Start by marking “Fire And Rain (Best Of The Best) (Silhouette Romance)” as Want to Read:
Fire And Rain (Best Of The Best) (Silhouette Romance)

Fire And Rain (Best Of The Best) (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  734 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Elizabeth Lowell's favorite family is back in town. Don't miss this reader favorite!

Owner of the wildest, loneliest ranch this side of the Rockies, Luck MacKenzie hadn't laid eyes on Carla McQueen for three years. Not since they day he'd sent his best friend's kid sister storming from the Rocking M Ranch and out of his life — for what he thought was forever . . .

Now Car

Published May 1st 1994 by Silhouette (first published December 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Fire And Rain (Best Of The Best), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire And Rain (Best Of The Best)

Rebecca Crowley
This is a classic, old-school romance that really hit the spot. The formula is tried and tested for a reason: virginal heroine overwhelmed by her passion, emotionally unavailable hero with a heart of gold, set on an isolated, wild ranch full of Anasazi ruins. What could be finer?

Lowell's writing is florid and rich, and although none of the swoony, melodramatic dialogue is even within orbit of being realistic, it's all the more fantastic as a result. This is an enjoyable glimpse into romance nove
Kathy Cordero
Nunca había leído nada de esta autora, ni siquiera la había oído mencionar, este libro lo compre a inicios de año junto con uno de Nora Roberts porque los halle a un precio súper barato. Ahora puedo darme cuenta porque.

Bien, salgamos de lo desagradable primero, este libro no presenta nada de misterio e intriga, la escritora no tiene lo que se llama un excelente uso de la palabra a menos claro que se traten de esas de alto contenido sexual, en cuento a descripciones, nula; sentimientos de persona
Christine
I have been disappointed in these books in this series after the 1st book. This was short, ended abruptly and was too similar to all the other books after the 1st one.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
To me, this one was not as good as the first, and I really didn't enjoy the snippets of Case's life offered within its pages-I wanted MORE and I wanted to know what happened with Ty and Janna. Ty/Janna were barely glanced over and this just didnt seem right given the full treatment from the previous book. It just didn't sit well with me.

I will say that Luke is quite yummy-all big and hard and hairy. What's not to like? Our heroine, Carla, should have kicked his butt to the curb and gone after Te
Maura
The book was very typical. Little sister loves big brother's best friend. Hero is rich, ranch owner and unable to love. Heroine is door mat. I did like the history of Indian lore and caverns and relics.
Maddux
Elizabeth Lowell always hits the spot with her romances.
jenjn79
C K
This series (Granite Man, Fire and Rain, Warrior, Outlaw) on the people of Rocking M ranch is fantanstic! This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that. Always in depth characters that anyone can identify with on some level.
W. Ferraro
loved loved loved this! You couldn't help but fall in love with Luke. The internal battle he goes through regarding his true feeings for Carla, makes you root for them even more. When he makes the rocking chair for her, gets me every time.
Barbara
Good read! Loved all the "pet" names Luke had for Carla -- Sunshine, Baby, Schoolgirl! Very intimate love scenes could have been scaled down a little but the story was so good that I couldn't put the book down until I finished it.
Jill
Well, I accidentally read Warrior (the last book) first, but even knowing their relationship in the future, I liked this book a lot more than Warrior. I felt that Carla and Luke's relationship was a lot more developed.
Joan
I loved the storyline but didn't enjoy the continuous litany of the male main character. The same line repeated over and over was really annoying but other than that is was a fun read.
Taria Reed
The story was just ok. No joke, I didn't realize I was hearing a sex scene until I head them scream out each other's name. Talk about purple prose!!

Story - 1.75
Narrator - 2.5
Dana
Carla and Luke

This is a quick, intense read. I love how EL packs so much emotion into each character, this is an own and re-read for me. 3 stars.
Suziep11
First in the MacKenzie Series. This is the story of Luke & Carla/ It takes place in the 4 corners region and is a contemporary romance.
4.5 on a 5.0 scale
Yona
I didn't enjoy this book at all. But at least the end wasn't so bad. It was a happy finish for the story.
Lesli
Carla and Luke. Fun re-read if I have an hour. Standard 80s romance.
Carol
McKenzie/Blackthorn Series - Book II - Carla McQueen & Luke McKenzie
Jodi
Some parts I really enjoyed, some seems pretty dated.
Aimee
los sentimientos que me transmitio... todavia impactan
Dawnie
One of my favorite Elizabeth Lowell series!
Stacy
like oil and water - good book though
Cem73
Titre vf : Obsédante passion
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • The Ruby
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • Lawless (Untamed #2)
  • Flash
  • Hour of the Rose (Draycott Abbey #1)
  • Soldiers Of Fortune: Soldier Of Fortune / The Tender Stranger / Enamored
  • Cherish
  • A Cowboy's Christmas Promise
  • Killer Secrets
19051
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and one non-fiction book. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. The novels range from science fiction to historical fiction, from romance to mystery to suspense.

In 1982, Ann began publishing as Elizabeth Lowell. Under that name she has received numerous p
More about Elizabeth Lowell...
Untamed (Medieval, #1) Amber Beach (Donovan, #1) Die in Plain Sight (Rarities Unlimited, #3) Enchanted (Medieval, #3) Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)