Start by marking “The Mystery of the Green Ray” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Green Ray

The Mystery of the Green Ray

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
I spent a miserable night. I went to bed early, and lay awake till daybreak. The hideous nightmare of the green ray kept me awake for many nights to come. The General agreed with me that we must waste no time, and it was arranged that we should take Myra up to London the next day.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1915)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Green Ray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Green Ray

Perry Whitford
On the eve of WWI, four young friends agree that '"some way or other we intend to regard the case of Rex v. Wilhelm as one in which we personally are concerned. Am I right?”' One of them, Ronald Ewart, journeys by train to Scotland to visit his sweetheart for the last time before enlisting and meets an intriguing American on the way. When he gets to her remote Highland home he is pleasantly surprised to learn that the friendly American, a Mr. Hilderman, has a nearby house.
Then, whilst out fishin
Dfordoom
The Mystery Of The Green Ray is a 1915 espionage thriller that could also be considered as borderline science fiction.

William Le Queux (1864-1927) was an amazingly prolific author (with something like 150 novels to his credit) who specialised in thrillers and espionage novels. These often involved hypothetical accounts of German invasions of Britain or other deadly threats to the Empire.

He seems to have been a little on the eccentric side, but eccentric in an interesting way. He had a great enth
Brandy
I love reading the writings of William Le Queux. He was a very popular mystery/suspense writer, in his day. He wrote most of his stories in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I so enjoy reading his narration coming as it does from his era. His stories are fiction, yet his settings are and political situations were current when he wrote. He seems like the Clancy of his day. He died in 1924, but I for one, am a fan forever.

Regarding the Mystery of the Green Ray, I have to admit it isn't my favorite
Paola di Freire
Paola di Freire marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Pamela
Pamela added it
Aug 25, 2014
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Matt Kelland
Matt Kelland marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Em
Em added it
Feb 09, 2012
Jason Thompkins
Jason Thompkins marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2010
William Tufnell Le Queux was born in London on 2 July 1864. His father, also William of Chateauroux, Indre, was a French draper's assistant and his mother was English.

He was educated in Europe and studied art under Ignazio Spiridon in Paris. He walked extensively in France and Germany and supported himself for a time writing for French newspapers. It was one of his sensational stories in 'The Peti
More about William Le Queux...
The Czar's Spy: The Mystery of a Silent Love The Four Faces A Mystery The Closed Book Concerning the Secret of the Borgias The Minister of Evil: The Secret History of Rasputin's Betrayal of Russia The Invasion of 1910: With A Full Account of the Siege of London