Start by marking “Organic and Chic: Cakes, Cookies, and Other Sweets That Taste as Good as They Look” as Want to Read:

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"When I bring one of my sweets into the room—whether at a wedding or an intimate dinner party—the expressions on people's faces turn that celebration into a memory I'll never forget. That's what baking should be."

Many people are coming to recognize the merits of eating organic ingredients, but the idea of "organic baked goods" may bring to mind food that is more boring th
Published June 2nd 2009 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published May 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Organic and Chic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic and Chic

Beth
Originally published at BethsBookReviews.com

I saw this on display at one of the nearby libraries that I frequent and after seeing that it was a) a cookbook and b) about desserts I immediately had to check it out.

First, the pictures are absolutely beautiful. The cakes and such are rather fussily (aka you need to actually be Martha Stewart or have the patience of a saint) decorated but they are quite stunning. The cakes themselves (undecorated) are quite reasonable for the average baker with a Kit
Melissa
This book has beautiful photography and unbelievably tasty recipes. I just made Uncle Gravy's Apple Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting, and while I had to adjust the icing recipe a bit*, it was still delicious. I can't wait to try the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Lemon-Zest Frosting or the gorgeous Lotus Cake.

Why only four stars then? While the author is all about organic everything, she uses a lot of food coloring in her icings. Granted, her cakes are beautiful, but I'm not sure that it'
Koeeoaddi
Without the "organic" in the title, 4.5 stars. Lots of pretty photos and decadently appealing recipes.

With the emphasis on organic ingredients, though, it becomes unintentionally amusing. All that natural freshly churned creamery fat, pure organic cane calories and happy free range cholesterol.
Ginger
Great cookbook with fantastic recipes and tips. Beautiful photos.
Karen
Apr 03, 2011 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
nice looking cakes to make if I baked cakes
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Min
Min marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Apr 07, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Rose
Rose is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2015
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Adelina Badalyan
Adelina Badalyan is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Sherry McGhay
Sherry McGhay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Beyu
Beyu marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 12, 2014
Alliya Lopez
Alliya Lopez marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Yudith
Yudith marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013