Start by marking “I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)” as Want to Read:
I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)

I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl #12)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,740 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
Blair, Serena, Nate, Dan, and Vanessa went off to live their lives. Now they're coming home for the holidays. A lot can change in a few months... but some things never do.

It finally happened: we went to college. We started over. No one knows who we've coveted, what we scored on the SATs, where our parents live, or when we became debaucherous. We've learned new things, mad
Published November 3rd 2009 by Poppy (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Will Always Love You, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rose
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Considering this was the last book in the series, there wasn’t much resolution! (view spoiler) and how come we never found out who Gossip Girl was?

6 out of 10
Jen • Just One More Page

This review is also posted on my blog.

(view spoiler)
PurplyCookie
The entire "Gossip Girl" series was created to be a guilty pleasure and a "Sex and the City for the younger set" and they have achieved their goal. This latest installment of the original Gossip Girl cast is everything the others were: fun, light and breezy. It is not a book to be taken seriously, none in the Gossip Girl series is, and it is an easy read that doesn't require much thinking or analyzing. It certainly lived up to my expectations: it was fun.

For the first time, a book in this series
Rachel Shields
Dec 20, 2012 Rachel Shields rated it really liked it
Finally I finished the Gossip Girl book series. Personally, I have to say I prefer the show. The books are not very organized and tend to have the same dull plot each time. There are no twists or surprises, no mystery or scandal. I have to say that out of all of the books, I liked this one the best. Most of the book is organized in three parts, each fast forwarding to New Years at the beginning of the new section. All of the characters are maturing (if you could even call it that), and each year ...more
JungBook
Mar 03, 2016 JungBook rated it really liked it
I didn't find this book was fast paced, or at least as fast paced as the first 4 or 5 books. I agree these books were good in their time but now, like the Twilight series, are irrelevant. Overall: Not horrible, 3.5 stars
Tiny Pants
Dec 07, 2009 Tiny Pants rated it it was amazing
I had low, low, low expectations for this book -- I was worried the ghostwriters would come up with something crazy, that they'd ruin the way the series had originally ended (which I'd found if not satisfying then at least unexpected), or worst, that this was going to become some kind of hideous tie-in with the TV series, which while I enjoy it on its own terms I feel like is sacrilege in terms of the way the characters were developed in the books.

And yet -- surprise -- I LOVED IT. I was worried
Abbie
Apr 25, 2016 Abbie rated it liked it
This one dragged even more for me, as it was longer than the rest. Can't say I was impressed with the ending either.
Bella
May 06, 2016 Bella rated it really liked it
why cecily why? okay to be honest ive bought and read all the books years ago except this one and it had to be you. they were in my library but ive never had the time today i decided to read. after years it was nice to be hearing about my youngly addict drama. but why cecily? why did you have to mix the books with shows? i've loved the others so much but why? i mean it wasn't that bad and actually good but there are some parts that i really hate:
1) the books were always about blair serena and na
Hilarystrindberg
Oct 10, 2012 Hilarystrindberg rated it it was ok
Finally, the end to the almost plot-less, airheaded book series. I only read the books to see how the author portrayed everything and really? It was utter nonsense. The characters were basically all the same: ambitious airheads. Even Blair and Dan, supposedly 'smart' people, were just dumb and annoying. Nate .... he's hot, sure, but he deserved to be ditched by the girls. That was the only realistic thing in the whole ENTIRE SERIES.
You could pull the characters out of the setting and put them i
Molly
I went into this one with fairly low expectations. They were...met, I guess? I certainly wasn't all that disappointed, mostly because not one thing that happened was surprising. I've actually become a fan of the tv show, after reading the books in high school and college. This is ostensibly the last one, so I was curious enough about how it all ends in book-world to pick this one up.

The plot (if one can call it that) is the same that can be found in the other 11 novels in the series: Blair and S
Sarah's Book Nook
Jul 04, 2016 Sarah's Book Nook rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-teen
Finished the whole series in a week. Definitely not a series to binge because it is pretty much the same thing in every book. But pretty much, I read these to get caught up on my goodreads challenge because I was seriously behind. it was a good brain break from the stuff I usually read and now I'm ready to get back to my normal stuff.

