Start by marking “Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)

Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  2,436 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Book 1 in the Were Chronicles Series:

Marissa Boyd finds herself drawn into a world she can never be a part of, complete with an Alpha wolf who takes whatever he wants. And he wants her. Marissa Boyd knows, as a non-shifter, she doesn't belong in Pack territory. She braves a visit to attend her sister's mating ceremony and meets the shifter who will change her entire life a
Published May 25th 2009 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pack Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pack Alpha

Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
27th out of 625 books — 802 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
234th out of 666 books — 640 voters

More lists with this book...

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
So yesterday I had the need to read about some shifters. I knew I had a few on my tbr list so I started hunting them down. This was actually not on my list but on the side as a recommendation. It was perfect for what I needed.

I was actually supposed to start a buddy read soon so I didn't want to read something too long, but I wish this one would have been a little bit longer. :/ However, at 74 pages, the book never really seemed too rushed. I mean once I thought, wow you barely know her and alr
Emily
Thrown out of her pack because she is a non-shifter Marissa Boyd vowed never to set foot on any Pack land again, until her sister begged her to attend her mating ceremony. Marissa has a plan, support her sister but stay away from the Were's who ignite a passion in her that are difficult to put to rest. Marissa's plans quickly go awry when she meets Pack Alpha Gage who is determined to make her his own.

I had been unsure about this book because of the mixed reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ga
Erotic Horizon
Marissa Boyd is home or what should be home for her sister’s wedding. Years ago it was drummed into Marissa that she was not pack material and she consequently after leaving has never been back despite how much her inner self long to feel the bond of her pack.

When she meets the current pack alpha Gage she knew immediately that this visit was going to be unlike anything that she has ever experienced in her life.

Gage is a strong wolf and an alpha that protect what is his and he consider Marissa on
Monique
I have missed reading paranormal romance. Sometimes it's difficult to make time to read full length PNR novel series when RL get busy. So I was very excited when I found this series. It's full of short PNR reads which are written well and entertaining.

I loved the sex scenes! So hot and descriptive without being overly wordy like some authors tend to do when writing such scenes. This had enough drama and plot to keep me entertained. I would have loved more world building but I know that's diffic
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Good one! There is just something about an alpha male that just gets me going! This is a shorty...about 100 pages and surprisingly complete for such a quick read.

Marissa is a defective wolf shifter and was thrown out of her original pack because of it. Now, 10 years later she is forced into an unknown pack's territory because her sister is marrying one of the pack's members. Of course, she had no idea the Alpha would have eyes for her...and hands and and mouth and ...well, you get the point...
Shannon C.
Surprisingly good summer read

I had never heard of this author but I am a fan of paranormal romance. In Pack Alpha, I liked the characters and the high levels of suspense. I felt for Marissa's challenges with her disability (a shifter who couldn't shift) and the mistreatment of her former pack. I actually got teary eyed at one point when she was talking about her wolf being trapped. What a terrible thing to live with. While I liked the leading man, I would have liked a bit more development of his
Tam
Nothing like a quickie to satisfy a girl on a Saturday night.

I read the three books of this series late last night (early this morning). Fabulous books for short stories. Pack Alpha was my fav. but there is a lot of potential built into books 3 ... I hope that there are many more books to come in this series and I hope that they are all as short and sweet as this one. The length sets them apart from all the other paranormal books.

R
The book featured a non shifter shifter. I have very rarely read books with that type of character.

Great book and the start of good series.
SheLove2Read
Feb 16, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves shifter romance
Shelves: 2010
Loved it! Can't wait to read more in this new series.
Starry
Jessica Weissenburger
While this story isn't overly unique and the premise is nothing new, it was well written. The length of the story is both its greatest weakness and strength. On one hand it's not long enough to really properly establish the characters and on the other it's just short enough that it's such a quick read that you really don't mind.

I'd rather read a short read with good writing than a long story riddled with mistakes and absolutely no characterization. It took me less than two hours to finish this s
Delta
Nov 24, 2013 Delta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of wolf-shifter romance
Linda
Marissa Boyd Had Left Her Pack, Disgraced And In Shame For Breaking A Pack Law That She Had Never Knew And She Had Been Grateful That That The Rest Of Her Family Had Been Allowed To Stay. She Had Been Unprotected By A Pack And On Her Own The Past Ten Years Living Among Humans. She Was Not Human Nor She Were, A Woman That Could Not Shift Even Though Her Family Could. She Was On Her Way To Her Sister's Mating Ceremony And She Dreaded Ever Crossing Into Pack Territory. She Just Had To Stay For The ...more
Deborah
I enjoyed this book a lot. The only reason I gave four stars versus five was because it was too short for my taste. Good story line. Classic alpha male( my favorite kind of man). I really felt for the heroine. Not so much love sympathy for the sister though. I thought that she was a little unfeeling toward her sister. My only complaint about this book was that it ended to soon. I prefer a little more material so that I can be come invested in the characters in the story. I would still recommend ...more
N.L. Riviezzo
An interesting spin on the world of the werewolf. I liked the story. I think it would have been significantly better if it had been longer. It holds a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series. The pairing was good and different compared to most werewolf/werewolf pairings.
Kathryn Redman
I thought this was a fun short read. The characters are introduced very well and each have brilliant characteristics. I love the alpha Gage, he is a true arrogant and sexy man who takes what he wants.
Amanda
great short book. i read this in less than a day...on to the next one :-)
Yona
Another great paranormal romance. I liked this one a lot.
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I like the story!!!Hot Gage....I like him a lot!!!!
Karagan
Gage reminds me so well why I love a dominate man. =)
Sofia Sundfors
This book was: really good, if a bit short.
The plot was: very nice.
The beginning was: good.
The middle was: fantastic.
The crescendo was: a bit disappointing.
The finish/ending was: great.
The characters were: all very good.
The worldbuilding was: seamless.
The language was: used well.
The themes represented in the book were: classic.
Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Nah, I don't think I will... but you never know.
Maria
I always enjoy a story with sexy werewolves and this book was not an exception! “Pack Alpha” is the first story from the Were Chronicles series by Crissy Smith and it’s a very good and fast read.

