A Tall Dark Cowboy

A Tall Dark Cowboy

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,329 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Just looking for a good time:
Waiting tables in a bar full of no-good cowboys isn't Lacy Mason's idea of fun. But between her daughter's illness, endless doctor bills, and her college tuition, she needs the money. What she could really use is a night of no-holds-barred passion and no-strings-attached sex. Too bad she has sworn off cowboys for life!
A guy walks into a bar:
F...more
Trade Paperback, 226 pages
Published by Ellora's Cave (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Tall Dark Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tall Dark Cowboy

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
15th out of 1,150 books — 1,625 voters
Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLord of the Deep by Dawn ThompsonLover Mine by J.R. Ward
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
7th out of 886 books — 1,145 voters

More lists with this book...

Tammy
You know when you go to a Mexican restaurant and the waiter brings out one of those sizzling hot platters and warns you NOT to touch it? And then you can't help reaching out and touching it? So you basically end up looking like an idiot with a burnt finger and an excited smile on your face. (Or maybe that's just me?)

This book has that kind of sizzle to it. Not much plot. Not enough dialogue. But lots of hotness and plenty of nookie if that's your thing.

WARNING: FLAMMABLE!
Kathrynn
Nov 27, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Found this to be very entertaining. The beginning "things" start FAST and I thought this was going to all about the number of sexual acts that could be performed between 226 pages. Thankfully, that was not the case. There was a nice story that unraveled as the author wove her tale. Nicely written, erotic, with the pour-single-mother-struggling-to take-care-of-sick-4-year-old-girl-in-need-of-a-heart-transplant-put-herself-through-college-(Engineering)-while-waiting-tables-at-a-rowdy-cowboy-bar. (...more
Shawna
4 ½ stars - Contemporary/Western Romance/Erotica

This is a quick, sweet, romantic read about a sexy, tenderhearted cowboy/engineering executive who falls head-over-boots in love with a selfless, struggling single-mom working as a waitress in a rowdy cowboy bar to put herself through engineering school while taking care of her sick 4-year-old daughter. You can’t go wrong with a hunky cowboy, a respectable heroine, some steamy hot romance, and a touching love story. Overall, it’s a moving, lightly...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Ride 'em, Cowboy! Not a bad story but not quite a 5 for me. I did feel that the author managed to infuse a chemistry that is often lacking in erotica. However, certain aspects of the story didn't ring completely true for me.
Daisiemae
Feb 26, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like a Strong Hero and herione
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Colleen...THANKS GIRL! It will be back on it's way to ya:)
Lacey Mason has the whole world on her shoulders. Between her job, her sick child and a pain in the ass ex-husband, she is not looking for a man in her life...especially a cowboy.
Wyatt Anderson an ex-cowboy and full time executive, is mesmorized from the moment he spots Lacey working at the bar. Instantly drawn to her, he is overwhelmed with the need to protect her and to make himself someone she can rely on in her chaotic life.
This is a really good book. Both Lacey and Wyatt are very well likea...more
Vittoria
1.5 stars but the cover is quite hot, so what the hell! Let's make it 2 stars.

Am I the only one who found this book utterly ridiculous??? Probably. It's the first one I read from this author and it didn't impress me at all. Actually the first third of the book wasn't too bad, but after that things went south pretty fast. There are so many wrong things in this story, I don't know where to start.

So, this two people meet in a bar, they want each other, they have a night of mind-blowing sex. That's...more
Ni_kii
Part time waitress Lacy is working all the hours she can to pay for her very ill daughters medical bills. Her ex-husband doesn’t support them so her wages are split between paying the rent on her hovel of an apartment, paying for full time care for her little girl and paying the tuition fees for her engineering degree. In a nutshell, Lacy’s life sucks. One night, into the bar walks Wyatt, the tall dark cowboy described in the title. He decides he wants one night with Lacy and he manages to wangl...more
Patricia

Full-time executive and retired cowboy Wyatt Anderson is drawn to Lacy from the moment he sees her. But she's an enigma. Daring and assured one moment and hesitant the next, it's as if something haunts her. Only willing to g...more
Isis FG
Sep 14, 2010 Isis FG rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Isis FG by: many of my GR friends
Most of what I'd heard about this book was about the super stud-muffin beefcake on the front cover so I didn't really know what to expect from the book itself. But it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable read.

Series Note:
No series, as far as I know.

Summary:
Lacy Mason works at a local bar, trying to earn enough money to pay her ailing daughter's hospital bills and to put herself through college. She's learned the hard way to stay away from cowboys, but when Wyatt Anderson wanders in one night with...more
Splage
This is a reread for me. It is hot, hot sexy cowboy story and starts very quickly. Similar to a Lorelei James Rough Rider story. Highly recommend if you like her alpha male, erotica style. I love it!
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Wow, what a great story with a hero and heroine who are both wonderful. I have never read any books by this author but I will now. This story really pulled at my heartstrings.
Karyn
3.5 Stars

This isn't really a proper review. Just a summary of all the funny parts..This is my first Mackenzie McKade book, and the only reason i picked the e-book up last night was because it was only 139 pages.
This book doesn't really fall into erotica for me, although there is quite a bit of mattress tango in here, its written pretty well. There's a pretty good story actually. So for all of you who want to know more..presenting the parts that made this book ...umm..memorable?

This one while in...more
Obsessed with book smex
This was a very steamy story that I had a hard time putting down!

I do have a few comments, though.
1. Lacy is too perfect. She's beautiful, smart, hard-working, dedicated, and every man wants her. Her whole life is centered around her sick child, eschewing anything that would bring her pleasure. Well, everything except for Wyatt. And that was just a moment of weakness.

I wonder if it smells like perfume when she toots.

