Start by marking “Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)” as Want to Read:
Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)

Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl #8)

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  9,156 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I get everything and everyone we want. Snagging the latest Marc Jacobs bag or your best friends boyfriend isn't pretty, but it's always hot . . . It's almost graduation and our lives are really heating up. Everybody's into college and it's obviously time to party - as if we hadn't been doing that already! Wil ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Poppy (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Can Keep Us Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Can Keep Us Together

Maryjane
This was so much fun!!

My favorite group of Upper East Siders actually got along for most of the book (at least as much as they can get along). They all graduated so I guess the rest of the series will just be reading about them getting into their summer shenanigans, but ya know what? I'm totally here for that.

This book actually had a lot of things that reminded me of the show -- S, landing a movie, N having to spend the summer working in the Hamptons, and B with her Lord. It's like the series s
Amy (amyb2332)
I'm not really sure why I keep reading this series. I guess that this point it is mainly to finishing them. The tv show really is much better.
Kirsten
Jul 01, 2007 Kirsten rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2007
terrifying.
Letizia
I can't stand Jenny, I'm so happy she's leaving!
LB
2.5/5 stars rating

This review is also posted at https://cabezadecrecre.wordpress.com/...

He propped himself up on one elbow and tugged a tissue out of his navy blue canvas Jack Spade book bag. He'd grown accustomed to carrying tissues.

Nate Cries is what von Ziegesar should have entitled this novel, because this line from the novel above pretty much sums up every scene he is in. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he is apparently the hottest, most lusted after guy in this entire serie
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Chick lit
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: no

Ending: 9

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Nate going off... the deep end.
Worst Part: Serena disappeared!
Thoughts Had: OMG Nate is messed up!; The same suit!!!!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
yer
Recommending: yer

Short Review: Wow, Nate is getting weird, idk what is up with him. Maybe a
Amy
Jun 13, 2013 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poor teen girls who wish they were getting drunk and making out with other girls at boarding school
Shelves: 2012, 2013
I am too old and too poor and too jaded to be reading these books and yet, unperturbed, I keep buying them second hand from Amazon and reading them all the same. They are terrible and inappropriate and, like all the best books, far too old for the people who are actually reading them seriously.

I am not recommending them to you or anyone(especially not your twelve year old sister) but hey: I'm gonna read them all anyway. I'm gonna read them with no thought for my poor brain cells screaming in ag
Melissa
Mar 05, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Picks up where book 7 leaves off. This book revolves around graduation. As always there are some scandals...
-a boy that may not graduate due to a theft at school
-another boy that declares his love for a girl by announcing he will skip college to stay in the city with the girl he loves
-a on-again/off-again couple are off-again and he has a new girlfriend
-a girl has snagged herself the main of her dreams.
The book ends with the graduation night party where most everything changes yet again!
Natalie Sofferman
Steph
May 13, 2008 Steph rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just one question: If this is the last book taking place in the school year (they graduate, except Jenny), how come there three more books after this? Seriously, the only person I actually like is Serena and she's getting on my nerves. This book is pure trash and I can't understand how others read it.
Emily
Mar 20, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Everyone graduates and has a party. To tell you the truth, I'm getting a little bored with all the partying, shopping, hooking up, breaking up, and getting back together. I mean, how many ways can you tell the same story?
Lizabeth Beato
This book was so boring, like it was okay once i started reading it, but like in the middle & ending it was horrible,it's a shock that i finished it. o.o
Karen Voigt
Mar 24, 2008 Karen Voigt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008
For some reason I figured that this would be better than the first one I read... Should have learned the first time!
Genesis
Feb 16, 2016 Genesis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm almost done with this.
what else is left to say?
Catherine
Jul 06, 2011 Catherine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
These books keep getting worse and worse. Arrrghhhhh why did I read them? Waste of time
Amanda
Apr 12, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate Serena and Nate.
Tijana
Dec 18, 2016 Tijana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading this series is like keep seeing an old high school friend you have nothing in common with, and whose company you don't even enjoy, but saying "yes" anytime they ask you to go get a coffee, just outta habit.