Marissa is a werewolf who can’t shift, so she never was accepted in her old pack. Years later, her sister, Elizabeth, is getting married and she’s a part of a new pack. Elizabeth wants Marissa with her for this day, so she has to spend a week with this new pack and the sexiest alpha she’s ever seen! She’
Lisa
A. this can be judged by the cover
B. not to be judged by description lmao.

for aged 18+

Pack Alpha by Crissy Smith was for me short story and i thought it was like most short stories quick moving, this short story felt very much a rush.
I felt everything was going fast i was introduced to the character but i couldn't relate, i couldn't feel for her as there was no history to get me knowing how she got there just a few repeated points that i felt was not being told to me but being pushed on me as if
Megan
Marissa left her pack as a teen and never looked back. As a were that can’t shift she is used to being treated as less. When her sister decides to mate and invites her to the ceremony she doesn’t want to go but also doesn’t want to disappoint her either. Going to visit the pack her sister joined brings back bad memories but as she gets to know the pack and Alpha, she discovers that maybe all packs aren’t bad.

I enjoyed this story. It’s the first book in the Were Chronicles. As a starter book, its
Rachel Montalvo
I liked the premise but there was no character development and the characters didn't really connect and the readers couldn't even connect.One moment she hates him then she loves him. It felt more like a long synopsis of the story it could have been. I think if instead of cramming all that into such a short novel, she should've had more story in between the action and had let the characters emotionally connect.You really felt for Marissa but I felt like maybe there could've been some more tension ...more
Stéphanie
I can only say that it could have been better.

The story was ok, some interesting plot ideas but it didn't do more than scratch the surface. In a way, it could have been a 4 stars rating but it was so rushed and too superficial for my taste. I knew it was the risk since it's a really short story but I liked the resume so I tried it. I'm a bit disappointed.
Bastet
Nothing to recommend it by. Everything was oh so non-stimulating. Gage, the alpha male of the story, was pretty standard material, while the heroine was another lame, damsel-in-distress female character. The plot though was truly laughable. Glad it was short.
Calisto
Marissa got kicked out of her old pack for being a shifter that can't shift. Now she has to go back into a new pack's territory for her sister's mating only to be met with a smoking hot alpha Gage. But danger looms when her old flame decides he wants her back. At any cost. *duhduhdumm*

This was a fine short erotic smutlet. The sex is fine and plenty which turns out to be the problem actually. There is a definite lack of characterization in favor for more sex. Also the jumps in time are also disor
Sally
Pack Alpha is the first in the Were Chronicles series. Gage Wolf, Alpha of a pack thought he was happy with his life until Marissa Boyd arrives to see her sister. Marissa is a non-shifter and attends the mating ceremony for her sister and mate to be. Marissa was thrown out of her original pack and never found a new one. Gage knows of Marissa’s past and as he realises that he has found his mate, he will do anything to protect her and make her feel loved and part of a family.

This is a quick read t
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This was a very good and well written werewolf book, this author writes very clearly that I think she could have made this a full book vs it being so short. It had great development, although I didn't like that Marissa didn't seem, at least to me, to be much of an Alpha female. There were definite feelings of emotion that were conveyed to me just by reading and like I said this author has the potential to make a super good full length book. Very well written and no really any errors I saw. Fanta ...more
  • Alpha Turned
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
  • Her Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #1)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy, #1)
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Serengeti Heat (Serengeti Shifters, #1)
  • Ascension (Cherchez Pack, #1)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
I live in Texas with my husband, daughter, and three Labrador retrievers. By day you can find me at my 'day job' buried under a pile of paperwork but at night I am at my computer creating new worlds!

I have always loved the paranormal. Shape-shifters, witches, and vampires have been my number one choice of reading material so when I strated to write it was the genre I chose.

I currently have severa
More about Crissy Smith...
Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2) Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3) Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4) The Favour (Corporate Wolves, #1) Pack Community (Were Chronicles, #5)