a group of peaceful Vampires that live on a boat, and Connor becomes a Pirate. Later they find out that they themselves are Vampirates, and the inner turmoil begi...more
Jodi
The Vampirates saga concludes with this underedited tome in which too many people die with not enough denouement and not enough bad guys die with too much denouement for each one except for the major ones. We endure battle after battle but little is explained. Grace finds a book that only dhampirs can read that explains about a prophecy in which one twin must die so that the war will end. Grace is devastated but understands about the greater sacrifice. She's become a great and powerful healer, a...more
Christina
Well, a surprising finish to one of my favorite series. I was not....how shall I say this? I was not enthralled with the final installment (or is it???) Somper left the final chapter quite open.
And I am not quite happy with Connor by the end of the series. He hated what he was. What is that subliminally telling young adults? That your heritage is something to be ashamed of? Yes, Connor, you greatly disappointed us all, Grace most especially.
Moving on the ever optimistic Grace, there was very l...more
Afrah Ali
I think this book was absolutely fantastic, with a stunning style of writing from Justin Somper and definitely not a disappointment. As the last book of the series, it concludes the story line with little to no plot holes and a fairly large plot twist near the end.

The book starts off well paced, if not slow, and re introduces the characters and current events. After a couple of chapters, I was completely hooked into the book.
(SPOILER : I loved the part where Grace was reading the Dhampir book an...more
Ashley Brooke
I started this book with trepidation. I loved the first five books in the 'Vampirates' series and knew full well that this was the last full length adventure I'd get to spend with Grace, Connor, Lorcan, and the rest of the Pirate and Vampirate crew. Now that I've finished it, it is with a touch of sadness and a whole lotta love that I write this review. I'm going to keep it short and sweet because I don't want to go into heavy spoiler territory by accident! (It's just *that* good of a series!)

Ju...more
Jazmine Ackerman
This book is a cross of my (once) favorite things: Pirates and Vampires. It inclueds epic battles, family issues(spoiler alert, if I were made from a pregnancy spell, I would have killed my own father. Okay, not really, but you get my meaning.), and amazingly, trust issues! This family needs to work on their issues, people!
Brittany Perry
Okay I gave this a three because there were too many loose ends at the end. I was disappointed. Lola still poses a threat and honestly it bugs me that Grace has a child to care for that wasn't mentioned in the last pages. I NEED to know what happens to Hunter as well. He seemed like the best baby of the two yet he is still in a horrible position. Maybe it is the mother in me but I need to know that the baby is safe with the good guys. Also I needed more characters to have a happy ending. I cried...more
Amanda Kellogg
I read this a little while back, but I still remember everything, and can't wait to read the next book (s)!
This book completes the series Vampirates. It as always felt good to finally end the series. All the guns were pulled out for this book. Things were resolved and the ending was happy and surprising.

For a series that I picked up by chance and have spent over six months reading, it is as if their lives were passing along with mine. It has been nice discovering myself and also reading a experiencing Grace and Connor discovering themselves.

As much as the title of the series might through people off...more
Logandoble123
This series was a really good one i really did enjoy it
Nicole
Immortal war was okay book. I think the ending made you more interested in the series then the last few books. I almost wanted more books in this series or a better epilogue. I also thought his book was kind of random at times. I think that too many characters were killed or turned into vampires. The plot was not well done and was sometimes very random. I think the first three to four was the best ones.
Ifrah
A glittering jewel among all the books that I have ever read in my life. These books have no words to explain them. I just can't. They are too darn good. What a fantastic epic close to the series. I honesty cried at the end. Not that it was the end (I hope). But then again. So it ends, so it begins. Thank you so much Justin Somper!!!!!!! :') <3
Chloë Forsyth
I felt this final installment was bit of a let down. I found thew ending loose and irritating. I felt that there were too many loose ends, and I found it hard to warm to any character other than Lorcan, Chang and Cate. I felt nothing for Grace and Conner; despite having loved Grace as a character in the previos books. Kinda disappointed.
Katie  Timmer
He needs to make a seventh book. The way this one ended screams, "MORE TO COME!!!!!!!!" But he's not written one yet, so I'm very sad.
  • If I Could Fly
  • Changeling: Demon Games
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • The Autumn Palace (Ondine, #2)
  • Brothers to the Death (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #4)
  • The Crowfield Demon (Crowfield Abbey, #2)
  • The Ring of Water (Young Samurai, #5)
  • Blackwatch (Wintercraft, #2)
  • City of Swords (Stravaganza, #6)
  • Pokémon Adventures, Vol. 14
  • The Five Fakirs of Faizabad (Children of the Lamp, #6)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
  • Lackadaisy: Volume #1
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)
  • The Legend Thief (The Hunter Chronicles #2)
  • Reckoning (Bloodline, #2)
Justin Somper is a bestselling UK author whose Vampirates books have been translated into over twenty languages. Justin trained in sword-fighting to help him write the fight scenes in the Vampirates series.
More about Justin Somper...
Demons of the Ocean (Vampirates, #1) Tide of Terror (Vampirates, #2) Blood Captain (Vampirates, #3) Black Heart (Vampirates, #4) Empire of Night (Vampirates, #5)

“Stuckley drew back his sword with evident satisfaction. "She really is your Achilles' heel, isn't she Furey?"
"No." Lorcan said, preparing his own attack. "Not my Achilles' heel.The love of my life. And I'll do whatever it takes to protect her.”
14 likes
“Lorcan nodded, "It'ss a beautiful night," he said. "The stars have all come out for you, Darcy." He turned to go, then had a fresh thought. "Oh and Tempest, a word to the wise..."
Grace was busily gathering up the edges of Darcy's train. "Yes?" she said, glancing up at Lorcan. "What is it Furey?"
Lorcan grinned."Just so you know, I've put down good money on you catching the wedding bouquet. I trust you wouldn't let me down!"
as he winked at her, Grace thought his eyes never looked so blue. They were eyes you could never tire from looking at- as deep and constant and infinite as the ocean itself.”
12 likes