Start by marking “Last Dance (The Seer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Dance (The Seer, #2)

Last Dance (The Seer #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,768 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Sabine can't wait to show off her new boyfriend at the upcoming school dance, but she's also worried about her grandmother, Nona, who's suffering from a fatal hereditary illness. The only cure lies within a remedy book, lost long ago.
Determined to save Nona, Sabine goes to Pine City to visit a distant relative who may have clues. But there's someone else clamoring for Sab
Published (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Last Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Dance

Cate Neuhauser
Feb 13, 2016 Cate Neuhauser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much better than the first! I really cant stand Sabine's boyfriend Josh and her friend Penny. They are both so horrible, shallow and boring. I don't like who Sabine is when they are together so setting this book away from them made for a much more interesting and compelling story.
*Lynn*
Oct 23, 2015 *Lynn* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy books about ghosts and psychics.
Recommended to *Lynn* by: Goodreads
Second book of the series’ and it has gotten better. In this book Sabine is on the hunt for the family remedy book that will save her grandmother from her illness. With Thorn by her side they travel to a distant relative’s home to see if she could get some information on her families lost remedies book. But while searching for her own answers, Sabine gets sidetracked when a determined ghost refuses to let Sabine be until she helps her discover her own answers and get her revenge/justice. The boo ...more
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Original review (posted on www.paperbackswap.com): 9/5/2010

Enjoyable!!! Sabine is looking for answers but along the way she is sidelined by the need to help a Ghost find her way. Sabine is also trying to figure out her true feelings about her Grandmother's assistant, Dominic.

It's the second book to the Seer Series and it is just as good as the first! Sabine, Thorne and Dominic try to find clues to an old family mystery, but end up helping a Ghost with her last dance...

Singleton's books are wonde
Maryse Primeau
Jun 28, 2014 Maryse Primeau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*RESUME, MAY HAVE SPOILERS*

Sabine goes with her friend Thorn in Pine City hoping to talk to a relative to find a book of remedies to help her grand-mother Nona. At the same time, Sabine has dreams about a girl dancing and falling off a cliff. She freaks out when she finds out that there's a yearly festival going on in memory of the girl in her dreama at the same time as she is visiting Pine City. The ghost of Chloe appears one night at an event and tells Sabine that she wants to find the love of
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really wasn't hooked on this series after the first one, in fact I probably wouldn't have read any further if it hadn't been for the fact that a friend gave me the second book to read and I am so glad that I did. The second book is so much better than the first and I can see real promise for this series.
Melissa Chung
Feb 09, 2014 Melissa Chung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Squee such a good book.

In book one 'Don't Die Dragonfly' we meet Sabine, her grandma Nona and a new "apprentice" Dominic. The only thing Sabine wants is to be normal and so she tries to hide her psychic abilities. Sabine had a hard time at her last school and her mom sent her to live with her grandmother. Sabine is finally starting over.

In book two 'Last Dance' Sabine has friends, a boyfriend and a dance she wants to go to. Unfortunately her future has something bigger for her to discover.

I star
Heathery
Jan 12, 2016 Heathery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little 2-3 hour mystery read. I didn't realize it's actually book 2 of a series until about halfway through the book when I noticed the small "2" on the spine of the book. However, I didn't notice any lapse in understanding due to my not reading the first book. I think it stands alone fairly well on its own as there are several short descriptions/reminders of things that happened in the first book.

I LOVED Thorn, and Dominic and Sabine weren't too bad either. This isn't going to b
Debbie
May 24, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, fantasy, romance, mystery
In this installment of the series, Sabine is still hiding her psychic gift from most of her friends at school, including her best friend and her boyfriend. However, her grandmother is suffering from a genetic disease (that sounds a lot like Alzheimer's) that will ultimately leave her in a coma. There is a cure an ancestor discovered, but it has been long-lost in her remedy book. Nona tells Sabine and Dominic, her farm hand/apprentice/man with a gift with animals/irritant to Sabine to follow clue ...more
Madyson F.
Dec 10, 2012 Madyson F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Seer Last Dance
Linda Joy Singleton
Fiction-Romance
242 pages