2. Wyatt is also perfect. A tall, sexy alpha male who is a VP of an IT-related b...more
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)

Unfortunately, I didn't think there was much substance to this story. Wyatt and Lacy had zero chemistry and I thought things progressed very quickly. Wyatt was a bit too cave-man for me by making decisions regarding Lacy's career without discussing it with her. I also found the sex scenes to be pretty boring and I ended up skimming them.
Nikki ♥
Although I'm not a fan of couples falling in love quite so fast in a contemporary romance, it was well worth the read.
How can you go wrong with a hunky cowboy, hot sex, and very likeable characters.
Christel
Mar 28, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any romantica reader
Recommended to Christel by: The Purvettes
Shelves: maureen-mckade
I enjoyed this one alot. Sex is steamy though!!! Whew! Needed and Ice berg to sit on.
Sofia Grey
Lacy works in a rowdy bar, driving the bucking bronco machine for drunken cowboys in between waiting tables and serving drinks. She catches the eye of Wyatt, drinking in there with his buddy, Chance.

Earlier, he’d noticed she had refused the attentions of a young cowboy, making it perfectly clear she wasn’t available or interested. But now she caressed each man with a smile that made Wyatt reach down and adjust himself as he hardened.
Was she a cock-tease? Did she simply get off leading a man arou
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Wow...this was one spicy~hot emotional read!!! Loved it!! I say that the story was emotional because of Jessie's illness and the intense emotions between Lacey and Wyatt that seemed to leap off the pages. So good!! I was immediately drawn into the story and didn't want it to end. I had so much fun reading this story and rooting for Lacey, Wyatt and Jessie to all get their HEA.

I loved Lacey~she was such a strong character. Between caring for her daughter, dealing with her ass~hat of an ex-husband...more
ൠSinful
Whoo Hoo. Five big Yee Haws, ya'll!

If the title doesn't get ya, the story will. Talk about yummy characters! Absolutely delicioso. This story is built on strong characters, some seriously dangerous chemistry, and a lack of communication (because they are too busy pawing each other).

Bar maid Lacy is used to fending off all the advances of her customers, but for the first time she is unable to say no when tall, dark and hubba-hubba Wyatt makes his move. The last thing she should be doing is a cow...more
Rhapsody
Lacy is a single mother with a daughter who needs a heart transplant. She's finishing her bachelor's in electrical engineering and paying bills in the meantime by working as a waitress. She meets Wyatt, a cowboy but also a very successful businessman, at the bar one night and they're so attracted to each other that he ends up going home with her. Despite her busy life and stress, they start a relationship.

This one had a lot of themes that I just don't like, for instance Lacy getting wet every ti...more
Shaundra
May 04, 2014 Shaundra added it
Shelves: my-ebooks
ooh! Loved it!
~ Stephanie Lynn ~
This is definitely a hot book. Not for the timid and certainly not for the faint at heart. Expect explicitely hot sex, great characters and storyline and you won't be disappointed!!! The main focus is on why Lacy holds back her feelings and emotions after having a one-night stand with Wyatt and not wanting to get involved with another cowboy. Yes the story's speed is fast, and the sex scenes aren't all long in length, but there is plenty of sexual tension and sexual moments varying in length thr...more
Delta
2.5 stars for stranger sex resulting in "insta-love"; a maudlin, predictable plot; clichés; tropes; and shallow character development.

The best thing about A Tall Dark Cowboy is the hot cover photo.
Mitzi
Pretty good book. Lacy Mason is waiting tables and trying to pay her college tuition and her daughter's doctor bills. She would love a one-night stand with no strings attached. She meets Wyatt Anderson but he wants more than a one nighter.
Jana
I enjoyed this story. Had some emotional moments that tugged on motherly heart strings. After reading other reviews I wasn't certain if I would enjoy the book, but was pleasantly surprised.
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good story. I liked Lacy and Wyatt and I liked their story. I kind of liked that the story takes place in Phoenix are because I live in the area and recognized the points of references in the book. Be warned, this is an insta-love story. :)

Lacy used to be a barrel racer in the rodeo and fell in love with and married a rodeo cowboy. The only problem is he wasn't much of a husband or father and they didn't last very long. Now Lacy is the single mother of a 4 year old daughter...more
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
I'm all for one night stands that turn into romance and love, but this one was a little far fetched for me. The premise was great. No problems meeting is a bar, or Wyatt making sure that Lacy follows through with the night. Wyatt's character of being both a cowboy who rides in the occasional rodeo as well as a business executive was inspired and had so much potential. Lacy is a waitress in a bar while supporting her daughter and getting her college degree as a single mom without the fin...more
Heather in FL
I enjoyed this one. Another group read. I can't say it's the smexiest book I've ever read, but I might be in a smexy read slump... that seems to happen to me. Books others thing are ultra squishy I just think are meh. So I'm going with that on this one. Besides the smexing, though, I liked the story. I liked that Wyatt was so taken with Lacy from the start. I liked that he was so concerned about her when the hospital called about her daughter that he completely forgot about his plans and took he...more
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Rescue Me
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Half Hearts
  • UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
  • Unbridled
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Down In Texas
  • Texas Tangle (Tangled #1)
  • Wildcat (Wild, #2)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
Born and raised in Arizona, I guess you'd call me a desert rat. Well, actually, I'd be a desert rat that loves the mountains and lakes. Arizona gives me great pleasure, because if I'm not at the computer writing or buried nose deep in a book you'll find me on a four-wheeler, or a jet ski, or being pulled behind my 26’ Monterey boat on an oblong tube called a ‘hot dog’ laughing my ass off. In fact,...more
More about Mackenzie McKade...
Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2) Bound for the Holidays (Ties That Bind, #1) Take Me (Wild Oats, #1) Lisa's Gift Irresistible