Start by marking “Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)

Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,958 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
Book 1 in the Were Chronicles Series:

Marissa Boyd finds herself drawn into a world she can never be a part of, complete with an Alpha wolf who takes whatever he wants. And he wants her. Marissa Boyd knows, as a non-shifter, she doesn't belong in Pack territory. She braves a visit to attend her sister's mating ceremony and meets the shifter who will change her entire life a
Published May 25th 2009 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published 2009)

Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
40th out of 832 books — 1,167 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
237th out of 741 books — 826 voters

More lists with this book...

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
So yesterday I had the need to read about some shifters. I knew I had a few on my tbr list so I started hunting them down. This was actually not on my list but on the side as a recommendation. It was perfect for what I needed.

I was actually supposed to start a buddy read soon so I didn't want to read something too long, but I wish this one would have been a little bit longer. :/ However, at 74 pages, the book never really seemed too rushed. I mean once I thought, wow you barely know her and alr
Emily
Thrown out of her pack because she is a non-shifter Marissa Boyd vowed never to set foot on any Pack land again, until her sister begged her to attend her mating ceremony. Marissa has a plan, support her sister but stay away from the Were's who ignite a passion in her that are difficult to put to rest. Marissa's plans quickly go awry when she meets Pack Alpha Gage who is determined to make her his own.

I had been unsure about this book because of the mixed reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ga
Delta
May 22, 2015 Delta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of wolf-shifter romance

Rereading since I now have the last four books to finish up this series I started reading over a year ago. This was more like a 3 star read this time around. Am leaving the original rating...
Monique
Nov 01, 2013 Monique rated it really liked it
I have missed reading paranormal romance. Sometimes it's difficult to make time to read full length PNR novel series when RL get busy. So I was very excited when I found this series. It's full of short PNR reads which are written well and entertaining.

I loved the sex scenes! So hot and descriptive without being overly wordy like some authors tend to do when writing such scenes. This had enough drama and plot to keep me entertained. I would have loved more world building but I know that's diffic
Erotic Horizon
Oct 19, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Marissa Boyd is home or what should be home for her sister’s wedding. Years ago it was drummed into Marissa that she was not pack material and she consequently after leaving has never been back despite how much her inner self long to feel the bond of her pack.

When she meets the current pack alpha Gage she knew immediately that this visit was going to be unlike anything that she has ever experienced in her life.

Gage is a strong wolf and an alpha that protect what is his and he consider Marissa on
A. Cook
Jan 04, 2016 A. Cook rated it liked it
Shelves: crissy-smith
Quick read that was enjoyable. Gage was the quintessential alpha with good looks and protective personality. The female lead is sassy but as a dominant wolf she showed a lot of courage. All the characters were well developed. Nice entry for the series.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Good one! There is just something about an alpha male that just gets me going! This is a shorty...about 100 pages and surprisingly complete for such a quick read.

Marissa is a defective wolf shifter and was thrown out of her original pack because of it. Now, 10 years later she is forced into an unknown pack's territory because her sister is marrying one of the pack's members. Of course, she had no idea the Alpha would have eyes for her...and hands and and mouth and ...well, you get the point...
Shannon C.
Apr 28, 2010 Shannon C. rated it liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters
Surprisingly good summer read

I had never heard of this author but I am a fan of paranormal romance. In Pack Alpha, I liked the characters and the high levels of suspense. I felt for Marissa's challenges with her disability (a shifter who couldn't shift) and the mistreatment of her former pack. I actually got teary eyed at one point when she was talking about her wolf being trapped. What a terrible thing to live with. While I liked the leading man, I would have liked a bit more development of his
Ellie
Jun 06, 2010 Ellie rated it really liked it
Nothing like a quickie to satisfy a girl on a Saturday night.

I read the three books of this series late last night (early this morning). Fabulous books for short stories. Pack Alpha was my fav. but there is a lot of potential built into books 3 ... I hope that there are many more books to come in this series and I hope that they are all as short and sweet as this one. The length sets them apart from all the other paranormal books.

R
Jan 30, 2010 R rated it it was amazing
The book featured a non shifter shifter. I have very rarely read books with that type of character.

Great book and the start of good series.
SheLove2Read
Feb 16, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves shifter romance
Shelves: 2010
Loved it! Can't wait to read more in this new series.
Starry
Sep 15, 2011 Starry rated it it was amazing
Linda
Aug 01, 2009 Linda rated it it was amazing
Marissa Boyd Had Left Her Pack, Disgraced And In Shame For Breaking A Pack Law That She Had Never Knew And She Had Been Grateful That That The Rest Of Her Family Had Been Allowed To Stay. She Had Been Unprotected By A Pack And On Her Own The Past Ten Years Living Among Humans. She Was Not Human Nor She Were, A Woman That Could Not Shift Even Though Her Family Could. She Was On Her Way To Her Sister's Mating Ceremony And She Dreaded Ever Crossing Into Pack Territory. She Just Had To Stay For The ...more
Debra Taylor
Apr 03, 2012 Debra Taylor rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. The only reason I gave four stars versus five was because it was too short for my taste. Good story line. Classic alpha male( my favorite kind of man). I really felt for the heroine. Not so much love sympathy for the sister though. I thought that she was a little unfeeling toward her sister. My only complaint about this book was that it ended to soon. I prefer a little more material so that I can be come invested in the characters in the story. I would still recommend ...more
N.L. Riviezzo
An interesting spin on the world of the werewolf. I liked the story. I think it would have been significantly better if it had been longer. It holds a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series. The pairing was good and different compared to most werewolf/werewolf pairings.
Kathryn Barnes
Oct 10, 2014 Kathryn Barnes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy, shifters, 5-stars
I thought this was a fun short read. The characters are introduced very well and each have brilliant characteristics. I love the alpha Gage, he is a true arrogant and sexy man who takes what he wants.
Amanda
Feb 08, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
great short book. i read this in less than a day...on to the next one :-)
Yona
Aug 02, 2012 Yona rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifters
Another great paranormal romance. I liked this one a lot.
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
Aug 05, 2012 Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ rated it really liked it
Shelves: pavlina, hot-male
I like the story!!!Hot Gage....I like him a lot!!!!
Karagan
Gage reminds me so well why I love a dominate man. =)
Sofia Sundfors
This book was: really good, if a bit short.
The plot was: very nice.
The beginning was: good.
The middle was: fantastic.
The crescendo was: a bit disappointing.
The finish/ending was: great.
The characters were: all very good.
The worldbuilding was: seamless.
The language was: used well.
The themes represented in the book were: classic.
Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Nah, I don't think I will... but you never know.
Book Binge
Minor spoilers ahead:

