Start by marking “Heaven Can Wait” as Want to Read:
Heaven Can Wait

Heaven Can Wait

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,614 ratings  ·  97 reviews
'What would I do without you, Lucy Brown?' he said, and kissed me softly. I held his face in my hands and kissed him back. I felt that life just couldn't get any more perfect. And I was right, it wouldn't. By the end of the next day, I'd be dead.

Lucy is about to marry the man of her dreams - kind, handsome, funny Dan - when she breaks her neck the night before their weddin
Published November 1st 2009 by Orion (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Can Wait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Can Wait

Chloe
Lucy Brown has got it all – a great fiancé, her perfect wedding is all planned and her life is just how she wants it. She’s all set to marry Dan, but then the unthinkable happens – Lucy dies. She wakes up in limbo and is offered a choice – she can go up to heaven for eternity, or return to earth as ghost, and therefore be around Dan once more.

Lucy misses Dan terribly and decides she must stay with him, but she doesn’t bank on having to complete a mission first. Lucy must find the soulmate of com
OceMei Belikova♥
"Apa yang akan kulakukan tanpa dirimu, Lucy Brown?"

Dan mengatakan itu kepada Lucy, calon pengantin wanita yang akan segera ia nikahi. Lucy dan Dan sudah lama berpacaran dan akhirnya memutuskan untuk segera menikah. Mereka saling mencintai dan semua yang terjadi diantara mereka berdua begitu indah.

Tapi bagaimana jika kebahagiaan dalam bentuk pernikahan tersebut takkan pernah terlaksana?

Pertengkaran mungkin akan memisahkan kedua pasangan, tapi bukan karena itu yang menyebabkan Dan dan Lucy tak bi
Vicki
You know how there are some books you pick up and know from the first few lines you’re going to love them? Well for me this definitely was one of them! I immediately warmed to Lucy, who is a little ditsy but completely loveable. By page 9 I’d already laughed out loud a few times, with a scene where Lucy is reminiscing her first date with Dan having me in stitches, while scarily being able to relate to and cringe along with.

Lucy’s death happens very early in the book, but if your thinking this ma
Inge
Lucy Brown, unlucky as she is, dies on the day before her wedding day. She’s stuck in this limbo and is asked whether she wants to go all the way up to heaven or become a ghost and roam the earth forever. Since she’s not ready to leave her fiancé Dan yet, she chooses the second one. But before she can, she must accomplish a task in a time span of three weeks. Lucy is sent back to earth as a human (except for the people she knew, they can’t see her or talk to her) and shacks up with a smelly old ...more
Choco
Monique Bartley
Cally Taylor's Heaven Can Wait is a unique novel that will leave you sighing with happiness once you finish the last page. Although I'm tempted to lump it into the romantic fiction genere, this book is so much more than that. This novel is not a typical looking for love kind of story, but more of a tale revolving around what happens when true love is found, but you are separated from that person. This is the situation that Lucy Brown faces when she dies the day before marrying the love of her li ...more
SerNing
I was looking for a light chicklit after reading a very intense book before and chanced upon this book. The idea of the book reminded me of the Ghost Whisperer in someways.

It didn't take too long to warm up to the story. The plot was not particularly surprising, after all this is a chicklit. I always find that in chicklits the best parts are the journey to getting to the ending because let's be honest they are really predictable. The writing was good, i don't have anything against it. But i thi
Edlyn Blanch Maegan Alog
Is it worth it to hold on just for you to be near him and to be able to see him and make yourself believe everything will be okay? Or is it finally time to let go and move on? Let him go for him to find a happy ever after with someone and for them to live a life that was supposed to be yours but now signifies everything you've lost. And for you to move on and heal yourself from the wounds that love caused you that sting so much.

