Start by marking “Angel Sanctuary, tome 2” as Want to Read:
Angel Sanctuary, tome 2

Angel Sanctuary, tome 2 (Angel Sanctuary #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,420 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
The angel Alexiel loved God, but she rebelled against Heaven when she saw how disgracefully the other angels were behaving. She was finally captured, and as punishment sent to Earth to live an endless series of tragic lives. She now inhabits the body of Setsuna Mudo, a troubled teen in love with his sister Sara. Setsuna's misery mirrors the chaos among the angels, and thei ...more
Published by Tonkam (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Sanctuary, tome 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Sanctuary, tome 2

Lynn Rainbow
3.5 - There were a few things I liked and a few I didn't like in this volume. Some scenes were boring and others were adorably creepy and disturbing. I'm loving the drawings more and more tho, and I don't know how much longer I will stand Sara's character. Sooo anoying this girl is...
Nikki Kelly
Aug 29, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely stellar. The art is amazing and so is the storyline. It's totally original. The manga is MUCH better than the time-crammed anime version.

WARNING: it's not for the faint of heart. It features lots of blood and a twinge of incest.
Lissibith
Feb 19, 2015 Lissibith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga
The truth about Sara and Setsuna's relationship gets out. Not just to one or two people - the exact oppression and ridicule he'd feared surrounds Setsuna. And that's an unneeded distraction, as more of the denizens of Heaven and Hell are coming to find him.

The cast of this series gets truly large - somewhat unwieldy in my opinion, even though everyone has a part to play. This one introduces us to a blind priest, a new young angel working for Rosiel, and a third young angel. And I really like all
Michael Schmid
Oct 08, 2012 Michael Schmid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Die Geschichte um die verbotene Liebe zwischen Setsuna und Sara nimmt hiermit ihren Anfang und niemand anderes als der anorganische Engel Rosiel ist es, der diese Zwei trennen will. Ein für mich sehr gelungener Anfang und auch wenn die Geschichte am Anfang etwas wirr und unverständlich wirkt, kommt man irgendwann schon rein und dann liebt man diesen Manga einfach. Kaori Yuki hat sowieso einen sehr eigenen, detailreichen Zeichenstil, den ich einfach nur beneidenswert finde. Dies gepaart mit einen ...more
Tonya
Oct 03, 2012 Tonya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We start in Sara’s perspective as she agonizes over hateful words her brother has told her. She can’t believe what he says is true and admits to herself that she loves him beyond the love of siblings. While this realization makes her feel tainted and sinful, what truly tears at her heart is the idea that Setsuna hates her.

Angel Sanctuary plays with a lot of biblical themes, so perhaps this is intended to call out the story of Adam and Eve, where the woman is often credited with tempting the man
Carina
I remember my main complaint of this series now. There are so many characters and opposing factions introduced in a short span of time I just struggle telling who is on whose side... Now I don't mind ensemble casts but introducing a lot of characters very quickly is always a risky thing - it was a complaint I had with Game of Thrones as well.

Plot in this volume. Sara plans to move abroad and makes up with her friend, Setsuna gets attacked a lot, has some revelations and then seems to act really,
Дени Проданова
Четеш, опитваш се да вникнеш в историята, опитваш се да проучиш, да схванеш Сецуна, да разбереш какъв е и за какво се бори. Но в процеса откриваш нещо друго. Може би не самите герои са важни, а това, което представляват. Ангели, които се бунтуват срещу небесата. Ангели, които убиват, които мразят, които сеят разруха. Демони, които обичат, които търсят отмъщение, които страдат. Хора, които търсят посоката, а тя някак винаги им убягва. Розиел и Алексиел - брат и сестра, които се мразят, биха се уб ...more
Christina
If it wasn't bad enough that Setsuna is battling his incestuous feelings for his sister Sara, forces from Heaven and Hell are flocking to him. Some trying to kill him, some simply observing, some just being plain annoying.
The angels and demons are after Setsuna for the angel Alexiel that had died long ago whose soul now resides inside of Setsuna.
However, if Alexiel were to ever fully awaken it would not only lead to Setsuna's demise, but it would bring about the end of Tokyo and then the world..
Aleina
Feb 16, 2016 Aleina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
Again, I think this is a great series (and I've liked it more as I've read it) but I really really really really really really really really really really really really reallly really really really don't like the incest part! XP I think that is probably the biggest turn off about the book (besides the weird angel=genderless and sort of hermaprhodite, lesbian, gay like things that confuzzles me), yet I like the series. Does that say something about it? :)
earthy
Apr 02, 2009 earthy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, manga
More Epicness from the plot, along with several new characters, making everything even more difficult to keep straight. Kurai begins to grow on me, though (I love troubled punk kids), and I LOVE Zaphikel and Raziel, though I don't really get why they're there or what they're doing. Kira's getting more interesting, too.

I suppose eventually the massive plot and extreme melodrama will annoy me, but for now I'm interested enough to keep reading.
Maria Belen
Segundo tomo y las cosas empiezan a ponerse interesantes, nuevos personajes rodean a Setsuna y todos tienen algo en común: Desean que despierte el ángel inorgánico Alexiel, hablando de, este tomo es su primera aparición por así decirlo y con ello solo deja mas y mas interrogantes.

Rating: 3.8
Viridian5
A character gets badly mutilated every chapter! Me: "Oh. Intestines." Even I have a threshold for incest, violence, mayhem, and twistedness. Angel Sanctuary stomps past all of them and then holds up someone's chopped-off hand in triumph. I put the books down and hide, shuddering, under a bed.
Cerys
Mar 22, 2014 Cerys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Slightly harder to keep up with than the 1st volume and had much less interaction between characters but still an interesting and quick read :) really not a fan of the writers side notes however, they are quite off putting
Orlaith
Jun 29, 2012 Orlaith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, mini-reviewed
In this volume we start to see a little of the wider world of Angel Sanctuary. New angels are introduced and we get hints of what is happening in Heaven while all the action remains on Earth. Keeping track of everyone can be tough, though!
Laurie(Time Stand Still)
This book is still setting up the story. I have more volumes to read.
Christine
Jan 08, 2011 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I couldn't finish this volume. It was just too confusing (too many characters look EXACTLY alike) and too weird. No. Just... no.
Nameh dah
Ya ya, quédense juntos.
Danielle
Jul 12, 2007 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I saw the anime before reading the manga - thank godde the manga is more complete! :) Finally finished the story.
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 Jody Mena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I adore this entire series. Kaori Yuki is a masterful storyteller and a talented artist.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Sakura
Sakura rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Jennifer Allen
Jennifer Allen rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2011
Heather Koc
Heather Koc rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Jen • Just One More Page
Jen • Just One More Page rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Doctorowl
Doctorowl rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Jessie
Jessie rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Saluli
Saluli rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Arcadia
Arcadia rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
  • X/1999, Volume 10: Fugue
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 4
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 6  (Pet Shop of Horrors, #6)
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 8: Miori
  • Alichino (Alichino, #2)
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...

Angel Sanctuary (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 1
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 8
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 9
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 10
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 11

“I want you to squirm and suffer much, much more.
But you must never run away. No matter how much you suffer, you must rise up like the phoenix.
At those times, you will become much, much stronger.

Right now you feel alone because the ones who usually orbit around you are also lost and in pain.
But when you have grown stronger and are able to see the truth, you will understand... that you are never alone.

Live the way you want to live, thrust away the fate that torments you. Then you'll be able to laugh at it. You should be able to do that.”
2 likes