Or maybe I will just go on to Pretty Little Liars next.
Alex
Feb 14, 2016 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I love the Gossip Girl books and TV show and i was more than happy that they decided to use Chuck and Blair in this book. I don't see why many people whine about this decision but i personally enjoyed it.

However, what i didn't enjoy was the ending. The 11th book ended leaving many answers unanswered and the point of a sequel is to answer those questions. Still i find myself asking the same questions as i did when i read the 11th book. Being a big Gossip Girl fan, i think that another book (thi
Hazelle Adams
Jan 31, 2016 Hazelle Adams rated it liked it
Alas, not as good as the rest of the series. While I kind of always enjoyed the ongoing love-triangle now it just seemed unnerving.
And literally the whole story was pressed into the last few pages.
I expected so much more! Also, we never get to know who Gossip Girl actually is. Why is that?
Luke
Jun 04, 2016 Luke rated it really liked it
It was a while ago that I read Don't You Forget About Me — four years ago, I believe. I didn't realise I'd suddenly read the Gossip Girl books I hadn't yet. Maybe it was when I watched a couple of episodes of the television show that inspired me to finish the series after all this time. I know it was, but even if it wasn't, it was a long time coming.

I remember the ending of the television show oh-so well — you don't just forget about it — and that was one of the only drawbacks of the show. I don
Amanda
I'd have to say after reading the last of the series in a fairly consecutive order with little other material in between, things flowed nicely, but the repetitiveness and the name dropping did get old REAL quick. I can happily say I'm done with the series, with the exception of the prequel. I'm going to hold off reading it and read other novels for the time being. I need a bit more substance!

With this novel it didn't feel like the author was grabbing at straws as much. This novel felt much close
Ari
IQ "And that's what I feel like college is all about. Figuring out what's important to you in life, the thing you'll follow to the end of the earth. Figuring out what you care about most", Dan pg. 191

So was this book not actually written by Cecily von Ziegesar? Because the cover just says 'created by'....the writing didn't seem as funny nor as satirical as it usually does so that's why I ask but then again its been about 2 years (I think) since I've last read a book in the Gossip Girl series. An
Angelia Fransisca Rusli
This seems to be the last book of Gossip Girl.

This book was divided into four parts, each telling us about a year end holiday -and how they screw things up.

Blair and Serena, couldn't get over Nate -as ever. Nate couldn't choose between them. But they weren't the most interesting character here, because Chuck, Jenny and even Dan and Vanessa were. Vanessa was no longer bald. Dan was depressed, as usual, but as the story goes, it's quite interesting to see how he managed things up and how he mend
Natalie
Sep 06, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: realistic
Okay, so I know I bitched about the last book or two (or three), but I really, really liked this one. The plot didn't get boring at any point, and I kind of loved how it was set over several years, as opposed to a week, as in the other books. It really allowed the characters to develop, for the first time.

Although I feel that the couples in this book were inspired by the TV show, since there's been absolutely no inkling that Blair and Chuck and Serena and Dan will get together in any of the prev
Meg
Jun 23, 2016 Meg rated it liked it
This was a good book with well developed characters. Some you will love some you won't like at all. But, you will definitely root for the main characters!
Elle Esse
Jun 04, 2014 Elle Esse rated it did not like it
My Original Post

Warning: SPOILERS!

Hello Dear Readers! And Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'm at Scruff's this weekend but I thought I would break up the monotony of my weekend with one of the book reviews I promised you in this post. As most of you know, I was a huge fan of the Gossip Girl television series and I had been wanting to read the books. Well, I finally got a hold of them and started reading them at the end of January. I finished up book 11 recently and am finally ready to write out the review.

