Start by marking “Lucky Break (Lucky Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lucky Break (Lucky Trilogy, #3)

Lucky Break (Lucky Trilogy #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,991 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Jason Corwin knows he should resist his attraction to Lauren Perkins. After all, it was one of her ancestors who came up with the curse that had haunted every Corwin male since. But after one night of mind-blowing sex with his supposed—and very seductive—enemy, he can't bring himself to stay away.

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old ho
Published September 29th 2009 by HQN (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Break

♡Karlyn P♡
DNF. I don't mind a light 'beach read' contemporary, but this one was just too light on substance. A silly premise of a curse from long ago, feuding families that hold a grudge for generations, a hero and heroine both in denial, and non of it made much sense. To top it off, the reader for this audio book was only OK. Her male and female voices were hard to tell apart at times. I called it quits halfway.
jenjn79
Oct 11, 2009 jenjn79 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I really enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy, so I had high hopes for the 3rd and final book. And though this book was in no way terrible or even particularly bad, I did find it to be a bit disappointing. I was expecting something better.

Series Note: this is the 3rd and last book in Phillips's Lucky trilogy. Though you may possibly be able to read this book on its own and understand enough, I'd recommend reading the entire trilogy in order. There's a lot of background and continuing issu
This is the final book in the Corwin trilogy. It was a good ending that brought things all together.

This book follows the last of the Corwin male cousins, Jason, son of Thomas. Jason was introduced in the last book, Lucky Streak. He is a snowboarder who tested positive for drugs and has been banned from the sport. He's come home to "lick his wounds" and be with his family. He's taken up the family business and become a contractor to make money.

Lauren Perkins, also introduced in Lucky Streak, is
Kendra
Jul 21, 2012 Kendra marked it as won-t-be-finishing
what can i say, it was 50 cents at a thrift store.
Rhonda
In Stewart, Massachusetts with the deaths of the evil Perkins family and the incarceration of the few survivors, the witch powers they claimed proved false. However, although they apparently won the feud, the Corwin family, especially the older generation, believes anyone with a touch of Perkins blood is cursed with evil in their DNA.

Lauren Perkins comes home to prepare the family mansion for sale. Although she had nothing to do with the malevolence of her kin, everyone especially the Corwin br
Me-an
Women and men do strange things in the name of love, I just think we have to wait and see what the Fates have in store.

Yes this is the 3rd book in the series and I bypassed the first two. So what? I'm more interested in this so I read it. Turns out, I was right. I had fun reading this book.

Maybe because it was different because a simple love story was fused with witch craft, curses and the likes. I loved the whole uniting the families to break the curse shenanigan.

Plus, it also tackles the subje
Kathy
Jason Corwin and Lauren Perkins...

a few months have passed... Jason is trying to make a life for himself... and his father's almost girlfriend reads his future in tarot cards - and she sees that he's ready to realign his goals, and love is a possibility if he grabs for it...

and Lauren Perkins - the sane Perkins - is in town, waiting for the debut of her clothing designs in Paris, and fixing up the family house in hopes of selling it to a family with a specific deadline... she is remembering how
Sara ♥
2.5 stars.

Some books, even in trilogies, can be read out of order. I don't think this is one of them. I felt like I was flung into the story 2/3 of the way through. Not because of the romance, because I got all of that, but because of the secondary characters. They weren't introduced more than like "Ed = uncle" or whoever. I don't remember their names. They weren't distinguishable, so they couldn't be memorable.

The actual romance was cute. I really liked Jason and his back story. Lauren was fine
Patti
Book Description:

Long ago, a witch proclaimed an eternal curse that every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his woman and his fortune.... Jason Corwin knows he should resist his attraction to Lauren Perkins. But after one night of mind-blowing sex with his supposed and very seductive enemy, he can't bring himself to stay away.

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old house and leave the past behind forever. But that's not an easy thing to do when gorgeous co
Anita
Last book of the Luck Trilogy and it read like Carly Phillips was ready to move on to other stories. It was a good story concept. Last single Corwin cousin, Jason, hooks up with Lauren Perkins, whose ancestor put the curse on the Corwins.

Lauren and Jason first hooked up when she spent the summer in Perkins at age 17. Now, 10 years later, she is back to sell grandmother's house and leave Perkins in her dust. Of course, she and Jason meet and it is instant fire. One of the hottest sex hook-ups I
Mareli
the best of the whole trilogy, funny and great characters and I liked the other couples more here on this book.

