The Heroes of Googley Woogley

The Heroes of Googley Woogley

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Space Boy Pete saves the day
A tale of a young boy Space Boy Pete, and his dad, Space Man James, rocketing off into deep space to save the day. This small boy's active imagination are again taking him and his dad into a cartoonish adventure that is funny and a must read for little readers.
Published March 1st 2009 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about The Heroes of Googley Woogley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heroes of Googley Woogley

VegasGal
May 04, 2009 VegasGal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 4-9 year old children
Shelves: read-2009
In this second book written by 7 year old author and illustrator, Dalton James, the characters from the first book (The Sneakiest Pirates) are now rich and are helping aliens in need of assistance on planet googley woogley. A wonderful story book with colorful pictures. This one even has a cute ending too.
Ruth
If you have ever wondered what a children's book would look like if it was written and illustrated by a child; wonder no more. Dalton James, age seven, is the author and illustrator of The Heroes of Googley Woogley. The opening page introduces us to Rock Star Pete and his daddy, Rock Star James. They have lots of money so they use all their money to buy a spaceship. In the spaceship is a store that includes lots of candy. They go into space and find the planet Googley Woogley, which has two type...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for Kids @ TeensReadToo.com

What child wouldn't find the title entertaining? You just have to love the words "googley woogley," don't you?

THE HEROES OF GOOGLEY WOOGLEY flows nicely from Dalton's previous book, THE SNEAKIEST PIRATES. The end of the pirate story has Pete and his father James going off to become rock stars. THE HEROES OF GOOGLEY WOOGLEY begins with the reader meeting Rock Star Pete and Rock Star James.

The two have gathered a lot of money as rock stars and have dec...more
Sarah Sammis
Last week I reviewed The Sneakiest Pirates by Dalton James and now I'm back to review the sequel, The Heroes of Googley Woogley.

The book begins right where the last one ended. Pete and his dad are now famous rock stars but they long for something more. They decide to use their new found wealth to go on a new adventure. What better way to have an adventure than to be come astronauts?

The space adventure that Dalton James imagines is surreal and humorous. The red and blue world of the Soodo and Soo...more
Farrah
My 8 year old son and I enjoyed reading The Heroes of Googley Woogley and The Sneakiest Pirates by Dalton James. He laughed and snickered at the made up names, places, and pictures that were in the stories. He thought it was "awesome" because his own dad's name is James like the boy in the stories. While he found both the pirates and aliens funny to read, his favorite was the alien battle in The Heroes of Googley Woogley.

I believe the books have even inspired the little man to become the next f...more
Shannon McGee
A short story about a father and son who are spacemen. They help save the good aliens of Googley Woogley.

To make a book like this happen, an adult like me usually try hard to keep a childhood imagination. That wasn't an isue for this author: it was written by a 7-year-old. Kids imagination have no limits, while adults always have that voice in the back of our heads saying "that can't happen". So leave it to a kid to come up with this most creative story. I look forward to more books by Dalton Ja...more
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 06, 2009