But with love you'll never know what's right or wrong. Because when
Chanpreet
I can't think of where to begin with how much I loved this book. It's definitely something unique. I don't think I've ever read a book with a premise like this. The book hooks you from page one and you are always kept wondering what will happen next. I was in tears by the time the end of the book rolled around. Cally Taylor did an amazing job with this book. I believe this is her debut book and it is just wonderful.
Mary
i have to say i loved this book never read any by this author before but will definately read more. i so loved lucy she was so witty and so caring loved the limbo house and the relationship between brian claire and lucy.. i wasnt expecting the ending but loved it ok maybe a wee bit corny but just a nice easy read
Angie
WOW!! I loved this book! It completely kept me intrigued and wanting more! I was not expecting the twist and turns this book offered. I HIGHLY recommend this book! I want to also say THANK YOU to Cally Taylor. She personally sent me this book and signed it for me as well.
Eve
Absolutely fantastic, unique, cute, unusual and with ending that no one could predict. I can not believe that we're talking about debut novel because this book is written with a style that resembles author who has many titles in her pocket.
Sandra
Kada sam trazila knjigu koju bi mogla procitati, htjela sam nesto sto ce me opustiti i nasmijati. Tako da sam se odlucila za ovu knjigu, i nisam pogrijesila, laka je za citanje, duhovita, u nekim djelovima jako emotivna, ali sa sretnim krajem. Mnogo sam se smijala dok sam je citala, svidja mi se ideja knjige, a i kako se radnja odvijala. Zivot poslije smrti je skroz sasavo opisan, a likovi su simpaticni i predivni. Sve je nekako upakovano u sarenilo, a nakon sto sam je procitala, imala sam velik ...more
Erta Lin
Apa yang akan kau lakukan saat kau mengira dirimu akan mati? (hal.7)
Sehari sebelum hari pernikahannya tiba, sesaat setelah pertengkaran kecil dengan Dan, tunangannya, dan saat hendak mengambil kotak yang berisi kenangan mereka berdua, Lucy terjatuh dan meninggal. Kebahagiaannya yang tinggal selangkah lagi direnggut. Ironis. Tapi itulah yang harus dihadapinya.

Setelah meninggal, Lucy diberi dua pilihan. Melanjutkan perjalanannya ke surga atau menjadi hantu dengan terlebih dahulu menyelesaikan satu
Fiona
Wonderful tale that made me feel sad yet had the ability to make me laugh most of the way through the book.
Lucy and Dan are planning their happy ever after but unfortunately the eve before their wedding Lucy has an accident resulting in her death. Waking up in Limbo she is told she has the choice of going straight to heaven or completing a task which will giver her the option of becoming a ghost and remaining in this world. As her last words to Dan were not pretty ones she opts to do the task an
Veronica Widya
I constantly interest to read this book after i read the summary.

Since i was a kid i always think about why people died, or tragic things happened to good people. and this lucy brown story is one of the story that crossed my mind. how if people died before their wedding? it would be tragic, pathetic and painful.
and how with those who left behind, especially the groom?

Cally Taylor answer my question with this story.
Lucy Brown is just a normal, nice and funny girl who will be marry with her sweeth
Leah
Ghost stories seem to be all the rage this year. First up we have Sophie Kinsella’s fantastic Twenties Girl and now we have Heaven Can Wait from debut author Cally Taylor. Heaven Can Wait as I said is a debut novel but when I was reading it I found that hard to believe. I’ve read a few fab debuts this year and this is another fab one.

Heaven Can Wait begins just before Lucy dies although the first line tells us that Lucy thinks she’s just about to die right then and there on the toilet and I was
Meggy
Lucy Brown akan menikah dengan kekasih nya Daniel dalam hitungan jam tetapi semua berakhir ketika dia ingin memanjat dan mengambil sesuatu yang berharga untuk Daniel.
Menyesal tidak membalas perkataan I LOVE YOU dari Daniel, Lucy di beri pilihan oleh malaikat untuk memilih pergi ke surga menemui orang tua nya, atau turun ke bumi untuk bertemu Daniel dan menjalankan tugas sebelum dia dapat memilih untuk menjadi hantu di bumi atau naik ke surga.
Dalam jangka waktu kurang lebih 20 hari, Lucy harus bi
Anastasia Cynthia
Diracik dengan sedikit humor, tapi sayang sepertinya 'it's not my cup of tea', tidak beropini bahwa ini buku yang buruk. Hanya saja bukan tipe yang terbiasa gue konsumsi. Dibuka dengan sebuah adegan romantis, khas drama-drama barat yang menceritakan kehidupan metropolis. Lucy Brown berspekulasi terlalu jauh tentang keadaan tubuhnya. Apa dia memiliki tumor? Lalu bagaimana dengan penyakit komplikasi yang lain?

Esok adalah hari pertunangannya dengan Dan, cowok yang di matanya dianggap sempurna. Ruma
Soycazadoradesombrasylibros
Un libro con un toque celestial y encantador, que te hará reír,llorar y pensar en ¿Que harías si fueses Lucy, y tienes que elegir tu futuro?
Pero, antes que nada comentaros que el libro lo abrí sin haber leído nada de la sinopsis, en este caso sin saber muy bien el motivo, quizás porque pensé que la portada me lo había dicho todo, pero en esta ocasión me lleve una grata sorpresa,fui desvelando los entresijos de la historia y conociendo a los personajes sin conocer nada de antemano como comentaba
Hobby
Judul Asli : HEAVEN CAN WAIT
Copyright © Cally Taylor 2009
Penerbit : Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Alih Bahasa : Nurkinanti Laraskusuma
Cover by Marcel A.W.
Cetakan I : September 2012 ; 440 hlm
Lucy Brown (bukan saudaranya Charlie Brown dari Snoopy ya ...) akan menikah dalam waktu kurang dari 48 jam. Tapi justru ia mengalami kesialan yang parah seumur hidupnya. Ia terjatuh dari tangga loteng saat berusaha mencari hadiah istimewa untuk Dan – calon suaminya, sebagai tanda maaf karena bertengkar pada malam
Cindy
T.T Nangisss nangis nangis ...
Serasa nonton 49 days drama tapi dalam ver barat dan tulisanya.

