Start by marking “The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)” as Want to Read:
The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)

The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  295 ratings  ·  28 reviews
ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND MATRIMONY IN THE SECOND INSTALLMENT OF NICOLA CORNICK'S THE BRIDES OF FORTUNE ...

Courting scandal since girlhood, free-spirited Lady Elizabeth Scarlet vows there is just one way to save her childhood friend from a loveless marriage: to kidnap him! But Nathaniel is furious. So angry that he challenges her to take their assignation to its natural conc
Published July 21st 2009 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Undoing of a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undoing of a Lady

Bronwyn
Kimberly
Harlequin Historical
Book 3 in The Brides of Fortune series

Once again, a winner for Nicola. She is a must buy author of mine for a very good reason.

To save her friend from a loveless marriage, Lady Elizabeth kidnaps Nathaniel. He is not happy to say the least. Things quickly heat up and go beyond what either was expecting. A perfect conclusion to this highly desirable series which is on my keeper shelf to never be given away. I will want to re-read this often.
Sandy M
When we meet up with Lady Elizabeth in her book, she’s getting ready to commit a very serious crime. But it’s in the name of love and friendship, so she doesn’t hesitate. Her friend Nat Waterhouse is making a mistake marrying one of the local heiresses and Lizzie is not about to stand by and do nothing about it. The only thing to do is kidnap the man, hold him hostage until the time of the wedding has come and gone, and then let him go. Nice and simple. Problem solved. Or so she thought.

Nat, of
HÜLYA
Hırçın Sevgilim-Nicola Cornick

Nicola Cornick'in Hırçın Sevgilim The Brides Of Fortune serisinin üçüncü kitabı Goodreads puanı 5/3,57 idi benim puanım 5/4 güzel bir roman idi..Bu yazarı herkes sevmiyor biliyorum ama benim okumaktan zevk aldığım bir yazar yinede..Bu üçüncü kitap ile seri bitmiş bulunuyor fakat iki kitap daha görünüyorsa da onların yan kahramanlara ait olduğunu öğrendim...

Bu macerada Dam vergisini işleme koyan Fortune's Folly'nin ileri gelenlerinden Sir Monty ve Tom kız kardeşi Eli
Marlene
Both the Heroine Lizzie and the Heroine Nat, Duke of Waterhouse were unlikeable. Lizzie was so silly I did not care what happened to her, and Nat was aloof and distant except when he wasn't in bed with his wife. The story of Lydia and Tom was left unfinished, as she had the baby at the end and there was no communicaton.....Was glad to see that Dexter and Laura had their son. Also wished the story of Flora Minchin and Alice Lister's brother was better developed. It was an effort to finish this bo ...more
Minna
If you want to read my review of this book, check out Bronwyn's one-star review- it's exactly what I would have written, to the extent that it would be repetitious to write it again. The only reason I gave this book a second star was that I did enjoy the high-school style revenge episodes that popped up now and then... Catfight!!! All joking aside, skip this one, it was BAD. Sorry, Ms. Cornick, maybe another time.
Patty
I may be doing Cornick a disservice. The first romance I read by her, I was on a romance jag - it may have been too much of a good thing. I didn't find it compelling. This time I picked up the last book in a trilogy.

Whatever the reasons, Cornick has not made the top of romance list. I won't rush to find another book by her.
Shannon Dunn
Pretty terrible, even for this genre.
Christine
Another fun story in this trilogy featuring the spirited Lady Elizabeth "Lizzie" Scarlet and her long time friend, Nathaniel, the Earl Waterson. Lizzie convinces him to meet her in the folly on her family's property the night before his wedding to one of Fortune Folly's heiresses and locks him in with her to keep him from the alter and from what she thinks is the biggest mistake of his life. Nat is furious with her and calls her immature and selfish, claiming she did this only because she is jea ...more
Amanda Ryan
When I attempted to explain this book to friends of mine I warned them that this book comes out swinging from the first few pages. It’s HAWT. This is one of those romance books where the couple ends up marrying within the first few chapters, and the rest of the book is the story of them actually getting to know each other and eventually fall in love. The kicker with The Undoing of a Lady is that Lizzie and Nat have known each other for most of their lives. Except when Lizzie forces Nat to cross ...more
Kikkasole
Sarebbe bello vedere questa storia trasportata sullo schermo (raiuno o canale5 poco mi frega). Immagino che la parte della protagonista andrebbe alla Dellera, il personaggio maschile lo darei a Luca Argentero. Scherzi a parte si tratta di una storia comunque carina, capace di catturarmi un pò per il 'viaggio emotivo' e la tontonaggine dei protagonisti, al quale è difficile alla fine non concedere un minimo di benevolenza.
Infine una storia che impegna piacevolmente qualche ora e che comunque non
Béria
Well, I've read Nicola Cornick books mostly because is a "easy reading" between the technical stuff I need to read in other areas. This one, however, was a pain in the ass to read. I didn't give up the book only because my "leave no book half-read" policy ;)

