Start by marking “Feather in the Wind” as Want to Read:
Feather in the Wind

Feather in the Wind (Time Travel #3)

BLACK WIND

He gazed out over a land as vast and empty as the sky, praying for the strength to guide his people, and he saw her face. She came to him in a vision, a woman as mysterious as the new moon over the prairie, as tender as springtime in the Paha Sapa. And he knew his life was changed forever.

SUSANNAH

She saw his face in a faded picture, and his eyes, restless as the
Mass Market Paperback, 395 pages
Published March 1997 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Feather in the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feather in the Wind

Lori
Jan 04, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel

I've had a weakness for Indians since I saw Last of the Mohicans. This is the first Native American love story I've read. Setting aside the uber cheesy cover/inside art, I really liked it. Added bonus was, it's a time travel. There are eye rolling moments, but all in all I enjoyed it.
Jul 21, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: western, historical
This is classic Madeline Baker. Easily read, sweet moments, though no real "fire" between the couple's and a predictable plot. Overall it's a just a "nice" read.
ReadingToTheStarsAndBack
(Please read full review on: http://readingtothestarsandback.wordp... )

Okay. I know this isn't a new-off-the-shelf book. It's the same age as me. Although i consider myself to be in better condition. Nevertheless, I loved it and I want to review it. I received this book through ReadIt SwapIt, a UK based website that allows you to swap books with other users. Really cool. Check it out :)

Back to the book!

Madeline Baker could have been born in the 1800s. With 1800s Native Americans. This book was
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Dec 12, 2014 Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill rated it it was amazing
I read this book years and years ago and I'd forgotten most of it so it was like reading it for the first time.

I love time travelers, Native American stories and Madeline Baker. She has a real gift. I've read several of her books and there hasn't been a dud yet. The story was vividly exciting. I fell in love with Black Wind and could relate to Susannah in a lot of ways but I found toward the end that I was really bumming for Black Wind. I didn't know if he would be as resilient as she was.

I don'
Sandra Dagg
Dec 12, 2014 Sandra Dagg rated it really liked it
This one of Madeline Baker's Time Travel novels, featuring a Native American hero, which I absolutely love! A cool twist in that the heroine who travels back in time is actually a romance novelist, but the story is well-told, taken in the time when the Native American way of life was drawing to it's sad end...I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to anyone who likes Historical Romance, Time Travel, or Native American stories. It's another keeper for me.
Regina
May 08, 2014 Regina rated it liked it
I liked the book. It brought the present, the past and the future together in an interesting and creative way. It tried to address the wrongs of the past by the "whites" to the "Indians", the attempts of the present to correct the past and the possibilities of the future. The writer has creatively educated the reader about history and culture and still delivered a good historical romance novel. it flowed well and delivered a feel good ending with a twist.
Mary23nm
This was a nice, pleasant read. The hero, Black Wind, did not act much like a Lakota Indian from other books I've read, he had more of a modern day mentality towards the heroine, Susannah. The writing is well done and flows. Nothing too angsty or harsh. I give it 3 1/2 - 4 stars (In my opinion, the 4.22 rating is a little too generous)
Heather Miller
Mar 01, 2014 Heather Miller rated it really liked it
This was the first romance novel I ever read, and it singlehandedly launched my love of writing, and will always hold a special place in my heart.
Brenda Lee
Brenda Lee rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Diana Crane
Diana Crane rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Kandra
Kandra rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
Misty Canales
Misty Canales rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2009
MelissaB
MelissaB rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2008
Irthumper
Irthumper rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2011
Karen Bullock
Karen Bullock rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Ginny
Ginny rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2010
Ocea-may Gomez
Ocea-may Gomez rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Lindsey Ruppe
Lindsey Ruppe rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
elizabeth jones
elizabeth jones rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2011
Teena Gaxiola
Teena Gaxiola rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Itanna Harrington
Itanna Harrington rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Felicity Bayly
Felicity Bayly rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Serenity
Serenity rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Kari Mathis
Kari Mathis rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Sora
Sora rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2013
Ulrike
Ulrike rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2016
Traci Domergue
Traci Domergue rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Rene
Rene rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Silken Savage
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Circles in Time
  • Lakota Flower (Lakota Skies, #3)
  • Savage Autumn
  • Savage Devotion (Savage, #14)
  • Beloved Savage
  • The Autumn Lord
  • Texas Splendor
  • Night Thunder's Bride
Madeline Ruth was born on 1963 in California, where she raised. She married her high school sweetheart and they have three sons, all handsome enough to be cover models. Growing up, her favorite pastimes were going to the movies and going horseback riding on Saturday mornings at Griffith Park. Madeline has always been "horse happy." A horse was the one thing she asked for on every birthday and ...more
More about Madeline Baker...

Time Travel (7 books)
  • The Spirit Path
  • The Angel & the Outlaw
  • Whisper in the Wind
  • Under a Prairie Moon (Time Travel, #5)
  • Unforgettable