Last Dance (The Seer, #2)

Last Dance (The Seer #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,480 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Sabine can't wait to show off her new boyfriend at the upcoming school dance, but she's also worried about her grandmother, Nona, who's suffering from a fatal hereditary illness. The only cure lies within a remedy book, lost long ago.
Determined to save Nona, Sabine goes to Pine City to visit a distant relative who may have clues. But there's someone else clamoring for Sab...more
Published (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Last Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Dance

Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Original review (posted on www.paperbackswap.com): 9/5/2010

Enjoyable!!! Sabine is looking for answers but along the way she is sidelined by the need to help a Ghost find her way. Sabine is also trying to figure out her true feelings about her Grandmother's assistant, Dominic.

It's the second book to the Seer Series and it is just as good as the first! Sabine, Thorne and Dominic try to find clues to an old family mystery, but end up helping a Ghost with her last dance...

Singleton's books are wonde...more
Maryse Primeau
*RESUME, MAY HAVE SPOILERS*

Sabine goes with her friend Thorn in Pine City hoping to talk to a relative to find a book of remedies to help her grand-mother Nona. At the same time, Sabine has dreams about a girl dancing and falling off a cliff. She freaks out when she finds out that there's a yearly festival going on in memory of the girl in her dreama at the same time as she is visiting Pine City. The ghost of Chloe appears one night at an event and tells Sabine that she wants to find the love of...more
Melissa Chung
Squee such a good book.

In book one 'Don't Die Dragonfly' we meet Sabine, her grandma Nona and a new "apprentice" Dominic. The only thing Sabine wants is to be normal and so she tries to hide her psychic abilities. Sabine had a hard time at her last school and her mom sent her to live with her grandmother. Sabine is finally starting over.

In book two 'Last Dance' Sabine has friends, a boyfriend and a dance she wants to go to. Unfortunately her future has something bigger for her to discover.

I star...more
Debbie
In this installment of the series, Sabine is still hiding her psychic gift from most of her friends at school, including her best friend and her boyfriend. However, her grandmother is suffering from a genetic disease (that sounds a lot like Alzheimer's) that will ultimately leave her in a coma. There is a cure an ancestor discovered, but it has been long-lost in her remedy book. Nona tells Sabine and Dominic, her farm hand/apprentice/man with a gift with animals/irritant to Sabine to follow clue...more
Madyson F.
The Seer Last Dance
Linda Joy Singleton
Fiction-Romance
242 pages

The Last Dance is the second book in the series The Seer. It is about a girl named Sabine who has a magical gift and she met a girl named Thorn who has powers like her. This book is about how Sabine and Thorn go to visit Thorns aunt and uncle and right now their town is celebrating ghost day. Ghost day is where a couple years ago this girl Chloe died from falling off a cliff. She went near the cliff because she was dancing with James...more
Lucia
This book is the second of the series, and while I thought the first was great, this one is even better. Sabine goes to Pine Peaks to continue her mission of finding a cure for her grandmother. With her is Thorn, who reveals to us her true personality. At least, what her aunt and uncle know her as. Meaning, not goth. I love Thorn. She's such a great character. Tough and mean on the outside, but a really good friend. Sabine herself is a brave girl brimming full of curiosity with the want to fit i...more
Kelly
I enjoyed the first book in the series enough to continue on but I found myself zipping through this book so quickly that I'm a little disheartened. The story moves quickly and the writing is fairly straightforward with no side journeys away from Sabine and her quest.

Speaking of Sabine, while I can understand that she finds Josh the Perfect somewhat alluring with his perfect perfection and his perfectly generous heart, I can't understand how she can expect to be with someone long-term when they...more
Jessi
From School Library Journal:
Grade 6-8-Sabine, the teen whose psychic visions caused uproar at her high school in Don't Die, Dragonfly (Llewellyn, 2004), is back. This time, she travels with her new goth friend to Pine Peaks, CA, to procure an old remedy book that may save her grandmother's life. Even before the trip, a dancing girl named Chloe who falls off of a cliff haunts the protagonist's dreams. Once Sabine and Thorn arrive in Pine Peaks, the haunting becomes more vivid and urgent, causing...more
Gretchen
This is a continuation of Sabine's inner battle with her psychic self.

I really enjoyed this quick read as Sabine is growing to trust in others and herself. She is realizing that she cannot control all and that she is different.

I think my favorite part of the book was getting to know Thorn. I think that she is a good friend for Sabine and that she needs to stand by Thorn no matter what her popular friends say.

What I found interesting was that although it was mentioned that Josh was her boyfrie...more
Marsha
May 06, 2010 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Recommended to Marsha by: Countrygirl_TN
I enjoyed Last Dance even better than the first installment in this series. This time, Sabine begins working with a Goth girl, Thorn quite the opposite of her. Her friend Manny suggests they would be a good match at solving mysteries. Thorn has the ability to locate missing objects. Sabine's grandmother has been forgetting things and when the situation becomes unbearable for her, she confesses to Sabine and Dominic that she has a genetic disease that will leave her in a coma if the long lost fam...more
Brenda
I love this and it was a great addition to the first seer book. However even though there wasn't much about the finding of the cure to Nona's illness I still believe it was a great adventure Sabine went on. The whole story of "Chloe and James" was a great addition and it did help Sabine focus more on her gift . What I also liked about "Last Dance " was the fact that they included a lot of Thorn's character and it just shows that she will be an important character later on In the series.
But all...more
Marisela
The Last Dance is the next series after "Don't die dragonfly". An amazing book. I don't have the exact words to describe how I'm really in the seer series of Linda Joy Singleton. Her book are the perfect combination of romance, mysteries,and a magic that makes you want to keep reading it more and more. When Sabine thinks she is near to find the 3rd charm for her grandmother's remedy book, it turns out that her real mission is to help a mysterious girl who have appearing in her dreams several tim...more
*Lynn*
Jun 21, 2012 *Lynn* rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy books about ghosts and psychics.
Recommended to *Lynn* by: Goodreads
Second book of the series’ and it has gotten better. In this book Sabine is on the hunt for the family remedy book that will save her grandmother from her illness. With Thorn by her side they travel to a distant relative’s home to see if she could get some information on her families lost remedies book. But while searching for her own answers, Sabine gets sidetracked when a determined ghost refuses to let Sabine be until she helps her discover her own answers and get her revenge/justice. The boo...more
Katrina Knittle
This was a pretty good read. I still prefer the first book. Sabine is an interesting character and I love her group of friends. These books seem to be very fast reads. I really can't wait to see what will happen further into this series.
She Known As Jess BlogSpot
This was probably my favourite of the series. I loved the idea of a dancer-ghost who fell off - well pushed off a cliff and is now ghosting up her appearence to get some justice, the way Singleton presented the entire story was lovely, well creepy because it was a crime scene looking for a murder, even if Sabine did have the abilities to give her a heads up.