A
Virginia
Dec 28, 2009 Virginia rated it it was amazing
The ultimate Gossip Girl book, on a completely higher level of execution, poignancy and character development than the previous entries. Some may balk at the lack of closure but it's kind of the whole point and theme of the series. Compared to the abysmal ending of the Luxe series, this is a lesson in how to do it right; it feels like an ending as much as it feels like a beginning and either way it feels right for the characters and our investment in them. Excellent!
Amanda Lawford
Apr 14, 2015 Amanda Lawford rated it did not like it
Erica Power
Feb 17, 2014 Erica Power rated it really liked it
This book was interesting.. Unlike all the others it took place in 4 parts each ending up at the next New Years of that time. ( if that makes sense) This book, now that I think about it has no plot unlike the other ones in the series but it makes sense where it is the final book it can't start anything new. This was probably my least favorite book in the series. It took me about a month to finish this series and the series altogether is an amazing read! I loved the series so much and think its g ...more
Meghan
Jul 20, 2016 Meghan rated it it was ok
Another installment in the Gossip Girl series. The clan of the Upper East Side have made it to college, or well most of them have. This novel starts around Christmastime, and proceeds by jumping year to year to the same time. Every year something dramatic happens, big plans are made, and by the end everyone it seems, have gone their separate ways. This novel was filled with gossip, but didn’t feel as entertaining as past novels. The characters this time around came off as annoying, and a little ...more
Jessica
Dec 17, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
They chose each other.

Just then, the dark sky lit up with fireworks. A cab sailing the street honked in celebration . In the night air, Nate thought he could hear Serena and Blair's laughter, though he knew that was impossible; they were too far away by now.

But as we know, in this city anything is possible.

Flashback to 2008 or 2009: in a surprising move due to the popularity of the then-hit television series, Gossip Girl came back for one final look into our beloved teenagers lives as they exp
Belle
Nov 30, 2009 Belle rated it really liked it
Okay, so I pretty much devoured this book. I think I read it in like 30 minutes flat.
This Gossip Girl book has all the "wow" I expected in Don't You Forget about Me, and more, but I still could not get myself to say "it was amazing" becuase, well, it wasn't.
This book is done in a very different format than the others. It's over the course of all four of their college years (well, for Jenny I guess that's most of her high school year, huh?). I have to say, I really like that arrangement.
Some pret
Poppy Hachette Book Group 237 Park Avenue, New york, NY 10017
Cecily Von Ziegesar
$17.99 Pages.387
ISBN: 9780316043618

When everyone graduated from high school, the journey of life really begins. Then at some point there will be a high school reunion. The author of I Will Always Love You is Cecily Von Ziegesar. Cecily Con Ziegesar wrote other novels. For example, the It Girl series and the Gossip Girl series. I Will Always Love You is the latest novel of the Gossip Girl series.
Diana
Jan 23, 2011 Diana rated it it was ok
Shelves: 11th-advisory
I Will Always Love You
By Cecily von Ziegesar
Poppy Hachette Book Group
Pgs 387 $17.99
ISBN: 9780316043618

High School teenagers have finally graduated from high school and are off to college, but not all of them went to college. Because of a few situations, some went straight into college, as the other dropped out. All their lives has changed and they went their own ways, but now, they are all coming back home for the holidays. Each have their own separate lives, but during this holiday break, i
Lauren
Jan 30, 2010 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-library
Gossip Girl is one of my ultimate guilty pleasures because of the fact that it's scandalous and fast paced fun. I Will Always Love You was no different, of course.

I loved the fact that you got to see all of the original Gossip Girl characters because to me, they'll always be the true ones behind this series no matter what spin-offs come to be. Also I liked how you got see how Blair, Serena, Vanessa, Nate, Dan, and Jenny have changed and grown to be characters that are more responsible and grown
Alex
Feb 17, 2010 Alex rated it really liked it
This is the final installment of the vapid but addicting Gossip Girl series. Or, at least that is what it seems.

I loved these books in the beginning, but around Book 7 or so (whenever they started being penned by ghostwriters) I started to get really bored. I still picked them up from the library, but I didn't care at all. The quality SEVERELY dropped. And then the TV show came out. I will admit I haven't watched it, for the sole reason that the choices for the actors disappointed me greatly. (E
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Vengeance (Private, #14)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)

“Nate stared, slack-jawed as the cab merged with the traffic and became impossible to spot. That was it.
They chose each other.
Just then, the dark sky lit up with fireworks. A cab sailing the street honked in celebration . In the night air , Nate thought he could hear Serena and Blairs' laughter, though he knew that was impossible; they were too far away by now.
But as we know, in this city anything is possible”
12 likes