Start by marking “Best Unspoken” as Want to Read:
Best Unspoken

Best Unspoken

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Twenty-five year old social butterfly, Levi Finley couldn't be more mismatched for his middle-aged, introverted counterpart, biomedical tech, Rob Langston. What happens when two so utterly opposite men come together? Besides the hottest sex in Levi's young life? Throw in one opinionated mother, misunderstanding friends, and one hell of a birthday party at the wildest, gent ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Noble Romance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Best Unspoken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Unspoken

May 29, 2009 Nancy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nancy by: Bryl Tyne
Levi is young, hot and sexy, but he cares too much about what others think of his introverted, middle-aged lover.

I enjoyed this short glimpse into Levi's and Rob's relationship and hope to read more.

Bryl shows us that middle age can also be hot, sexy and full of surprises.
Veronica /  V
Awful story.
You are in a committed relationship, and because it is your birthday, you can let your friend kissed, toughed you and the bouncer sucked you off.
Charming story indeed(VERY SARCASTIC).

3.5 bumped to 4. It is very short. It is above average but it really should have been at least twice as long to give us more time with Levi and Rob. Such a short glimpse is limiting and doesn't really give us as much insight into this relationship as it deserves.
This short story, only 18 pages, gives us a brief view into Levi Finley and Rob Langston's relationship. They are an established couple and so the focus is not on their getting together but on how they 'work together'. What makes them, despite all outward appearances, a good fit for each other? At first I had reservations both with Levi's actions and with Rob's character but those disappeared quickly as I got into the story.

Levi is outgoing and likes to party while Rob is quiet and a homebody an
Elisa Rolle
Best Unspoken is a really short story, less than 20 pages and barely a night in the life of Rob and Levi, but it has some interesting points. Levi is a 25 years old social butterfly; in the space of the night we haven't the chance to understand what Levi does for living, we only know that he is living with Rob, a 44 years old high executive. Rob has the beautiful car, the beautiful apartment and the beautiful boy at this arm... and in a way Rob is also the classical "daddy" type: he takes his bo ...more
3.5 stars ~ Overall I enjoyed Best Unspoken, but there were a few times that I felt lost; mostly, I think, because the story is focused on the events that occur but with not as much background as I like. But it is a story that I can see going back to again and again, and very likely pick up more of the nuances in the relationship between Rob and Levi. And I'd love to read more about this unlikely-seeming couple who actually complement each other very well.
Being your birthday allows you to be fondled, kissed, blown (not by your guy, BTW) and then let your friends trash talk your BF. Hmmm.
A really sweet, hot short story. It definitely makes me want to look for more from this author, hopefully longer in length.
Jazzfarer marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Marie added it
Aug 12, 2014
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Ash added it
Sep 05, 2015
Chad marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Davina added it
Oct 18, 2013
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Shanmugasundaram marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
FlibBityFLooB marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Helle marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Amy added it
Nov 30, 2012
Melanie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
BRYL R. TYNE is a wrangler by nature and a writer by choice. Balancing as many pronouns as hats, somewhere between the evil day job, editing, and helping a benevolent Sugar Daddy raise the last of seven kids, Bryl writes. Homoerotic romance is a favorite, but many of Bryl’s stories cross genres. Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, even Westerns, Bryl writes them all.

[image error]
More about Bryl R. Tyne...
Alipio Tough Guy If I Were a Lady... Beneath Me May Day