Sabine is still trying to figure herself out, how to fit in, how to keep the school from reacting the same way her last did, quite a bit fo...more
Corinne Maignan
The book was very mysterious. My favorite parts were the ending of each chapter because all of them were cliffhangers so it made me want to read more and I couldn't put down the book.
Korina Zelaya
I like the whole mystery behind this book . It's a really great book but i would have liked it if it had more mystery in it . The author described some parts of the book really good .
Jasmin Bautista
I think the book was very interesting. It was a book with magic but it has a mystery twist to it that I enjoyed.
AJPattz
Sabine is back in action in the second book of The Seer Series. Along with Thorn and Dominic, Sabine heads out to Pine Peaks to get some answers about an old family recipe she needs to help her grandmother. While there she connects with the local ghost. After some petty vandalism and assorted ghostly entanglements she manages to use her gift to help the ghost find some peace. For a second book in a series this didn't move quite as fast as the first one did but was still unique and interesting. P...more
Katy
Well I really loved this one, it really continued the series perfectly. I really liked Sabine in this one because she finally started accepting her psychic powers, which she should have done EARLIER !! GAH !! Well anyways.... I really liked this one, the sense of mystery was still there, if not more because Sabine has to find the cure for her grandmother to get better. But Dominic is here to help :3 the love triangle has started!! I hope Sabine goes for him, he is SO much better than Josh.... Me...more
Yareinis
Um this book is kinda weird!It talks about a girl who has spysic powers and can see the future.She likes a boy and they go to a dance,when she starts dancing everything changes.She doesnt feel like herself anymore,the boy Dominique who she was dancing with looks diferent,the song changed and the people around her look..dead.Sabine looks like somebody else,someone who is dead!Sabine in that weird moment breaks through and is a whole mission finding out what is gonna happen next!I found this book...more
Rayne
Quick and easy read. Draws you right in.
Emily Liz
Feb 25, 2011 Emily Liz rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no
This book was Ok. I didn't enjoy reading it as much as the first book. I am glad that Sabine finally looked for love some where else though. Even if her boyfriend is a good guy. I like Dominic for her. I wish the revenge Evan had in store for Sabine had happened in the book, that's one of the reasons why the book was so slow. It wasn't very intresting, I think that part of the revenge should have come in this book.
Selena Lang
This series is OK. The books are a bit short, more like short stories than novels, but the story is pretty decent. I don't like that there is no real conclusion to them. its like she wrote one book and broke it up into half a dozen. No real solution by the end of the story...so I keep reading them hoping to find an answer to some of the questions..maybe eventually she will have some type of conclusion.
I tried this one (and the first one in the series, Don't Die Dragonfly) because I met the author at ALA last week. She's a lovely, funny woman. The books are, um, not my style. The stories/plots are moderately goode but they're a little more "Y" than "A." The characters have a Nancy Drew-ish "niceness" that isn't really believable, sort of a forced innocence.
Alicia Rades
I love Linda Joy Singleton and really enjoy this series. I wish it wasn't so fast-paced, but when I read it as a YA, I remember it being about my pace, so I can't complain much. It's written very well for the audience and has a fun, mysterious story line. I love the psychic ability, mystery, and writing style and would recommend the series to YA readers.
Porche
Short and sweet! I loved guessing who did it and why :). YA Sci-Fi with a hint of suspense= an awesome journey. I enjoyed learning more about Thorn and although, Sabine's current boyfriend is super sweet... I still am intrigued with what may be brewing with Dominic :)
Chelsea
This was a good fun book. I love the mystery of the "who done it" in this book. It didn't take me long to figure out who was behind all the threats. I find myself starting to really enjoy Dominic in this book and have started rooting for him! I loved being able to get to know Thorn better in this book and I just love her character!
Lillian Angelovic
Nov 02, 2011 Lillian Angelovic rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
I had to quit reading this because the main character was so frustrating! She shows absolutely no character growth, no common sense, and most of all no intelligence. All she does is whine and make stupid choices. I felt like the author disrespected her character's intelligence for the sake of conflict in the story. So sad.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really wasn't hooked on this series after the first one, in fact I probably wouldn't have read any further if it hadn't been for the fact that a friend gave me the second book to read and I am so glad that I did. The second book is so much better than the first and I can see real promise for this series.
  • White Is for Magic (Blue is for Nightmares, #2)
  • Raising the Dead (Past Midnight, #1.5)
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer, #1) Witch Ball (The Seer, #3) Sword Play (The Seer, #4) Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5) Dead Girl Walking (Dead Girl, #1)