Start by marking “Shamanslayer” as Want to Read:
Shamanslayer

Shamanslayer (Gotrek & Felix #11)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  395 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Dwarf Trollslayer Gotrek and his human companion Felix Jaeger, Warhammer's most famous pair of heroes, head off to a new adventure in the latest novel of this best-selling fantasy series against a horde of beastmen who threaten the safety of the Empire.
Published September 29th 2009 by Games Workshop (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Shamanslayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shamanslayer

Bradley
Nathan Long is getting a little better writing for Gotrek. You can tell he likes writing better for Felix though. No worries because I like Felix too. =) This story is a good one filled with lots of battle and blood. A very worthy fantasy tale. =)
Amy
HOLY WOW. Such a great ending... such a great ride all the way through. I cried twice. You've got to read this series in order if you're going to pick it up, but it's totally worth the journey to get here (and it was always a good journey). Nathan Long does an amazing job writing a strong female character and reminds us why we still love Felix and Gotrek.
Dave
Always a guilty pleasure, with a few surprising twists this time around as well as old friends.
Emeyin
One of my favorite characters is back, but kind of sad too. :(
Paul
Gotrek is a slayer dwarf, one who has committed a sin so great the only atonement is seeking out an death in battle worthy of an epic. Felix is a poet and swordsman who is wanted by the Empire for his participation in the window tax riots. Gotrek saved Felix's life from being trampled by the Empire's troops. While hiding in a tavern, very inebriated Felix swears an oath to follow the slayer dwarf and write the epic of his death. In this series of books the duo fight; chaos worshipers, goblin wol ...more
Sebastien
Après mon brake de Warhammer et dans ma nouvelle gestation de digérer un livre de Steven Erikson, j'ai décider de continuer une série que je suis depuis plus de 10 ans. La série des Slayer de Warhammer, communément appeler Felix et Gotrek.

Jusqu'à maintenant, Nathan Long a toujours sur porter fièrement le flambeau de la série Slayer. Tous ses derniers livres ont été plus que satisfaisant et j'espérais beaucoup ne pas être déçu par la suite de Elf Slayer.

Encore une fois, la quest est corsé, pleine
Joe Moley
Mr. Long definitely took a step back with this one.

After thoroughly enjoying Elfslayer, I was really looking forward to this release. The long awaited return of one of the better side characters was ruined with an unexplained case of senility and took total second fiddle to a new/old love interest for Felix. I got the sense that the author tried to build on Felix' inner self doubt (which has always been there from the original stories onset) however in my opinion, it turned Felix into a scared,
Jay Little
I am a huge fan of the Troll Slayer series, and Nathan Long has done an excellent job carrying the torch after William King ended his run. The adventures of Gotrek & Felix continue to be exciting, action-packed romps through the rich, dark, gothic Warhammer Fantasy setting by Games Workshop.

I really liked this adventure, as the brooding, seething presence of Chaos is one of the underlying themes of the setting. And beastmen are a race usually only used as creatures occassionally encountered
Adolfo Ito
it was actually good, but at the same time, the storyline was a little slow, and i hated the final. That is because the next book "zombieslayer" won't be traduced to spanish, so i'll have to read it in a long time
Jeremy Preacher
Dark, gloomy, gothic fantasy - predictable as hell, but competently-written and action-packed. I am a little afraid the series will never actually end, because I'm only in it for the ending at this point.
Christian
Some people compared this to David Gemmell's LEGEND. God, no. Not even close. Another case of Star Trek red shirts. I simply do not care about other people in these novels except Snorri and Kat.
Gianfranco Mancini
Il cliffhanger finale è a dir poco stupendo! Avevo altri piani ma mi toccherà iniziare subito il prossimo volume della saga :)
Cornelia
As bloody as always, but this time with a scary ending.
Andre
Same recipe but leaves it on a cliffhanger.
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Rafal Drabik
Rafal Drabik marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • Giantslayer
  • Gotrek and Felix: The Anthology
  • Empire
  • Shadow King
  • Nagash Immortal
  • Grey Seer (Warhammer: Thanquol & Boneripper, #1)
  • Road of Skulls
191748
Nathan Long is a screen and prose writer, with two movies, one Saturday-morning adventure series, and a handful of live-action and animated TV episodes to his name, as well as eleven fantasy novels and several award-winning short stories.

He hails from Pennsylvania, where he grew up, went to school, and played in various punk and rock-a-billy bands, before following his writing dreams to Hollywood
More about Nathan Long...
Orcslayer Manslayer Elfslayer Zombieslayer Jane Carver of Waar (Jane Carver, #1)