Start by marking “The Earl's Prize (Tallants, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Earl's Prize (Tallants, #1)

The Earl's Prize (Tallants #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When Miss Amy finds herself the recipient of a windfall her whole life changes! She is utterly intrigued by Joss, a notorious gambler, and is finding his attentions all but impossible to resist...!
Hardcover, Large Print, 352 pages
Published April 1st 2003 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Earl's Prize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl's Prize

Isabella Kai
The Earl’s Prize is about Miss Amy Bainbridge, a well-bred lady who’s forced to live on reduced circumstances, and Joss Tallant, the man who represents everything she detests in a gentleman and at the same time intrigues every curious cell on her body.

“Love is for fools and it will only make you unhappy…” These are the words that Joscelyne, Earl of Tallant, lived by. He’s a jaded person, or he appears to be. Who can blame him when both his parents gave him the same advice, if you can actually ca
Linda
My first exposure to this author was in a Christmas anthology and the characters featured seemed to have a common past leading me to wonder if they starred in earlier books. Here's the first one about the Tallant family.

Some seriously dysfunctional parents emotionally cripple their children: Joss and Julianna. As adults they dally and defy society but inside they're miserable. Joss comes across Amy and her family through Amy's brother, Richard who is an inveterate gambler like his father leaving
Jolene
I found myself torn about the book. I liked the result and most of the chase to get there but the disgusting character of his sister I found really appalling. I wanted to feel she was redeemed at the end. I also disliked how her supposed friend Lady Spry told her secrets and then was going ratio use her at the end. I understand going to her for help, but not thinking someone ass impoverished as her could part with that huge sum of money. I did want Spry and Fleet to have their own happy ending. ...more
Michelle
I hadn't read any romance in quite some time before I picked up this book. I was so glad I did! Such a fun plot...a woman of little means finds a winning lottery ticket and all the hi jinx that go along with it.
Fun read, and I really could picture the characters and the settings.
Great way to spend a flight or rainy afternoon.
Caitlin Richards
I loved this book! It was very romantic and kept me up late at night to find out what was going to happen next!
LemontreeLime
Cute regency, some nice touches of historical placement - like the description of the lottery.
Emma Shortt
How much do I love this book!!! It is, without doubt, one of my favorite ever regency historicals.
Jasey
Maria
Mar 10, 2013 Maria marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Se
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 07, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2015
Alison Mccann
Alison Mccann marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Linda
Linda added it
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Choko
Choko marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Xahne
Xahne added it
Oct 30, 2014
Dianna Lester
Dianna Lester marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • Scandalizing The Ton
  • Her Montana Man
  • Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Puritan Bride
  • The Wicked Earl  (Harlequin Historical Series, #843)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • The Conqueror's Lady (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • The Bride Raffle
USA Today bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes witty and passionate Regency historicals for HQN Books and MIRA. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Romantic Times h
More about Nicola Cornick...

Tallants (3 books)
  • The Chaperone Bride (Tallants, #2)
  • Wayward Widow (Tallants, #3)
Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1) One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2) Mistress by Midnight (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #3) Desired (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #5) The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)