The Last Dance is the second book in the series The Seer. It is about a girl named Sabine who has a magical gift and she met a girl named Thorn who has powers like her. This book is about how Sabine and Thorn go to visit Thorns aunt and uncle and right now their town is celebrating ghost day. Ghost day is where a couple years ago this girl Chloe died from falling off a cliff. She went near the cliff because she was dancing with James
Lucia
Feb 02, 2011 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second of the series, and while I thought the first was great, this one is even better. Sabine goes to Pine Peaks to continue her mission of finding a cure for her grandmother. With her is Thorn, who reveals to us her true personality. At least, what her aunt and uncle know her as. Meaning, not goth. I love Thorn. She's such a great character. Tough and mean on the outside, but a really good friend. Sabine herself is a brave girl brimming full of curiosity with the want to fit i ...more
Kelly
I enjoyed the first book in the series enough to continue on but I found myself zipping through this book so quickly that I'm a little disheartened. The story moves quickly and the writing is fairly straightforward with no side journeys away from Sabine and her quest.

Speaking of Sabine, while I can understand that she finds Josh the Perfect somewhat alluring with his perfect perfection and his perfectly generous heart, I can't understand how she can expect to be with someone long-term when they
Jessi
Jun 18, 2009 Jessi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, young-adult
From School Library Journal:
Grade 6-8-Sabine, the teen whose psychic visions caused uproar at her high school in Don't Die, Dragonfly (Llewellyn, 2004), is back. This time, she travels with her new goth friend to Pine Peaks, CA, to procure an old remedy book that may save her grandmother's life. Even before the trip, a dancing girl named Chloe who falls off of a cliff haunts the protagonist's dreams. Once Sabine and Thorn arrive in Pine Peaks, the haunting becomes more vivid and urgent, causing
Gretchen
Aug 01, 2011 Gretchen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of Sabine's inner battle with her psychic self.

I really enjoyed this quick read as Sabine is growing to trust in others and herself. She is realizing that she cannot control all and that she is different.

I think my favorite part of the book was getting to know Thorn. I think that she is a good friend for Sabine and that she needs to stand by Thorn no matter what her popular friends say.