Baik, tertarik baca karena judulnya yang unik? Heaven Can Wait but you..? Ini bener bener judul yang menggambarkan keseluruhan cerita novel ini. Tipis dan padet, enak dibaca, walau kadang bikin kesel karena ceweknya hantu. Banyak sekali pelajaran yang membuat saya berfikir, kalo saya mati kelak, adakah yang merindukan saya? Bagaimna orang yang saya tinggalkan? Apa mereka akan tetap mencintai saya atau
Jennifer Joyce
Lucy Brown couldn't be happier. She is about to marry Dan, a man she loves and who has been there for her when she really needed him but on the eve of their wedding Lucy has an accident and dies.

After the accident, Lucy wakes up in Limbo and is offered two choices: leave behind the man she loves and go up to heaven or go back to Earth as a ghost. Lucy chooses to return to Earth but before she can go back to Dan, she must complete a task.

Lucy's task is to find love for Archibald, a computer lovin
Wiwi
Sangat enjoy baca novel ini, karena penasaran dengan endingnya.

Lucy akan segera menikah dengan Dan tunangannya, naasnya pada malam sebelum hari H itu dia meninggal terjatuh dari tangga karena berusaha mengambil barang kado prnikahan untuk Dan.

Kaget saat bangun ada di akhirat, Lucy bertemu Bob semacam malaikat yang mengatur orang-orang yang baru mati. Masih syok dan gak percaya dia sudah mati, Lucy diberi tawaran oleh Bob. Mau naik eskalator menuju Surga atau turun eskalator menuju dunia dan menj
Z. Elizabeth
It’s the night before Lucy and Dan’s wedding, and with Dan leaving Lucy alone, she decides to climb up to the attic to retrieve her gift for Dan. Only problem is, she falls and breaks her neck.

Lucy Brown is now declared dead.

After waking up in Limbo, Lucy is given an ultimatum – She can go to Heaven for eternity and be with her parents, or return as a Ghost/living dead on Earth, and therefore be around Dan once more.

As she misses Dan a hell of a lot, she decides to return to Earth, but the thing
Lucy Felthouse
This is a chick-lit/romance novel with a difference. I don't want to say too much and give the plot away, but it is different, quirky and very funny. It also had twists and turns I wasn't expecting, and left me open-mouthed with surprise when I finished it.

Overall, a fun, well-written book which would definitely tempt me into checking out other books by the author.
Tündi
It was not what I expected. I thought it one of the books where you start crying in the 10th page and don't stop until the end, but this book is definitely different. It'S very entertaining and funny and yeah sometimes it going to make you cry but in the best way. I would recommend for everybody who want to read something light.
Nicholas
THis was a charming book that was beautifully written. Lucy was a great character that I can see many people liking a lot. The story was pretty unique and flowed nicely. A great romance type of read. I was able to finish it quickly, but by the end of the book I found myself not wanting it to end.
Y.
OH MY GAWD.

This book. THIS book.

To be honest, I wasn't really pleased with this book in the beginning. Cally Taylor's idea for the theme of this books is fantastic, BUT; it lacks description, the characters weren't describe properly and the dialogue was a little bit poorly. BUT! The emotions, oh God, the emotions. I feel in love with the end and I was sooooo worried and sad when at first I thought (spoiler alert!) Anna will take over Dan and Lucy will be so graceful to leave him to be happy wi
Alyson
I knew i wanted to read this the moment I read the blurb. Very interesting premise, the book went in ways that was not as predictable as usual chick lit. Overall a light-hearted read and I caught myself chuckling at the ways of Lucy.
simmilar books 2 18 Apr 07, 2012 10:49AM
  • Personally I Blame My Fairy Godmother
  • Wedding Tiers
  • Last Christmas
  • Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week
Cally Taylor lives in Bristol with her boyfriend, baby son and their ridiculously large DVD/book/music collection. She shares her 'study' with the washing machine and surf board and writes her novels in any spare moments she can squeeze in between the day job and her social network addiction . She started writing fiction in 2005 and her short stories have won several awards and been published by a ...more
More about Cally Taylor...
Home for Christmas Secrets and Rain Tears and Laughter and Happy Ever After: 26 Short Stories Sunlounger 100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music

“We just sat there on the sofa and looked at each other, a kind of unspoken mutual understanding filling the silence.” 3 likes
“Celebration called for more booze than normal, everyone knew that.” 1 likes