Start by marking “Ghost of the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #7)” as Want to Read:
Ghost of the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #7)

Ghost of the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World #7)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  482 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Jack Chalker's Well World epic occupies an honored place among the classics of science fiction. Now this boldly imagined, intricately plotted new novel takes us deeper into the Well World than ever before . . .

On the mysterious Well World, the evil tyrant Josich and his dark agents search desperately for the eight scattered pieces of the fabled Straight Gate. Whoever posse
Published (first published April 4th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost of the Well of Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost of the Well of Souls

Jason
Mar 13, 2015 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Enjoyable easy read. I made the mistake of reading this before "The Sea Is Full Of Stars", but the story wasn't that difficult to pick up. My only complain would be that the ending was a little too pat and unsatisfying.
Ian
Feb 27, 2009 Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of the well of souls books explores the strong social problems of our own world in a tale of science fiction. Social injustice, prejudice, close-mindedness - all are some of the common problems that plauge the inhabitants of the strange worlds and cause their problems and lead to the wars between species. Its just like our own world, except instead of different species we have different races or nationalites. Chaulker, like Clarke, explores terrestrial human issues thru extrterrestrial world ...more
Tammy
Jun 13, 2016 Tammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I did not like this book at all. It was a slog getting through it. I wish Chalker had just left the Well World alone and not diminished it with this book.
James Hein
Oct 20, 2013 James Hein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in a series of two books and concludes another Jack Chalker story. I am in two minds with this one the basic story outline is similar to two of the previous stories but without Nathan Brazil or Marva Chang. The build up was good but the ending was quieter than I expected. Still it was an interesting read.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After 8 excellent volumes, and one pretty good one, this one just wasn't the conclusion I was looking for. I enjoyed it, but the last two were weak relative to the whole.
Jim Razinha
A fitting end to the Well World stories. Slow at first and then accelerating to a frantic end with multiple loose ends being tied up in rather short order.
Allison
Matthew Bates II
Matthew Bates II rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Olakunle
Olakunle rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Kęstutis
Kęstutis marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Wayne Ewart
Wayne Ewart rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Lisa Nelson
Lisa Nelson marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Haselrig
Haselrig rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Vincent Van Over
Vincent Van Over rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Dwight Liebold
Dwight Liebold rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Lirio Dendron
Lirio Dendron rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Shany Roze
Shany Roze is currently reading it
Jun 10, 2016
Edward
Edward added it
Jun 06, 2016
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Ciya Oleary
Ciya Oleary marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Landry Walker
Landry Walker rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Shar
Shar rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Ross
Ross added it
May 04, 2016
Patrick Cain
Patrick Cain rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
  • Rx for Chaos
  • Pointblank (Starfist: Force Recon, #2)
  • Shattered Light (Star Trek: Myriad Universes, #3)
  • One Good Soldier
  • Rihannsu: The Bloodwing Voyages
  • The 34th Rule
  • Night of the Wolves (Star Trek: Terok Nor, #2)
  • Day of the Vipers (Star Trek Terok Nor Book 1)
Besides being a science fiction author, Jack Laurence Chalker was a Baltimore City Schools history teacher in Maryland for a time, a member of the Washington Science Fiction Association, and was involved in the founding of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. Some of his books said that he was born in Norfolk, Virginia although he later claimed that was a mistake.

He attended all but one of the W
More about Jack L. Chalker...

Saga of the Well World (7 books)
  • Midnight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #1)
  • Exiles at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #2)
  • Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3)
  • The Return of Nathan Brazil (Saga of the Well World, #4)
  • Twilight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #5)
  • The Sea is Full of Stars (Saga of the Well World, #6)