Start by marking “The Buzzards Are Circling, But God's Not Finished With Me Yet” as Want to Read:
The Buzzards Are Circling, But God's Not Finished With Me Yet

The Buzzards Are Circling, But God's Not Finished With Me Yet

Who couldn't use a little encouragement from time to time? In this delightful collection of stories and life lessons, you'll discover how you can experience hope, joy, and peace even in life's most trying times. In chapters such as "When the Fountain of Youth Has Rusted" and "I Know I'm Lost, but the Scenery Is Spectacular," you'll find the encouragement you need to shoo a ...more
Published November 12th 2002 by David C. Cook (first published September 12th 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about The Buzzards Are Circling, But God's Not Finished With Me Yet

Cafelilybookreviews
Apr 27, 2010 Cafelilybookreviews rated it liked it

Unfamiliar with Stan Toler, the title of this book really peaked my curiosity!

Stan Toler, senior pastor of Trinity Church of the Nazarene, shares encouragement, humor and shows us how God is still at work in our lives even when everything seems to be going wrong. The chapter titles of this book made me laugh, as I could personally relate to just about all of them.

I enjoyed his honesty in the introduction where he tells of the “buzzards” circling as he was writing this book – his mother-in-law pa
Christy Lockstein
Jul 26, 2009 Christy Lockstein rated it really liked it
The Buzzards are Circling but God's Not Finished with Me Yet by Stan Toler is a deeply insightful look at trusting the will of God told with a light touch. Toler must have taken Mary Poppin's advice "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" to heart, because he packs lots of humor as well as wisdom in this terrific book. Toler encourages readers not to give up when everything seems pointless, because God has a purpose for where we are and a plan for getting us out if we trust him. This bo ...more
Eileen Carter
Mar 25, 2014 Eileen Carter rated it it was amazing
Stan Toler provides real life scenarios to go along with the bible verses to help us understand God's always there for us. God is not done with us, until he decides. Even if things look bad, that there is no hope remember God is always in charge. He is our constant always watching over us, protecting us and providing exactly what we need. This book was wonderful, one that could be used as a Sunday school class study.
Aaron Smith
Feb 01, 2011 Aaron Smith rated it liked it
This book is very encouraging for anyone who feels that God might not be using them for much of anything. Mr. Toler's use of humor and humorous stories do a great job of illustrating certain points we may forget when we feel like there is nowhere left to turn. He has served up a great reminder that God is still at work in the world and our lives if we just let his will take the steering wheel. A very uplifting book and a good, quick read.
Judy Kobrzycki
Aug 02, 2011 Judy Kobrzycki rated it liked it
I was LOL throughout this book. Very entertaining and uplifting. I appreciated the compilation and understanding of tough times. I coould see that he was sharing from his point of view but feel he could have been more sensitive to other groups....specifically talking about marriage and not supporting those who chose to be single (also biblical). I am sharing this book today.
Susan
Sep 16, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
The Buzzards Are Circling is a cute book, Toler, using humor to guide us through God's love for us even in difficult circumstances. I bought it the day the stock market plummeted. The book gave me renewed faith and hope along with plenty of giggles. I feel better now.
Steve
May 29, 2012 Steve rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we feel down with the problems of life but the author helps you to get up with the stories both serious and funny.
Anneka
Aug 24, 2014 Anneka rated it liked it
My take away? Keep your focus on God. He has plans that you know nothing about. Trust Him to guide you.
Tolly
Apr 07, 2015 Tolly rated it really liked it
A nice upbeat read. Sometimes it is the straw that will break you, and we all have a lot of little things piling up. I enjoyed this, and the verses put into the message without being preached at.
Cone
Aug 24, 2010 Cone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
a feel-good book with truths from the Bible. Stan Toler is my kind of author,same with Patty Clairmont and Barbara Johnson
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Jarrow
Jarrow rated it liked it
May 05, 2010
Gregory
Gregory rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2013
Delbert Terry
Delbert Terry rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Brian Paterson
Brian Paterson rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Gary Bright
Gary Bright rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2012
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Daicy Ann Mei
Daicy Ann Mei rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Elaine
Dec 03, 2014 Elaine added it
A fun book of encouragement for all.
Kj
Kj rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Tammy Sims
Tammy Sims rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Shauna
Shauna rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2012
John D
John D rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2008
Becki Cusimano
Becki Cusimano rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2011
Stan Toler is senior pastor of Trinity Church of the Nazarene in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and hosts the television program, "Leadership Today." He conducts seminars throughout the U.S. as the Model Church Instructor for INJOY Ministries, a leadership development institute for pastors. He has written over 30 books and is co-author of The Year Round Church Event Book.
More about Stan Toler...