Start by marking “Un Coupable Trop Parfait” as Want to Read:
Un Coupable Trop Parfait

Un Coupable Trop Parfait

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  311 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Rentrant du collège d'Ann Harbor où elle enseigne, Kate découvre son jeune fils Dylan, prostré dans un placard. Dans la maison gît le cadavre de son mari Richard qui s'est tiré une balle dans la tête. L'avocat Mark Weaver prend en charge les intérêts de Kate avec laquelle il se marie au grand dam du fils qui ne goûte guère cette situation, aggravée par la naissance de la j ...more
Published January 3rd 2004 by Livre de Poche (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Un Coupable Trop Parfait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un Coupable Trop Parfait

Cheryl Mcintosh
I'm having trouble connecting with the protagonist. She acts like The current event is something everybody has occur to them. I really don't like Dylan so far. Although this book did become interesting still wasn't one of my favorites. I felt that the characterization of Dylan could've been better defined. If she would've somehow made him seem like a good kid it would've been easier to connect to him. There wasn't any previous stories about him to make you connect to him. I really didn't like th ...more
Carl Brookins
There are certain facts readers need to know about Keely Bennett. She taught American Literature in high school and was the advisor to the yearbook club. Then her husband commits suicide in a rather messy way and he is found by the couple’s young son. After that, the story gets really dark and messy. I’ll admit right up front that I am put off by authors who feel they have to search for synonyms for “said” in order to make dramatic points and who use a lot of italics for the same reason. For tho ...more
Jen
Aug 03, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keely's 1st husband committs suicide and she finds her 8 year old boy next to his body.
Keely then gets remarried to a husband that her boy is not fond of.
Next thing you know her 2nd husband is dead too.
Could her boy have caused both of these deaths?
Or is there someone out to get revenge on Keely?
A good book that kept me flipping the pages.
I wish the end would have been a little better.
Kat
Oct 13, 2014 Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julie
Mar 09, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wom-challenge
Not Guilty by Patricia MacDonald is a 2002 release published by Pocket Books.

Keely's first husband Richard committed suicide after suffering with migraine headaches to the point of agony. Richard's long time friend, Mark arrives and works with Keely to get an insurance settlement for her and her young son, Dylan.
Keely and Mark fall in love and marry, then have a daughter. Life should be perfect for Keely, but Dylan is withdrawn, moody, and defiant. Then the worst nightmare Keely could imagine h
Diane
Jun 11, 2016 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book, got me interested from page 1, but was very contrived. It led you to believe that the cards were stacked against one person, and then switched that person again & again until the ending, which was totally unexpected and almost unrealistic in my view. But if you like mysteries I would recommend it, and I will probably look for more by this author.
Sherry
Oct 14, 2015 Sherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book by this author, and I LOVED it. One of those books that you just couldn't wait to get back into, or never wanted to put down. I will be reading more of her!
Bette
Jun 11, 2015 Bette rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not exactly a gripping , nail- biting mystery. More like a who- done - it / harlequin read.. It was a page turner because I just wanted to be finished reading it.
Julie
Mar 09, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patricia MacDonald's books are so suspenseful, I can hardly put the down. This one was no exception.
Anne Martin
Dec 07, 2015 Anne Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good and scary thriller, the way it should be. You will be surprised by some of the twists...
Susan  Murphree
Mar 05, 2015 Susan Murphree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT!! I started reading & could not stop it was so good
Boots S
An interesting plot with some twists and turns and surprises. Mother devotion was a bit excessive.
April Jones
Jun 27, 2014 April Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read kept me guessing till the end
Sue
Dec 15, 2015 Sue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aarf-yuck-ugh
ugh. I refuse to read a book that OVER-uses the protagonist's names. Keely or Dylan, Dylan, Keely, Dylan . . . Keely, sometimes 5-10 times on every.single.page. Did someone not notice this?? ugh ugh ugh barf
Kristin Williams
This was the first book I'd ever read of hers and I loved it!! I never wanted to put the book down!! I've actually read the book twice, and it was obviously better the first time around, but I still enjoyed it the second time around! The bad guy is not who you expect!! Very cleverly written with a wonderful twist!
The Reading Cove Book Club ❧
Bonus Book ~ July 2015
Alanna
Aug 21, 2008 Alanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
Good read. I thought I had it figured out a couple times and then there was a twist. Always love a good twist! I couldn't wait to finish it to find out what happened and who did it.
Krystle Kouture
Dec 22, 2012 Krystle Kouture rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even if you think you know "who dun it" you're probably wrong. Beautifully paced plot, couldn't put it down. The characters were a little forced/unreal for my taste though.
Dawn
Oct 13, 2008 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense novel.
Recommended to Dawn by: I always read Patricia MacDonald's books.
Very good suspense book. I was very surprised on who the murderer was. Patricia MacDonald is an author who I have been reading for many years. I always enjoy her books.
Greg
Jul 15, 2011 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read and it sure did keep you guessing until the end. I was supposed to get back to work after lunch but I had to finish reading the last 6 chapters. Well done!
Jobin
Jul 09, 2013 Jobin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psychologically preferable especially unimaginable kind of love a mother can give to his children. Must read for parents and soon to be parents.
Mary
Jul 21, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good storyline
Recommended to Mary by: daughter
I haven't read a Patricia MacDonald in a long time and I wasn't disappointed. Very good book, kept me reading until the early morning.
Rebecca Young
Nov 24, 2013 Rebecca Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It is full of mystery and intrigue but also shows the love a parent has for her child.
Kristin Danko
Feb 11, 2016 Kristin Danko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a woman's second husband dies, she and her son are investigated...
Joanie
Nov 02, 2009 Joanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a page-turner! didn't know who the killer was til the very end!
Julie Alderson
Jul 11, 2012 Julie Alderson rated it really liked it
One of those unputdownable plane-reading books ! Vive les vacances !
Marcie
Jul 12, 2010 Marcie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good murder mystery. Kept me guessing til the end.
Tami
Aug 25, 2008 Tami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, I've reguessed the ending 3 times.
Darla Lau
Interesting, would read more of her work
Susan
Easy read. Interesting story line.
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Falls the Shadow (Victor Carl, #5)
  • The Cairo Diary
  • The Final Kill
  • Motion to Dismiss (Kali O'Brien, #3)
  • Now You Die
  • Bad Behavior
  • The Echo of Violence (Sweet Justice, #3)
  • Without Consent
  • Dark and Deadly
  • Cut to the Quick (Nan Vining Mysteries, #2)
  • Blind Curve

Patricia MacDonald is the author of several psychological suspense novels set in small towns. MacDonald grew up in Greenwich, Connecticut and has a master's degree from Boston College. Before writing her own novels she was a book editor and was once an editor for a soap opera magazine in New York. She is marri
More about Patricia MacDonald...