Start by marking “Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]” as Want to Read:
Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]

Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  700 ratings  ·  57 reviews
In true DK style, " LEGO(R) Star Wars(TM) The Visual Dictionary "elucidates, illuminates, and excites even the most discerning LEGO Group, Star Wars(TM), and minifigure fans around the world. Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, and more are brought to life with dozens of little-known facts and hundreds of photos, as are accessories, vehicles, weapons, and even th ...more
Published October 5th 2009 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lego Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lego Star Wars

Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia by Hannah DolanThe Lego Ideas Book by Daniel LipkowitzLego Star Wars by Simon BeecroftLEGO Harry Potter by Elizabeth DowsettThe Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide by Allan Bedford
LEGO Books
3rd out of 20 books — 8 voters
The Seven Natural Wonders Of The EARTH by Anna OthitisLego Star Wars by Simon BeecroftGlorious by Bernice L. McFaddenIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara FoleyThe Zoo by Stephen   Black
Best Books to Read on a Flight From NY to LA
2nd out of 27 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Here's a great book for all those LEGO Star Wars collectors out there. LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary also comes with an exclusive mini-figure of Luke Skywalker. It's quite thick but actually half the book behind the cover is a pad created to house that small figure. Not really a major issue.

There's a timeline that shows all the LEGO Star Wars sets, the boxes, from 1999 to 2009, which includes the movie saga, Clone Wars and specialist sets. It should deli
Mellissa
Reading a condensed version of this to Josiah. DROID SOCKET.
Andrew
The Visual Dictionary is quite the volume. It's a very comprehensive listing of all the LEGO Star Wars sets and minifigures from 1999 to 2009. Being that it's now 2013, it's obviously a little out of date, but keeping when it was released in mind it's really quite fantastic.

There's lots of beautiful full-color illustrations to show off the sets, especially how much better they got over a decade. Comparing the 1999 X-Wing set to the 2006 one is just night and day. There's lots of text callouts an
Sweet on Books
* This is a terrifically comprehensive book on the subject of Star Wars lego.
* My six year old son is obsessed with this book, poring over the pages himself and asking for it to be read
to him constantly.
* It is a cool book with a ton of information on Star Wars and Star Wars Lego "guys", another obsession in my house.
____________________________________________________________________________________

This book is positively captivating my young Star Wars fan - he literally can't get enough o
Gabriel Hughes
When I first got this book, I was in awe. There are so many Star Wars sets that I never knew existed. Then after a few months I realized that this book is a really good way to get yourself to want to spend more money than you have on discontinued LEGO sets. I was a little disappointed, and didn't open it very much.

Now that a year has passed since receiving this book, I am super excited about it again. It's fun to compare new LEGO Star Wars sets with their older iterations and see how some of the
Kbord
Feb 12, 2011 Kbord rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lego Star Wars collectors
If you are a Lego Star Wars collector, you probably bought the book for the Luke Skywalker inside the front cover, or to help you find old sets to buy. If all you want is the minifigure, it's a steep price to pay, even if the book is relatively cheap. If you are not a fan of Star Wars or Legos, then this is a mere curiosity book.

The book has a timeline of all Lego sets from 1999 through 2010, which had originally been the end-date of Lego Star Wars production. Now that Lego Star Wars has been ex
Tim Le
I think this book it really great, it tell me about the characters and ships made by Lego.
Emmet Miles
Great Death Star pictures
Brian Wong
I'm your father!
Roxi
We read this book over and over while we were at Moriya's. Brynn let my boys drool over it. My sons had this book memorized instantly. I didn't know my boys had such a broad vocabulary, but I guess all males are born with a complete understanding of Junga Fett and Bobba Fett. Owen and Harry knew all the Star War's lingo after reading this book. We talked about it the entire seven hour trip back to Elko! I felt highly stimulated. If you have young boys, this book is for you! Ha!Ha!
DJ
Everything you need to know about Lego Star Wars collection.

Need a flowchart of the exact collections, number of pieces, number of minifigs, instead of all over the place and from different movies, etc. That's just my way of looking at things. Other than that, it's pretty cool to really see the full Lego Star Wars collection.

