Start by marking “The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)” as Want to Read:
The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)

The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Courting scandal since girlhood, free-spirited Lady Elizabeth Scarlet vows there is just one way to save her childhood friend from a loveless marriage: to kidnap him! But Nathaniel is furious. So angry that he challenges her to take their assignation to its natural conclusion and seduce him.

When her inexperienced attempt flares into intense passion, Lizzie is ruined ... an
Published July 21st 2009 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Undoing of a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undoing of a Lady

Bronwyn
Jul 04, 2011 Bronwyn rated it did not like it
Kimberly
Feb 23, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Harlequin Historical
Book 3 in The Brides of Fortune series

Once again, a winner for Nicola. She is a must buy author of mine for a very good reason.

To save her friend from a loveless marriage, Lady Elizabeth kidnaps Nathaniel. He is not happy to say the least. Things quickly heat up and go beyond what either was expecting. A perfect conclusion to this highly desirable series which is on my keeper shelf to never be given away. I will want to re-read this often.
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
When we meet up with Lady Elizabeth in her book, she’s getting ready to commit a very serious crime. But it’s in the name of love and friendship, so she doesn’t hesitate. Her friend Nat Waterhouse is making a mistake marrying one of the local heiresses and Lizzie is not about to stand by and do nothing about it. The only thing to do is kidnap the man, hold him hostage until the time of the wedding has come and gone, and then let him go. Nice and simple. Problem solved. Or so she thought.

Nat, of
HÜLYA
Feb 18, 2013 HÜLYA rated it really liked it
Hırçın Sevgilim-Nicola Cornick

Nicola Cornick'in Hırçın Sevgilim The Brides Of Fortune serisinin üçüncü kitabı Goodreads puanı 5/3,57 idi benim puanım 5/4 güzel bir roman idi..Bu yazarı herkes sevmiyor biliyorum ama benim okumaktan zevk aldığım bir yazar yinede..Bu üçüncü kitap ile seri bitmiş bulunuyor fakat iki kitap daha görünüyorsa da onların yan kahramanlara ait olduğunu öğrendim...

Bu macerada Dam vergisini işleme koyan Fortune's Folly'nin ileri gelenlerinden Sir Monty ve Tom kız kardeşi Eli
Marlene
Nov 14, 2012 Marlene rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned-books
Both the Heroine Lizzie and the Heroine Nat, Duke of Waterhouse were unlikeable. Lizzie was so silly I did not care what happened to her, and Nat was aloof and distant except when he wasn't in bed with his wife. The story of Lydia and Tom was left unfinished, as she had the baby at the end and there was no communicaton.....Was glad to see that Dexter and Laura had their son. Also wished the story of Flora Minchin and Alice Lister's brother was better developed. It was an effort to finish this bo ...more
Minna
Oct 05, 2011 Minna rated it it was ok
If you want to read my review of this book, check out Bronwyn's one-star review- it's exactly what I would have written, to the extent that it would be repetitious to write it again. The only reason I gave this book a second star was that I did enjoy the high-school style revenge episodes that popped up now and then... Catfight!!! All joking aside, skip this one, it was BAD. Sorry, Ms. Cornick, maybe another time.
Patty
I may be doing Cornick a disservice. The first romance I read by her, I was on a romance jag - it may have been too much of a good thing. I didn't find it compelling. This time I picked up the last book in a trilogy.

Whatever the reasons, Cornick has not made the top of romance list. I won't rush to find another book by her.
Lisa
Jan 06, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I jumped into this book without reading any of the previous books in the series and really shouldn't have. The main couple's relationship was frustratingly rushed, and the progression of each from strong attraction to realizing they were in love didn't have much emotional impact for me. The secondary characters kind of blended together (so many couples!) and the resolution of the main mystery (which came out of nowhere! I thought this was a standard can't-deny-our-urges book when all of a sudden ...more
Nur D.
Aug 30, 2015 Nur D. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Serinin son kitabıymış ama diğer kitaplarını okumaya hiç niyetim yok. Kitabın her sayfasında "Daha ne kadar kötüleşebilir ki?" diyerek okudum. Konusu ve belki ilk birkaç sayfasına bakıldığında bir şey çıkacak sanırsınız ama yok. Ne duygu ne mantık hiçbir şey yok. Saçma sapan bir kitaptı.

Hele kızın kocasına sinirlenip beyefendiler kulübüne at sırtında çırılçıplak girdiği ve balkondan atlayış yaptığı bir kısım var ki oraya kadar kendinizi sıkabiliyorsunuz ama oradan itibaren YOK ARTIK! Tiksinçti
Shannon Dunn
Pretty terrible, even for this genre.
Christine
Another fun story in this trilogy featuring the spirited Lady Elizabeth "Lizzie" Scarlet and her long time friend, Nathaniel, the Earl Waterson. Lizzie convinces him to meet her in the folly on her family's property the night before his wedding to one of Fortune Folly's heiresses and locks him in with her to keep him from the alter and from what she thinks is the biggest mistake of his life. Nat is furious with her and calls her immature and selfish, claiming she did this only because she is jea ...more
Amanda Ryan
Jun 14, 2011 Amanda Ryan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I attempted to explain this book to friends of mine I warned them that this book comes out swinging from the first few pages. It’s HAWT. This is one of those romance books where the couple ends up marrying within the first few chapters, and the rest of the book is the story of them actually getting to know each other and eventually fall in love. The kicker with The Undoing of a Lady is that Lizzie and Nat have known each other for most of their lives. Except when Lizzie forces Nat to cross ...more
Jean Smith
May 07, 2016 Jean Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an adult scandalous romance. I could not put it down from start to finish. There were quiet a few surprises, but. Yet again the characters re aimed true to character. It helped to of read the predecessor book in the series. Plus the end although set up for the next book was not such a strong cliff hanger so made the book feel satisfactorily complete.
Feb 09, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book has a scene that I have never, ever, read before in a romance novel, and one that endears the heroine to the reader most definitely. I adore Lady Elizabeth and her crazy hijinx.
Danielles
Mar 30, 2016 Danielles rated it really liked it
Ja, weer helemaal te gek gewoon! Een hele goeie serie,..
al vond ik het vorige deel gewoon meer mijn smaak qua types!
Helene Harrison
Review - Probably my least favourite of the trilogy. I much preferred Scandals of an Innocent. However, I really liked Elizabeth as a character, and how she grew up through her marriage, and her dissection of her mother's actions. I do wish more had been seen of Nat's family. There was one mention of a very ill father, but nothing further.