The history is sooooo confusing and the linking between the several scenarios and storylines is horrible. There are several gaps in the the script like none of her other books and this leading lady is so obtuse that is difficult to relate to
Kirsti
I did like the two of this series I own, so much so I picked up another of her books at my local library to continue my education *grin* I love that these have more than just the eventual lovemaking, and the characters are all connected. Not that there is anything wrong with the *ahem* love scenes.

Who knew I would enjoy so many historical romances in such a short space of time/ I used to disparage anyone who read any kind of full force romance, but I've found a niche I like.
Carla Faleiro
Um romance de época da Harlequin.
Uma estória engraçada e cheia de peripécias em que a personagem principal, Lizzie, é uma jovem que adora meter-se em sarilhos.

Este livro peca pela falta de atenção na revisão... Muitas gafes em termos verbais e singular/ plural. Já começa a ser frequente nestes livros e diga-se, honestamente, polo preço que pedem por eles actualmente, deveriam de ser mais cuidadosos!
ѕєяєηιтι
Serinin 3. kitabınıda beğendim. Yazarın tarzını seviyorum. Bu seri konu olarak aslında sevdiğim bir konuyu işlemiyor. Şu servet için evlilik arayışında erkekler beni itiyor normalde ama burada konsept bu olduğundan ilk kitapta biraz yadırgamış olsamda diğer kitaplarda sıkıntı çekmedim

4. kitapta bir an önce çıkar inşallah
Vivianne
Amy
Pınar
İlk kitabı aynı kadının yazdığına inanamıyorum :(

Yorumum (sövgülerim) için
Elidanora
Un romance que me parecio bien escrito, aunque un tanto dificil de creer, no tanto por los personajes, sino por la historia que supuestamente se basa en la regencia.
Cristina Contilli
"Ora basta fughe" disse Nat. "Non voglio perderti mai più." "E perché mai dovrei fuggire? Il mio cuore è qui, è tuo. Ora e per sempre."
Janet
Good ending to the Fortune Trilogy -- can't say I liked Lizzie -- or Nat -- as H/H as much as the earlier H/Hs -- but liked it.
Ree
Quite an interesting historical romance novel. Enjoyed it! Makes me want to read the others like this one by the author.
Gizella Tóth
Disgusting! (Even the title deceives the reader, there is NO LADY in this book.)
Min Li Li
Seri olan bir kitabın en sonuncusunu okumuşum galiba. :D
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
İlk iki kitaptan daha iyiydi sanki.
  • A Reputable Rake
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • The Lawman's Bride
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Maiden's Hand (Tudor Rose #2)
  • The Bride Raffle
  • His Cavalry Lady (Harlequin Historical, #936)
  • The Untamed Heiress
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • In the Master's Bed
  • His Christmas Pleasure (Scandals and Seductions, #4)
  • The Maid of Lorne (Harlequin Historical, #786)
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Refining Felicity (The School for Manners, #1)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons\ Christmas Promise\ A Little Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series)
  • Masquerading Mistress
USA Today bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes witty and passionate Regency historicals for HQN Books and MIRA. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Romantic Times h
More about Nicola Cornick...

The Brides of Fortune (5 books)
  • The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)
  • The Scandals of an Innocent (The Brides of Fortune, #2)
  • The Secrets of a Courtesan (The Brides of Fortune #4)
  • Unmasked (The Brides of Fortune #5)
Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1) One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2) Mistress by Midnight (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #3) Desired (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #5) The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)