Start by marking “George Washington” as Want to Read:
George Washington

George Washington

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery.
184 pages
Published (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about George Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George Washington

Nick
I enjoyed reading about George Washington - this bio was written almost a hundred years ago. At times it was a little dry and hard to read, but overall it was incredibly interesting - especially the section describing his final moments.
Sue22306
A good read - helps to round out who George Washington was.
Jerry Landry
A decent work on Washington's life. Certainly not the most in-depth that I've ever seen, but if you're wanting a quick overview on the life of Washington, this is one that I would recommend. If looking for something more in-depth, pick up Ron Chernow's Washington: A Life.
Marshall
I read this over July 4th weekend. This book gives a great sketch of Washington's life and social interactions. It covers his impressive career as one of the great, if not the greatest, founders. It finishes with a rather dramatic and tragic ending that I never learned about from school. Best of all this is a free digital book from Amazon.
Martin Whatwouldthefoundersthink
Good short biography of Washington. Quick to read, free for the Kindle on Amazon. I reviewed this here.
Robert
Well written. In many ways the politics of today were of Washington's time. George stands out high above all; we were fortunate to have him at that time and place.
Dickie
Brief and concise. After reviewing Thayer's reference notes, I plan on reading John Marshall's Life of George Washington next.
Kathy
Quick to read. Not too long. Reminded why George Washington was so highly revered in life, and still so honored in death.
Thomas
So far, I like Thayer's approach. The Revolutionary War is just beginning. Washington is the kind of leader this county needs.
Keith Kendall
Is it totally necessary that great men have their detractors and be vilified during their lifetime?
Dan
George Washington was "bled" 4 times the day he died. The wonders of medicine
Skyelr
Interesting but sort of a slow read.
Scott Marlowe
Concise and informative.
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Dec 23, 2014
Richard W. Cunningham
Richard W. Cunningham marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Michelle's Book
Michelle's Book marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Jferrara
Jferrara marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Santhoshkumar Settipalli
Santhoshkumar Settipalli marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Suzanne Wilson
Suzanne Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
David Leifer
David Leifer marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Age of Federalism: The Early American Republic, 1788-1800
  • The Life of Abraham Lincoln
  • Write It When I'm Gone: Remarkable Off-the-Record Conversations with Gerald R. Ford
  • The Rise And Fall Of The Confederate Government
  • The Life of Buffalo Bill: Or, the Life and Adventures of William F. Cody, As Told by Himself
  • In Pursuit of Reason: The Life of Thomas Jefferson
  • The Sage of Monticello
  • Negro President: Jefferson and the Slave Power
  • The Making of the President 1972
  • President Reagan: The Triumph of Imagination
  • Patriarch: George Washington and the New American Nation
  • Keeping Faith: Memoirs of a President
  • The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe: The U.S. Army Air Forces Against Germany in World War II
  • The Choice: How Bill Clinton Won
  • Autobiography of Thomas Jefferson
  • John Adams: A Life
  • Theodore Roosevelt: An Autobiography
William Roscoe Thayer (1859–1923) was an American author and editor who wrote about Italian history.
More about William Roscoe Thayer...
Theodore Roosevelt; an Intimate Biography George Washington: Biography The Life and Letters of John Hay, Vol. I A Short History of Venice George Washington: An Especially Insightful Biography (Carefully formatted by Timeless Classic Books)

“the American Colonies. The Seven Years' War left England” 0 likes