Start by marking “Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)” as Want to Read:
Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)

Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold #6)

Gladdy Gold finds out that she has a competitor wanting to steal Jack langford away from her. She's a gorgeous younger redhead from France.

Not only that, but there is a killer wanting to murder the Frenchwoman, and Jack is the only one who can save her.

Thrills and chills. Don't miss it!
Published June 22nd 2010 by Dell (first published November 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux

Joyce
Apr 15, 2013 Joyce rated it liked it
I'm not used to Glady being someone else other than the detective. And just went the story reached climax at the part when it reveals that The Snake is not dead yet, the story ended abruptly, and unreasonably. But this is still fun to read though, how Rita describes the relationship between Glady and Jack.
edifanob
Jul 21, 2010 edifanob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2010-reads
Gladddy Gold forever!!

Full review in progress ...
Suspense Magazine
Jun 22, 2010 Suspense Magazine rated it really liked it
What fun! Rita Lakin and her eccentric cast of young-at-heart, golden agers is just this side of perfect as their harebrained, unexpected antics make you wish you could move in right next door. Though light on mystery, the heavy hand of humor makes following Gladdy and team in this entertaining cozy an outstanding escapade.

Following a hurricane of disastrous proportions, life at Lanai Gardens has finally settled down. Gladdy Gold and her beau, Jack are headed to the altar and their friends and f
Lynn Demsky
Jan 12, 2016 Lynn Demsky rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, seniors
I didn’t find this one as good as her others – there was too much “Jewish” and “French” phrases with no definitions so often I couldn’t understand whatever was going on – also the little old ladies detectives weren’t really doing any detecting in anything important --- sort of cute though!
Spuddie
Just like most other series mysteries I've been reading lately this one has gotten a bit tired and old as it's gone on, despite really enjoying the first few. It was okay and I do enjoy these characters but I will likely leave plenty of time before I read the next one. Just too predictable.
Ed
Oct 31, 2012 Ed rated it really liked it
#6 in the Gladdy Gold series. Representative of the series about a group of geriatric women in a Florida condo complex. This is a fun to read time killer.

Gladdy Gold series - Gladdy and Jack are finally headed for the altar, when a trip to a book fair brings Jack face-to-face with an old flame. Michelle duBois is a beautiful, bestselling, muckraking French author with whom Jack had a summer romance after the death of his first wife. The subjects of her investigations are not happy with her and h
Susan
Jul 13, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-florida
Glad Gold has just decided to remarry her retired-cop suitor Jack. But that's when an old flame of Jack's reappears. Actually, Michelle is not old (that's part of the problem): She's a young, gorgeous and a best-selling French author of exposes--and her life is being threatened. What's more, she wants Jack to protect her from a nameless, faceless hired killer. As though that weren't enough trouble for Glad's senior citizen detective agency, Bella and Sophie get involved with a guru at the local ...more
Suzanne Jacob
Feb 07, 2016 Suzanne Jacob rated it really liked it
Good but not her best. More time was spent on the love angle and the "old flame" than on the mystery. Nonetheless, Gladdy and the girls were funny at times.
Martina Kopel
Aug 13, 2014 Martina Kopel rated it it was amazing
Great books.
Nicole
Apr 11, 2016 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux! I am a big fan of the Gladdy Gold mysteries and this one is no exception! There's not much mystery, but a lot on the love triangle between Gladdy, Jack and Michelle. Still the mystery part is quite good, but it ended a bit too abruptly for my taste!
Of course Gladdy's sister and friends are also doing their thing, and I loved that we are getting to know more about Ida!
The double wedding was a great idea and finally Gladdy and Jack tie the knot!
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Jul 30, 2010 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
What can I say about "Getting Old Is Tres Dangereaux?" It was superb, magnifique! Oh la la...the French. Of course, I'm heavily prejudiced having married a Frenchman from Lyon area.

The romantic tension included with the mystery which turned into a murder or two and humor...what more can you want in a book? More, that is what I wanted...I did not want the book to end.

And, the ending? Well, you have to find out for yourselves, however, it was highly, highly, satisfying!

Linda Appelbaum
Nov 09, 2013 Linda Appelbaum rated it liked it
I am working my way through the Gladdy Gold series and it is enjoyable to read something light now and then. this book was not a favorite because of all the French expressions which I can do without in a book. Gladdy's fiance is more involved in solving the case than Gladdy and her gals this time but he is working on a case involving an ex lover which puts Gladdy in an uncomfortable position. The nicest part of this book is that she and Jack finally tie the knot!
Nikki
Jun 06, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it
This series has been a sweet surprise for me. I thought it would be a fun one to follow but I wasn't expecting the impressive plot and character development that I'm seeing. Love it!
Shannon
Feb 10, 2011 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Not nearly as good as the others in this series . . . fewer funny moments, more cliches, and Gladdy is barely involved in the mystery
Katie
Jun 28, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy, mystery
This was an enjoyable cozy with quirky characters and an interesting story. Well written.
Courtney Sheets
May 10, 2011 Courtney Sheets rated it liked it
A fun series although it takes time to get used to the tense and the headhopping
Carol
Jan 13, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it
Cute premise. Interesting enough to get me to read others in the series.
Susan
Dec 24, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
FINALLY!! You'll know what I mean when you finish.... Great read!
Charlene
Jul 13, 2013 Charlene rated it liked it
Fun--maybe not as good as some of the others
Kathy
May 22, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
These books are very good.
Anna
Mar 13, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing
I love these books!!!
CaliSeal
CaliSeal marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Doreen
Doreen added it
Sep 07, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Dana Hoover
Dana Hoover rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Sallie Kudamik
Sallie Kudamik rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Jane Roeschlein
Jane Roeschlein marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Death On The Diagonal (Crossword Mysteries, #12)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Death Takes a Honeymoon (Carnegie Kincaid, #4)
  • Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #5)
  • Fed Up (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #4)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Self's Deception (Gerhard Self #2)
  • Antiques Flee Market (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #3)
  • Antiques to Die For (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery, #3)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Harrowing Hats (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #4)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Sherlock Holmes and the King's Evil: And Other New Tales Featuring the World's Greatest Detective (Sherlock Holmes, #4)
  • Pie A la Murder (A Della Cooks Mystery #4)
After being widowed at a young age with three small children, Rita Lakin began an extensive writing career, which has included staff writing on television programs such as Peyton Place, Mod Squad, Dynasty, and Strong Medicine, as well as creating original series such as The Rookies. She has won an Edgar Allen Poe award for her screenwriting, as well as receiving several other award nominations, an ...more
More about Rita Lakin...

Gladdy Gold (7 books)
  • Getting Old Is Murder (Gladdy Gold, #1)
  • Getting Old Is the Best Revenge (Gladdy Gold, #2)
  • Getting Old is Criminal (Gladdy Gold, #3)
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • Getting Old Can Kill You (Gladdy Gold, #7)