Start by marking “Adored (It Girl, #8)” as Want to Read:
Adored (It Girl, #8)

Adored (It Girl #8)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  2,708 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews

Brett Messerchmidt is planning Waverly Academy's annual holiday ball and gift exchange. But when some enterprising students decide that playing Secret Satan is infinitely more fun, the entire school starts acting naughty. Now all Brett wants for Christmas is a quiet holiday-and a kiss from a certain someone under the mistletoe. Too bad Callie Vernon has the same idea. Ho
Published 2009 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Adored, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adored

Someone Like You by Sarah DessenThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerSalvaged by Stefne MillerForever by Judy BlumeAlong for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Feet!
83rd out of 437 books — 310 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex
Aug 11, 2009 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeez, these books are so vapid and ridiculous. Needless to say, they are part of my "so addicting I can't stop reading them" collection.
Tiny Pants
This latest entry in the It Girl series indeed merits a mere "it was okay." Though they're back at Waverly, like the book before it (Infamous) Adored suffers from a tedious holiday-related plotline. Callie's annoying, Jenny's uninteresting, Tinsley's bitchy, Brandon's long-suffering (also when did he become such a central character?!), and as usual, it's up to Brett's plot to carry the whole book. Unfortunately, Brett is very much caught up in the boring, Christmas-related plot. Likewise, charac ...more
Lindsay
I would recommend having someone read this book to you. It's much more entertaining that way, especially if s/he uses different voices for each character.

Other than that, an enjoyable boarding school romp. The ghost writer did make one error, saying that Evergreen College is in Oregon. Bad, ghost writer, bad!
Becca D
Mar 21, 2014 Becca D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, because I think that the moral of it is really true and sort of inspirational in a way. Its saying you shouldn't be worried about who likes who because you are so young, and you should enjoy having fun while you're young. I think people in our school are always so frustrated and get so upset over crushes and things, but reality is, you will barely know the people you go to school with now when you are older so you just need to enjoy life and just go with the flow, and I ...more
Kristin
This book was the kind of book that was just for enjoyment and fun. I liked this book so much because it was the typical teenage drama novel with a hint of mystery and a dash of romance. It talks about Jenny, a small city girl who ends up in a big shot boarding school where everyone is pretty much loaded and can swim in their family's money. Where everyone has a trust fund bigger than Jenny's bank account, she constantly has to find ways to prove herself. That is until she befriends Waverly Acad ...more
Karen
Nov 15, 2009 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-2010
Adored
Poppy Hachette Book Group 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Cecily von Ziegesar
$9.99 Pages.224
ISBN-13: 9780316025096

Never knew that after betraying a close friend, they are still want to be your friend. Adored by Cecily von Ziegesar is the eighth book in the It Girl series. Throughout the novel there are a lot of teen dramas going on. There were a lot betrayal among friends, but they still want to be friends again. Cecily von Ziegesar wrote many other books for instance, Gossip Girls seri
Margaryta
Ok, so I was briwsing through the shelves of my local library, and found this book. I had heard about Gossip Girl and the It Girl series, but hadn't read any of the books for either series, and even though they didn't have any books before this one I said 'Screw it! I ust wanna see what older teens and even grownups are dieing about, why is this series so good?'

I'm not sure if I made a good or bad choice, but one thing I found - at 13 (or 12 and 3/4) you shouldn't read this kind of book. No. Eve
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

I have to admit, the IT GIRL series is one of those guilty pleasures that I have. I can't help myself when I know another release is forthcoming. So, I eagerly sat myself down the other night when I had ADORED, the eighth installment in the series, in my hands.

The crew has returned from Thanksgiving break and has to buckle down to get ready for finals. As with all the books in the series, ADORED only covers a couple of weeks in the lives of the gang at Wave
Meera Nair
For starters, it was an okay read. Surely entertaining, but not something I would die to read. This book gives us an inside view of what elite schools are like. I got this book from my school library and was really excited to read it as it was by the same author who has written the best selling Gossip Girl series which is also a Tv show. But I didn’t realize that this is the 8th book in the series. I saw the book and was so excited that I totally forgot to check out anything about the book befor ...more
Kat
Sep 30, 2016 Kat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Things actually got a little spicier. I must admit though I was in a bit of a reading slump. It doesn't take that long to read books like this. Really liked the Secret Satan they had going on. Was extremely pleased when innocent Jenny was thrown off her base. I'm going to stop reading this series now since I don't have the 9th book and just focus on plowing through other series.

Would I read this again? No.

Was it a good read? It was okay. Characters were catty. It was interesting while it lasted.
Angelia Fransisca Rusli
Just like other It Girl novels, Adored is a quick & fun read.

It's almost Christmas and Callie wasn't used to being single until she set her eyes on Sebastian, Brett's tutee. Tinsley & Julian were cute together. It was like, we really got to see the other side of Tinsley, the good one. It was kinda funny having her going gaga. Brett was jealous with Callie and denied it. Poor Jenny thought she's gonna be the it-girl, but who knows?