My DREAM display would be The Death Star II, Millenium Falcon, and Super Star Destroyer (LARGEST Lego collection at 3152 pieces, 50 inches long).
Sylvia
A nice book for LEGO Star Wars' fan with a lot of information about the boxsets LEGO released these last thirteen or so years. Boxsets are give with the title, release year, number of bricks and boxset number. The author paid attention to the several figures LEGO created for Star Wars.
The book finishes with an interview with the master developper and gives an inside view of the LEGO Star Wars Community.
Duane
For fans of Star Wars & Legos, this book is for you! With wonderful illustrations, the reader will learn so much about the Star Wars universe and the history of Lego working with Star Wars. A great book for collectors of Lego Star Wars. Includes a photo history of every kit that Lego has released in the Star Wars genre. An oversized book that's great for just casual browsing. A great book!
Randie
An illustrated and very detailed description of all the Lego Star Wars characters, vehicles, settings, and weapons. My five-year-old loves the full-page photos that depict movie scenes. The time-line of when the Lego products were made is also neat. Perfect book for Star Wars lovers.
John
This book is very exciting because it tells about every Star Wars Lego made from 1999 to present day. Since it also comes with a free, never released, special edition minifigure of Luke Skywalker in the celebration scene from Episode IV: A New Hope, I'm rating it a 5 instead of a 4.
John
Fun book for fans of Star Wars LEGO kits. It's essentially a pictorial history of those kits from their introduction in 1999 to the publication of the book in 2009.
Rebecca
If you love Legos or Star Wars, this is a must read. I like neither all that much, but my six year old does. Hence, I have this book memorized and just in case I forget, my son has written out all the stuff I need to remember for me.
Seth
They put the millennium falcon in a pool cause it was too big for the oven! There was all of the star wars legos of the world on the first pages of the book. The lego Millennium Falcon could open up!
Magnolia
I love this book! Tons of people in my class had it and that was TORTURE until the 2010 book fair came along. We got it then! Oh, and my 6 year old brother is actually scrolling through it right now!!!!!!!
Mamafeelgood
We checked this out from the library. My kid loved it so much that I actually bought it. This says a lot since I rarely buy books. It's also really cool that it comes with a star wars lego character.
Nscott
THe promotional Lego minifigure it comes with is Lego Star Wars celebration Luke Skywalker and book is awesome except it would be nice if they told you the price of each different Lego set in it
Chris
My friend Traci rules!!! I loved this book for so many reasons. If you're a Lego AND Star Wars fan this is a must have. It's just plain fun and includes a cool mini-fig. Pick it up post haste!!!
Christina
My boys are obsessed with this book! The detail is incredible and I am blown away by the complexity of the Lego sets and timelines. A must have for any boy who is in love with Legos and Star Wars!!
Jenny
great books for children who are love (aka are obsessed with) Lego Star Wars like my young sons are. Hours of materials for them to peruse. Bright, colorful sturdy book.
Tricia
Partially marketing but 100% intriquing for children who enjoy all things Star Wars. No offense library book but you are better off bought and poured over for hours and hours.
Kyle
I would have liked to see more 'behind-the-scenes' stuff on how model decisions get made. Overall, a good review of the last 10 years of Lego Star Wars...
Angela
I am giving this five stars as it is one of a dozen or so books my son will actually seek out and then sit down and peruse on his own for long periods of time.
L & D
A must have for the Star Wars and/or the Lego enthusiust. Everything you ever wanted to know! Plus, your lego wish list quickly increases!
A great book-talk for Lego and star wars fans--the kind of book kids do not know exists, but which they will love to find out about.
Nathan
Sep 19, 2011 Nathan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that likes Star Wars and anyone who likes legos
Shelves: star-wars
This book was awesome because it showed a lot of cool lego sets.
I also like that it tells you how many pieces the lego sets have.
HQ Watch Full The Lego Movie Online | Download Free ... - Feedly 1 3 Feb 11, 2014 06:11PM
  • Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide Special Edition
  • Star Wars: The Essential Atlas
  • Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
  • LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: A Scanimation Book: Iconic Scenes from a Galaxy Far, Far Away...
  • The Cult of LEGO
  • Star Wars Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars Art: Visions (Star Wars Art, #1)
  • A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Simon Beecroft is the New York Times bestselling author of LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary as well as many other Star Wars titles for children, including Star Wars The Clone Wars: Watch Out For Jabba the Hutt, Star Wars: Luke Skywalker’s Amazing Story, and Star Wars: Beware the Dark Side. He has also written books on subjects as diverse as dinosaurs, extreme weather, future technology, Nelso ...more
More about Simon Beecroft...
Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Anakin in Action! (DK Readers Level 2) Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Watch Out for Jabba the Hutt! (DK Readers Level 1) Star Wars: R2-D2 and Friends Star Wars: Ready, Set, Podrace! (DK Readers Level 1)