8 books gone, 5 to go.
Renata
Jan 09, 2017 Renata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ya
(I don't have it in me to write separate reviews for all of these--I read them all so close together that they all blur together. I enjoyed them all, obviously.)
Thu Nguyen
I'm just reading this series for mere entertainment now. Too busy to get round to some serious reads.
Eva
Nov 15, 2016 Eva rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blah
Colleen
Nov 15, 2016 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So gross but I can't stop devouring these books.
Elle Esse
My Original Post

Warning: SPOILERS!

Hello Dear Readers! And Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'm at Scruff's this weekend but I thought I would break up the monotony of my weekend with one of the book reviews I promised you in this post. As most of you know, I was a huge fan of the Gossip Girl television series and I had been wanting to read the books. Well, I finally got a hold of them and started reading them at the end of January. I finished up book 11 recently and am finally ready to write out the review.

A
Emily
Nov 02, 2016 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jenia
Kaliegh Yohnka
Mar 01, 2015 Kaliegh Yohnka rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hook-up. Breakup. Shop. Name drop. Lose friends. Hook-up. Sex. Drugs. Breakup. Cheating. Cheating. Drugs. Hookup. Friends again. Not friends. Name drop. Sex. Breakup. Cheating. Shop. Cuss.

And that is how you summarize a Gossip Girl book.

Seriously, though, can a couple not stay together for longer than a book length!? Jesus

How did you manage to throw words together to make twelve of these books!? Stop beating that dead horse.

And speaking of words, fire your editor. I find so many grammatical e
Yasmina
Dec 01, 2008 Yasmina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The character of Lord Marcus Beaton-Rhodes is introduced in Nothing Can Keep Us Together. He becomes the new boyfriend of Blair and is often described as a “hotter, taller, more refined, better-bred, British version of Nate…”. Lord Marcus is a Yale graduate and comes from a wealthy background. He even refers to designer Oscar de la Renta as “Uncle Oscar”. A filmmaker, Ken Mogul is back as he is directing a modernized version of Breakfast At Tiffanys entitled Breakfast At Fred’s set at the restau ...more
Jessica
Nov 23, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the not-so-shocking dramatic end to Nobody Does It Better, Gossip Girl heats up as high school graduation approaches, their futures now closer than ever, new and old romances ignite, long standing friendships fall apart and Jenny looks into various boarding school options.

And word on the street is that a certain filmmaker is looking to remake Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Any guesses as to who is one of the many, beautiful, hopeful young actresses? Breakfast at Fred’s seems to be generating a to
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Well, this read was bittersweet. I read to the 8th in a series for my Goodreads challenge, but I had always wanted to read the books behind the Gossip Girl tv show.

I had an internal debate as to whether I should finish the series. But after reading that the rest of the books in the series were written by ghost writers I lost my motivation to finish the whole thing. PLUS there is a rather large pile of books I have read and checked out from the library sitting next to my nightstand!

So this book w
Ericafoferica
Was it just me or was senior year incredibly long? It took the author FOREVER to reach the graduation ceremony. Not only that, but the characters were just circling around in their obnoxious behavior like always. Except, what was with Nate crying all the time? He went from total stoner hard ass to a complete pansy. Every time he started to cry over something completely unnecessary, I wanted to reach into the book and slap him across the face. Anyways, there really was nothing new per say in this ...more
Lucy Sisk

A máme tady devátý díl. Řekla bych, že se bude historie opakovat, ale to bych předbíhala.

Nate má krizi, ale není to proto, že by mu došla tráva. Je smutný a ubrečený, neboť končí střední, všichni se rozutečou do různých koutů země. A jestli chodí se Serenou? Ano, ne, kdo se v tom má vyznat?

Vanessa a Dan se sešli u ní v bytě na pokec a kafe. Nakonec skončili na střeše domu, a moc toho nenamluvili, snad kromě: "Ach, ano!". A co Aaron?

V den předávání vysvědče
  • American Beauty (A-List, #7)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Break Every Rule (Insiders, #4)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)

“Don’t ever let anyone tell you should be happy with what you have. There’s always more, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t have it all.” 2 likes