Genre - Historical / Romance

Characters - Elizabeth Scarlet / Nathaniel Waterhouse / Laura Anstruther / Miles Vickery / Dexter Anstruther/ Tom Fortune

Setting -
June Jones
Apr 30, 2015 June Jones rated it really liked it
Intersting, I enejoy Nicola Cornicks books, for the love passion, and action
Jimmiette
Loved the additional smaller love story in the background.
Kikkasole
Oct 01, 2012 Kikkasole rated it liked it
Sarebbe bello vedere questa storia trasportata sullo schermo (raiuno o canale5 poco mi frega). Immagino che la parte della protagonista andrebbe alla Dellera, il personaggio maschile lo darei a Luca Argentero. Scherzi a parte si tratta di una storia comunque carina, capace di catturarmi un pò per il 'viaggio emotivo' e la tontonaggine dei protagonisti, al quale è difficile alla fine non concedere un minimo di benevolenza.
Infine una storia che impegna piacevolmente qualche ora e che comunque non
Béria
Jul 05, 2012 Béria rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Well, I've read Nicola Cornick books mostly because is a "easy reading" between the technical stuff I need to read in other areas. This one, however, was a pain in the ass to read. I didn't give up the book only because my "leave no book half-read" policy ;)

The history is sooooo confusing and the linking between the several scenarios and storylines is horrible. There are several gaps in the the script like none of her other books and this leading lady is so obtuse that is difficult to relate to
Kirsti
Aug 06, 2012 Kirsti rated it really liked it
I did like the two of this series I own, so much so I picked up another of her books at my local library to continue my education *grin* I love that these have more than just the eventual lovemaking, and the characters are all connected. Not that there is anything wrong with the *ahem* love scenes.

Who knew I would enjoy so many historical romances in such a short space of time/ I used to disparage anyone who read any kind of full force romance, but I've found a niche I like.
Syl Oomen de lange
Nov 11, 2015 Syl Oomen de lange rated it liked it
Lekker luchtige lectuur voor het slapen gaan.....
Carla Faleiro
Oct 04, 2015 Carla Faleiro rated it liked it
Shelves: os-despachados, papel
Um romance de época da Harlequin.
Uma estória engraçada e cheia de peripécias em que a personagem principal, Lizzie, é uma jovem que adora meter-se em sarilhos.

Este livro peca pela falta de atenção na revisão... Muitas gafes em termos verbais e singular/ plural. Já começa a ser frequente nestes livros e diga-se, honestamente, polo preço que pedem por eles actualmente, deveriam de ser mais cuidadosos!
ѕєяєηιтι
Jun 13, 2013 ѕєяєηιтι rated it really liked it
Serinin 3. kitabınıda beğendim. Yazarın tarzını seviyorum. Bu seri konu olarak aslında sevdiğim bir konuyu işlemiyor. Şu servet için evlilik arayışında erkekler beni itiyor normalde ama burada konsept bu olduğundan ilk kitapta biraz yadırgamış olsamda diğer kitaplarda sıkıntı çekmedim

4. kitapta bir an önce çıkar inşallah
bombocaa
Jul 05, 2014 bombocaa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, leituras-2014, hl
Amy
Dec 22, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Elidanora
Un romance que me parecio bien escrito, aunque un tanto dificil de creer, no tanto por los personajes, sino por la historia que supuestamente se basa en la regencia.
Cristina Contilli
"Ora basta fughe" disse Nat. "Non voglio perderti mai più." "E perché mai dovrei fuggire? Il mio cuore è qui, è tuo. Ora e per sempre."
Janet
Aug 15, 2009 Janet rated it liked it
Good ending to the Fortune Trilogy -- can't say I liked Lizzie -- or Nat -- as H/H as much as the earlier H/Hs -- but liked it.
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • Beguiled (Regency Trilogy, #3)
  • Her Warrior King
  • A Reputable Rake
  • The Conqueror's Lady  (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • The Notorious Mr Hurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #5)
  • Total Surrender
  • In the Master's Bed
  • The Christmas Countess
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Suddenly
  • Dark Angel / Lord Carew's Bride (Stapleton-Downes, #3-4)
  • The Lawman's Bride
  • The Duke's Desire (Harlequin Historical, #528)
  • High Plains Wife (Bluebonnet Bride, #3)
  • His Cavalry Lady
  • Bought for Revenge, Bedded for Pleasure
International bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes romantic historical mysteries and witty and passionate Regency romance. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Nicol
More about Nicola Cornick...

The Brides of Fortune (3 books)
  • The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)
  • The Scandals of an Innocent (The Brides of Fortune, #2)