The story was funny, the bad sister a bit unrealistic but the story was good. All in all I liked the trilogy and this last book was a perfect ending. :)
Lisa
I really enjoyed this story. Great characters, interesting plot.
Jan Capstick
Great read!
Lisa Weber
Fun read, as long as you don't think about it too much. (I also had to to ease past occasionally annoying grammar, but I got by it. My advice: squint your eyes so you can't see it too clearly, and never reread it to figure out how to correct it.)
Darcy
My favorite part of this book was how buttinsky all the Corvins were with Jason and Lauren, especially the new wives. I even liked how the uncles would go crazy when they realized the two were having a relationship. I hated that Lauren couldn’t see what was going on with her sister, it took the sister’s blatant actions to open her eyes, which was sad. I liked the ending, how with the find, the curse is brought full circle.
Tammy
It was an okay read with some steamy scenes. A lot of focus was on her lack of money, fixing the house, her designing dreams, selling her beloved Porsche, etc. The older generation who's still afraid of the curse added an interesting twist to it. Nosy friends, mentally ill sister, parents who weren't there for them, blah, blah, a lot of the sad background stuff that seems to be the fabric of a lot of books.
Julianne
I know it says this is part of a trilogy, but I thought of it as a "stand-alone" book. She is back in town temporarily, trying to fix up her grandmother's home so she can sell it and sever all ties with this town. He is back after his dreams were stolen away. Now he's doing some contracting work and trying to convince her to stay. But others get in the way. Lots of meddling. And lots of fun!
This book was definitely a part of a series although you don't feel completely lost just because you haven't read the others which is nice. Honestly did not see the plot twist coming which was definitely a plus, but one you see that one detail about halfway through the book the rest is pretty obvious. It was a pretty cute book though even though there wasn't too much that was extremely special to me.
Jessica Alcazar
FANTASTIC little chic flic romance story! ALL 3 of these books were highly enjoyable. Every character had me LMAO!
However, I will say that Lucky Streak (#2) was absolutely the funniest of them all. Hands down!
PS....I really wish Uncle Edward and Clara had their own story, even if it was a short story in an Anthology because that man had me in stitches....stinky Pete! Bawaaaaaaahahahahaha!
Wendy
I think that htis was a good end to the Corwin Curse series. I liked the characters and the interaction alot. I loved The Uncle's, they are really hilarious and add a fun twist to it all. Jason and Lauren have great chemistry and I liked that they learned to overcome their own insecurities to be together. It was definately a quick read, but enjoyable.I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.
Melinda
I think that this was not the best book to read after the intensity of reading Nalini Singh's work. It is a lighthearted romance about lost love and curses. This is the third book of the series and though it stands alone I would recommend reading the other books first for more back story than this installment gives. Overall, I liked it but it wasn't a page turner for me.
Mei
Michelle Huntsinger
I really enjoyed this book. Carly Phillips tells you a story that gets you involved right away, and makes you feel like you know the characters in the story as if they were your own family. I love anything having to do with the paranormal, curses, etc.

I also will read anything Carly Phillips writes, as she's got a fan for life in me.
Ry
There was nothing wrong with the plot of this book. The reason I didn't give it a five star rating has more to do with the diction of the author than anything else. Sometimes the writing comes across as slightly stilted, but they may also be a resultant interpretation of the differences in language between the author's generation and my own.
Christine
I enjoyed this last book and how it felt like all the loose ends were tied up. Lauren and Jason were a perfect pair and I enjoyed how all the family members seemed to haven grown up so much- specifically the Perkins and the Corwins.I was surprised at Gabrielle & Amber's part in getting Jason and Lauren together. Hee hee!
Dessdemona
It was a nice book! But I was kind of disappointed with this ending! After Amber and Mike story I was kind of hoping for a more booming book!
But it was nice. Lauren was a great character, Jason too. So glad for Clara and Edward. Still love Amber, still hate Gabrielle!
But all in all it truly was a great book.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Carly Phillips' Lucky Trilogy. Another just okay read. It had its moments but not enough of them. This is what I'd call a light-hearted romance. It wasn't bad but it didn't engage my attention enough to truly appreciate it.
I just love Carly Phillips. She adds several elements to her books. They are sexy, fun, thrilling, heartbreaking, hilarious, mischievous. I love her additions of meddling people of the older generation. The lucky trilogy was awesome.
Fullfaun
Trina
Of the three in this series I think I like this one the best. I really like the story/chemistry between them and how it all played out. The psycho sister is a bit much in a couple places but it makes for an interesting story.
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • Just For Kicks (Showgirls #2)
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Santa, Baby
  • Fearless (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • With a Twist (Wild Hart Saga, #1)
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5; Serendipity, #3.5; Hope, #0.5)
  • Mad, Bad and Blonde (West Investigations, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Lucky Trilogy (3 books)
  • Lucky Charm (Lucky Trilogy, #1)
  • Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy, #2)
Hot Number (Hot Zone #2) Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1) The Bachelor (Chandler Brothers, #1) Serendipity (Serendipity, #1) The Playboy (Chandler Brothers, #2)