I started off really liking this book and preparing to begin the review with 4 stars or more. But as I got closer to the end, my enjoyment wavered. The confrontation with Brandon by the creek seemed very stilted. I mean one second she's ready to fight to the death and the next she's ready to go. It just lacked emotion and a sense of reality (which sounds ridiculous when discussing a book about werewolves but I do like some aspects of my books to be realistic!). But the main
Maria
Feb 26, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
I always enjoy a story with sexy werewolves and this book was not an exception! “Pack Alpha” is the first story from the Were Chronicles series by Crissy Smith and it’s a very good and fast read.

Marissa is a werewolf who can’t shift, so she never was accepted in her old pack. Years later, her sister, Elizabeth, is getting married and she’s a part of a new pack. Elizabeth wants Marissa with her for this day, so she has to spend a week with this new pack and the sexiest alpha she’s ever seen! She’
Lisa
Aug 18, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it
A. this can be judged by the cover
B. not to be judged by description lmao.

for aged 18+

Pack Alpha by Crissy Smith was for me short story and i thought it was like most short stories quick moving, this short story felt very much a rush.
I felt everything was going fast i was introduced to the character but i couldn't relate, i couldn't feel for her as there was no history to get me knowing how she got there just a few repeated points that i felt was not being told to me but being pushed on me as if
Megan
Dec 04, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
Marissa left her pack as a teen and never looked back. As a were that can’t shift she is used to being treated as less. When her sister decides to mate and invites her to the ceremony she doesn’t want to go but also doesn’t want to disappoint her either. Going to visit the pack her sister joined brings back bad memories but as she gets to know the pack and Alpha, she discovers that maybe all packs aren’t bad.

I enjoyed this story. It’s the first book in the Were Chronicles. As a starter book, its
Rachel Montalvo
I liked the premise but there was no character development and the characters didn't really connect and the readers couldn't even connect.One moment she hates him then she loves him. It felt more like a long synopsis of the story it could have been. I think if instead of cramming all that into such a short novel, she should've had more story in between the action and had let the characters emotionally connect.You really felt for Marissa but I felt like maybe there could've been some more tension ...more
Stéphanie
Aug 03, 2014 Stéphanie rated it it was ok
I can only say that it could have been better.

The story was ok, some interesting plot ideas but it didn't do more than scratch the surface. In a way, it could have been a 4 stars rating but it was so rushed and too superficial for my taste. I knew it was the risk since it's a really short story but I liked the resume so I tried it. I'm a bit disappointed.
Bastet
Nothing to recommend it by. Everything was oh so non-stimulating. Gage, the alpha male of the story, was pretty standard material, while the heroine was another lame, damsel-in-distress female character. The plot though was truly laughable. Glad it was short.
Calisto
Apr 23, 2011 Calisto rated it it was ok
Marissa got kicked out of her old pack for being a shifter that can't shift. Now she has to go back into a new pack's territory for her sister's mating only to be met with a smoking hot alpha Gage. But danger looms when her old flame decides he wants her back. At any cost. *duhduhdumm*

This was a fine short erotic smutlet. The sex is fine and plenty which turns out to be the problem actually. There is a definite lack of characterization in favor for more sex. Also the jumps in time are also disor
Dominus~
Feb 24, 2015 Dominus~ rated it really liked it
I love how when a werewolf meets his/her mate it's like love at first sight. Maybe this was the theory that got there. Gage and Marissa is so cute. I am so happy that Marissa was able to have the pack that she need. And added to that, a mate.
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Her Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #1)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
  • Alpha Turned
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • She Wolf (True Mates, #1)
  • Serengeti Heat (Serengeti Shifters, #1)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Tooth and Claw
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Ascension (Cherchez Wolf Pack, #1)
I live in Texas with my husband, daughter, and three Labrador retrievers. By day you can find me at my 'day job' buried under a pile of paperwork but at night I am at my computer creating new worlds!

I have always loved the paranormal. Shape-shifters, witches, and vampires have been my number one choice of reading material so when I strated to write it was the genre I chose.

I currently have severa
More about Crissy Smith...

Were Chronicles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • Pack Community (Were Chronicles, #5)
  • Pack Mates (Were Chronicles, #6)
  • Pack Daughter (Were Chronicles #7)
  • Pack Hunter (Were Chronicles, #8)
  • Pack Council (Were Chronicles, #9)
  • Pack Security (Were Chronicles, #10)
  • Pack Beta (Were Chronicles, #11)