Start by marking “The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness” as Want to Read:
The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  16 reviews

A renowned intuitive and visionary shows you how to know what you need to know just when you need to know it.

Intuition is not a rare gift that only a gifted few possess but an innate human capacity that can be enhanced and developed. Synthesizing insights from psychology, East- West philosophy, religion, metaphysics, and business, this hands-on workbook in the tradition o

Published September 8th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Intuitive Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intuitive Way

Richard Szponder
In The Intuitive Way, Penney Peirce offers a course on intuition development different from other “psychic skills” books on the market. Rather than developing intuition as a tool, Peirce suggests that intuition is part of everyday life and encourages the integration of intuition into everyday living. We all must awaken to the subtle, immediate messages offered by the universe as it presents the exact information we need exactly when we need it.

Peirce explains that the goal is to transcend a basi
Claudia
Nov 10, 2008 Claudia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: logical people; creative people
Recommended to Claudia by: my mom
Shelves: mind-opening
Do you make lists? Logically set up your day? Think a lot? Rarely find time to sit and just, well, let your mind randomly wander?

Do you want to mix it up a little? Maybe throw a little intuition in there and see what happens?

Penney Peirce wrote "The Intuitive Way" for you: people who want to access a subtle and often underused personal strength - intuition.

Is it a self-help book? Sure, though it's also a good read in terms of encouraging one's creativity to blossom, and in terms of thinking abou
Karen
This is by far the best workbook on intuition I've worked with. For the past 10 weeks I have spend about 2 hours every morning with this book. It has been worth every moment. In the last 10 weeks I have not only developed a deeper connection with my intuition, but I also have a more meaningful understanding of how it is to live intuitively. Penney is amazing in her perception, I love the way she see things and guides you though this process with love and compassion. I will to continue to study a ...more
Yaaresse
A good book -- in spite of the high left field woo-woo title -- about listening to that little voice in the back of your head that often gives the best advice. Intuition is often "simply" getting all the members of the inner peanut gallery to shut up for a few minutes so you can pay attention to what you've already seen, heard, felt, etc., but not yet acknowledged.

The book has a bunch of exercises that would take weeks (months) to work through, and so I will probably revisit this at a slower pa
Julie Murray
This book is quickly shaping up to be the go-to manual for understanding and developing intuition, which, in my opinion, is THE work of the new consciousness. It's laid out in the same style as The Artist's Way, filled with tips, tools, and exercises intended to get you on the path toward greater intuitive living.
Lindsay
It's not only a good book for the basics but also full of prompts. For those who wish to turn their intuition into practice: that's the book you need. Sometimes it's a little bit difficult to keep up with everything, yet the exercises are very interesting.
VL
Wonderful book. I think it would be perfect for whatever stage you are at in your connection to your intuition, and I think it is a book you could revisit over and over again throughout your life, learning something new along the way.
Lindy
A great place to start writing down your thoughts and connecting with the inner wisdom that is your birthright. Unlock the creative spirit within and let it guide you in your times of free writing and creative play.
Gina
Dec 09, 2008 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I only did the first few chapters of this book and it is sitting next to my bed begging me to pick it up and really work through all the tasks.
Worth buying and exploring if you are into this kind of thing
Tracy
What I got to read of it was good. I will have to buy another copy because I lent it out and it has since been lost. The exercises in the book were very useful and easy to follow.
Eve Adamson
So far, the best part is what I've gotten out of my own brain through the journaling prompts. Which, I suppose, is the whole point of a book like this.
Sharon Bingham
So far, I like this book. It takes time to get through this book because of the exercises. It takes practice, time, and patience.
Melissa
This is a great book to go through slowly, learning to read and trust your "inner voice" as opposed to the mental chatter.
LemontreeLime
...I _think_ i read this. I predict that i probably enjoyed it too, just a gut feeling....
Stanley Hall
May 28, 2010 Stanley Hall is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize just how valuable intuition is to every decision we make.
Marilyn Zeiler
good fundamentals for the meditative practicioner
Denise Puga
Denise Puga marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Jameisha
Jameisha marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kevin Orth
Kevin Orth marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Anser
Anser marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Maggie Cunningham
Maggie Cunningham marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Ewyn
Ewyn marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Reid
Reid marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit
  • Dancing the Dream: The Seven Sacred Paths Of Human Transformation
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • The Vein of Gold
  • Riding Between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential Through the Way of the Horse
  • Mindful Movements: Mindfulness Exercises Developed by Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village Sangha
  • Ariadne's Thread: A Workbook of Goddess Magic
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life
  • The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • Fearless Creating
Penney Peirce is the author of a series of popular guidebooks: Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration; The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness; Dreams for Dummies; Dream Dictionary for Dummies; and The Present Moment: A Daybook of Clarity and Intuition. Penney is a gifted intuitive empath and visionary, as well as a popular lecturer, counselor, and trainer speciali ...more
More about Penney Peirce...
Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration Leap of Perception: New Attention Skills for the Intuition Age Leap of Perception: The Transforming Power of Your Attention Dream Dictionary for Dummies Dreams for Dummies