Anyway, what's interesting about this book is the secret
Ezgi
Jan 01, 2012 Ezgi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Is it just me or are books in Ziegesar series show an extremely downward sloping curve - and exponentially falling, that is. The It Girl series was, at the beginning, the perfect quick read,it kept your mind off things and swept you to the wonderful atmosphere of Waverly. This holds true for the first 3-4 books. But then, something happened. Perhaps a ghost writer came into picture, perhaps she got bored with Jenny, Tinsley and Brett. I don't know what happened, but the books' level is constantl ...more
Ginnie Grant
Jan 16, 2014 Ginnie Grant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me smile. It was nice to see even a little bit of a soft side of Tinsley. Of course, it always makes me mad when Jenny acts all sycophantic and attention starved when in reality, she has a better personality than all the other girls. Of course, all the "secret satan" gifts were hilarious! Heath Ferro strikes again. Poor Brandon!
Troi Dixon
I liked how they pieced every part together and made it a complete story.
Sofia
Jan 03, 2016 Sofia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Always an experience to read about Jenny and the others.
Nancy
Dec 01, 2009 Nancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, ya, fiction
We're up to #8 in this series and still haven't made it to Christmas--starting from September. So, yeah, they cover even less time than the Gossip Girl books do on a book-by-book basis and are somehow even more dependent on descriptions of designer clothes than the GG series. Still, I will read them 'til the end, because, you know, sometimes you need to roll your eyes at your book and want to scream at people, "JUST TALK" and you still can't help but to want to have gone to a private boarding sc ...more
Amber
Jun 12, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is a typical It Girl novel showing what a stereotypical clique does when the members get insecure, try to go out with boyfriends who are only trying to make another girl jealous, and how dirty and scandalous a Christmas party can turn out. This particular book in the series includes some references to the previous book but otherwise has only minor steps forward in relationships. The juicy part deals with who is whose Secret Satan. . Looking for a novel for fun & short but sweet th
Aiyanna Eileen
Oct 21, 2010 Aiyanna Eileen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't even finish this book. I was so sick of the It Girl novels at that point. Book EIGHT and still having the same problems? Seriously? I just couldn't do it. I think Cecily von Ziegesar kept inventing new nonrelevant things to add to the plot that just didn't make sense, as soon as I had to start questioning myself on whether or not I was wasting my time reading Adored, I knew it was time to put it down.
Melissa
Perfect for a rainy, cold Friday night, snuggled under a blanket on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate in one hand. These books aren't well written, but the characters are likeable enough that I keep reading. I think I have a soft spot for little Jenny Humphrey. She was one of my favourite characters in Gossip Girl (especially the TV show), so I enjoy these books as a little break from my usual reading.
Alexandra
You know what bothers me most about these very light, nearly plotless books? That everything always gets magically solved in the end. Like, it doesn't matter how big the problem the characters are facing; somehow there'll always be a magic wand that makes it go away in the end with little to no effort from said character at all. I don't know why I'm still reading these books...
Anna
Jul 06, 2009 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like the other books in the series. The main characters alternate between loving each other and being mad at each other. Everything ties up nicely at the end. This book seemed fairly young for the series and lacked any real twist. However, it definitely serves its purpose for a fast, easy read. (It took me all of an afternoon...)
Katie
Aug 14, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
The books picked back up a little with this one. Secret Satan is a great idea, although it annoyed me a little that everyone did it at the expense of Brett. I'm certainly not enjoying the absence of Easy, it really doesn't sit well with me, although I am enjoying getting my Sebastian quota.
Amber
Dec 16, 2012 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I liked it. It wasn't my favorite book, but I enjoyed it. I like how I'm reading this series like in real time, it's also Christmas here so that's cool. I like the friendship between the 4 girls and I just loove Sebastian & Brett together so I'm curious how this will work out. :)
Emily
Jun 05, 2016 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aprile
Jul 19, 2009 Aprile rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good. Interesting to see how this series has progressed, but this one wasn't as good as the last few. I read it at Chapters, LOL. The characters are changing for the good though, and the newer characters are becoming more developed.
Nicky
Dec 31, 2010 Nicky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This series is dumb now. I mean it was dumb before but it was fun. Now it's not fun. Stopping in the middle of a series of books is more serious than...anything, but here I am thinking of cutting ties with The It Girl. Harsh times.
Allyson (Belle)
Least favorite one in this series. Tinsley just annoyed me to death in this one. She should have just ASKED Julien and saved herself all that trouble of snooping.
Viki
Jan 17, 2011 Viki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these it girl books! (and those of u who dont, y bother reviewing it) Its just soo much romance, drama, and gossip! luv how heath is not over kara ;)
Lianna
Oct 27, 2011 Lianna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just started reading these again. I love reading about Brett, but I do miss her and Jer. Her and Sebastian are cute, but I loved her and Jer.

Kristen
Jul 09, 2009 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say--an absolute fluff read. Fulfills what it's set out to do--provide escapism at 224 easy read pages at a time.
  • Perfect Mistake (Privilege, #3)
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...

It Girl (10 books)
  • The It Girl (It Girl, #1)
  • Notorious (It Girl, #2)
  • Reckless (It Girl, #3)
  • Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
  • Lucky (It Girl, #5)
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Infamous (It Girl, #7)
  • Devious (It Girl, #9)
  • Classic (It Girl, #10)

“oh my god, she couldn't help thinking. I have hairy legs and I'm going to die alone.” 18 likes
“Fuck you,” Tinsley shot back, but it was one of those friendly fuck-yous that you can only say to people you love.” 6 likes