Start by marking “The Fencepost Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Fencepost Chronicles

The Fencepost Chronicles

In The Fencepost Chronicles, Kinsella recounts 13 more wonderful stories featuring the delightfully crazy Frank Fencepost and his friend Silas Ermineskin -- as they cause a riot on a nude beach in Vancouver, chit-chat with the Queen (in her bedroom!) and manage a bankrupt baseball team.

Throughout it all, Frank and Silas remain undaunted though not always unbloodied, as the
Published 1986 by Totem Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fencepost Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fencepost Chronicles

Apr 28, 2009 Bonnie rated it really liked it
These were read-aloud hilarious stories when I read them. It so happened that I was teaching in a band school on a reservation at the time, and when I quizzed band members, they too, claimed to enjoy the stories.

I'm not sure how I would rate this book today. I do still have the book, and with my 'Librarian Status', decided to upload it, and at the same time, to add the book to my collection.

If you are reading, or intend to read this, I would welcome any commments you might choose to make!
Aug 24, 2009 Tom rated it really liked it
Really funny stories of life among a group of young adults on an Indian Reservation in Western Canada. Example - the high school team is named "The Wagonburners." The Moccasin Telegraph is more of the same. I recommend them both.
Arnold James Isbister
I loved this book of short stories! Being Native myself it was a refreshing look at our humour as opposed to the stereotypical view of a sombre, sad and angry 'Indian' of old.
Dixie Goode
Jul 27, 2011 Dixie Goode rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-shelf
This book, bu the Author of "Dield of Dreams" isn't baseball, and it had me laughing non-stop at its humorous description of life "on The Rez"
Jun 29, 2012 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1985
These were some of the funniest stories I ever read and got me started on W.P. Kinsella.
Janelle V.
Oct 19, 2007 Janelle V. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious picaresque novel.
Dec 27, 2014 Marc rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the Fencepost series that is worth reading; Like Dance Me Outside, The Fencepost Chronicles would otherwise be worth an extra star if it didn't suffer from the author's discriminatory delivery
Oct 13, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-fict
I don't usually like short stories but these were great!
Aug 09, 2013 Cristalle1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read these stories many, many years ago and recently revisited them. Some of these are laugh out loud stories with the sobering reality of life sprinkled in. Life on the Rez comes alive with Frank Fencepost and his community. I became a huge fan after the Miss Hobbema Pageant and have read all the books since. I highly recommend this book and Kinsella's other related books in the series.
Feb 24, 2012 Nicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I laughed so hard and so loud while reading this book that my, then 6 year old, daughter said I was not allowed to read in public. She was mortified!
Aug 21, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious antics of Indians on a reservation in Alberta. well written and a fun read.
Lynne Williams
Oct 13, 2011 Lynne Williams rated it really liked it
Wish this was on Kindle. More tomorrow.
Deb Phelps
Deb Phelps rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2016
Paul B
Paul B rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
ML marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Linda Boyd
Linda Boyd rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Mary Starchuk
Mary Starchuk marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Erik Weber
Erik Weber marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Bill Householder
Bill Householder marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Tim Droster
Tim Droster marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Rejoice marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Stefan Schetselaar
Stefan Schetselaar rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Feathers marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Roann marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Preeti rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
  • Whale Music
  • Open
  • Lives of Mothers & Daughters: Growing Up With Alice Munro
  • Broken Ground
  • Trial of Passion (Arthur Beauchamp, #1)
  • Radiance
  • Murder at the Mendel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #2)
  • Architects Are Here
  • Slow Hand: Women Writing Erotica
  • The Luck of Ginger Coffey
  • Small Change
William Patrick Kinsella, OC, OBC was a Canadian novelist and short story writer. His work has often concerned baseball and Canada's First Nations and other Canadian issues.

William Patrick Kinsella was born to John Matthew Kinsella and Olive Kinsella in Edmonton, Alberta. Kinsella was raised until he was 10 years-old at a homestead near Darwell, Alberta, 60 km west of the city, home-schooled by hi
More about W.P. Kinsella...