What I found interesting was that although it was mentioned that Josh was her boyfrie
Marsha
May 06, 2010 Marsha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Recommended to Marsha by: Countrygirl_TN
I enjoyed Last Dance even better than the first installment in this series. This time, Sabine begins working with a Goth girl, Thorn quite the opposite of her. Her friend Manny suggests they would be a good match at solving mysteries. Thorn has the ability to locate missing objects. Sabine's grandmother has been forgetting things and when the situation becomes unbearable for her, she confesses to Sabine and Dominic that she has a genetic disease that will leave her in a coma if the long lost fam ...more
Yannick Serres
Sep 16, 2015 Yannick Serres rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deuxième livre de la série Visions. L'histoire est intéressante et suite logique au premier tome. Cependant, il y a moins d'action et l'histoire avance plus lentement.
Sabine fera face à la mort pour tenter de sauver sa grand-mère. Elle saura user de son don et de ses amis pour arriver à ses fins.
Je recommande la série.
Brenda
Jan 20, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this and it was a great addition to the first seer book. However even though there wasn't much about the finding of the cure to Nona's illness I still believe it was a great adventure Sabine went on. The whole story of "Chloe and James" was a great addition and it did help Sabine focus more on her gift . What I also liked about "Last Dance " was the fact that they included a lot of Thorn's character and it just shows that she will be an important character later on In the series.
But all
Marisela
Mar 31, 2012 Marisela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Dance is the next series after "Don't die dragonfly". An amazing book. I don't have the exact words to describe how I'm really in the seer series of Linda Joy Singleton. Her book are the perfect combination of romance, mysteries,and a magic that makes you want to keep reading it more and more. When Sabine thinks she is near to find the 3rd charm for her grandmother's remedy book, it turns out that her real mission is to help a mysterious girl who have appearing in her dreams several tim ...more
Katrina Knittle
This was a pretty good read. I still prefer the first book. Sabine is an interesting character and I love her group of friends. These books seem to be very fast reads. I really can't wait to see what will happen further into this series.
Corinne Maignan
Feb 09, 2014 Corinne Maignan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was very mysterious. My favorite parts were the ending of each chapter because all of them were cliffhangers so it made me want to read more and I couldn't put down the book.
Korina Zelaya
I like the whole mystery behind this book . It's a really great book but i would have liked it if it had more mystery in it . The author described some parts of the book really good .
Jasmin Bautista
I think the book was very interesting. It was a book with magic but it has a mystery twist to it that I enjoyed.
AJPattz
Feb 21, 2011 AJPattz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabine is back in action in the second book of The Seer Series. Along with Thorn and Dominic, Sabine heads out to Pine Peaks to get some answers about an old family recipe she needs to help her grandmother. While there she connects with the local ghost. After some petty vandalism and assorted ghostly entanglements she manages to use her gift to help the ghost find some peace. For a second book in a series this didn't move quite as fast as the first one did but was still unique and interesting. P ...more
Katy
Well I really loved this one, it really continued the series perfectly. I really liked Sabine in this one because she finally started accepting her psychic powers, which she should have done EARLIER !! GAH !! Well anyways.... I really liked this one, the sense of mystery was still there, if not more because Sabine has to find the cure for her grandmother to get better. But Dominic is here to help :3 the love triangle has started!! I hope Sabine goes for him, he is SO much better than Josh.... Me ...more
Yareinis
Apr 12, 2009 Yareinis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um this book is kinda weird!It talks about a girl who has spysic powers and can see the future.She likes a boy and they go to a dance,when she starts dancing everything changes.She doesnt feel like herself anymore,the boy Dominique who she was dancing with looks diferent,the song changed and the people around her look..dead.Sabine looks like somebody else,someone who is dead!Sabine in that weird moment breaks through and is a whole mission finding out what is gonna happen next!I found this book ...more
Rayne
Aug 29, 2014 Rayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. Draws you right in.
Betsy :D
Apr 12, 2015 Betsy :D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it but I felt like it did not capture like the first one did.
Mily Lou
Feb 25, 2011 Mily Lou rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no
This book was Ok. I didn't enjoy reading it as much as the first book. I am glad that Sabine finally looked for love some where else though. Even if her boyfriend is a good guy. I like Dominic for her. I wish the revenge Evan had in store for Sabine had happened in the book, that's one of the reasons why the book was so slow. It wasn't very intresting, I think that part of the revenge should have come in this book.
Selena Lang
Feb 13, 2012 Selena Lang rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This series is OK. The books are a bit short, more like short stories than novels, but the story is pretty decent. I don't like that there is no real conclusion to them. its like she wrote one book and broke it up into half a dozen. No real solution by the end of the story...so I keep reading them hoping to find an answer to some of the questions..maybe eventually she will have some type of conclusion.
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
This is the second book of the series, and while it's still getting it's bearrings it's still a very good book and series. I love Young Adult because it isn't so much about the sexual appeal of the story, it's about the adventure and the longing for adult love that makes young adult series so appealing. And when you throw in a supernatural aspect to it, it just makes it so much more intriguing.
Jan 12, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I tried this one (and the first one in the series, Don't Die Dragonfly) because I met the author at ALA last week. She's a lovely, funny woman. The books are, um, not my style. The stories/plots are moderately goode but they're a little more "Y" than "A." The characters have a Nancy Drew-ish "niceness" that isn't really believable, sort of a forced innocence.
  • Raising the Dead (Past Midnight, #1.5)
  • Silver Is for Secrets (Blue is for Nightmares, #3)
  • Mind Reader: Unlocking the Secrets and Powers of a Mentalist
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • Fall  (Witch Season, #2)
  • Spring  (Witch Season, #4)
  • Dudes, the School Is Haunted! (Rotten School, #7)
  • La riposte des elfes noirs (Arielle Queen, #3)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Changeling (Sweep, #8)
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
  • A Vision of Green (Florence Vaine, #2)
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
  • No Exit (The Big Empty, #4)

The Seer (6 books)
  • Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer, #1)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Sword Play (The Seer, #4)
  • Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5)
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)