Start by marking “Out My Backyard: Canoeing West from Wisconsin” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Out My Backyard: Canoe...

James B. Kurz

Out My Backyard: Canoeing West from Wisconsin

In 2004, I was living in Wisconsin but was acquainted with Minnesota only from highways and with South Dakota only from pheasant hunting. I started wondering if I could actually
canoe as far as Montana! This is the full story of my 7 month canoe trip west in 2005, with 779 original pictures, some without color in the book, all on the enclosed CD in color.

By observing the co
Published April 1st 2009 by Sisters Farm Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Out My Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out My Backyard

Jonathan
Nov 13, 2010 Jonathan rated it really liked it
This is an account by a friend of mine about how he launched his canoe from his home on the Flambeau River in northern Wisconsin and made his way west to the Missouri and followed that river all the way to western Montana. For much of the trip he followed the route Louis and Clark took in the early 19th century. He was accompanied on this adventure by his dog Daisy.

The book is taken without much editing from the journal he kept, and consequently is written in a clipped almost telegraphic style.
Book and journey completed. 1 4 Jan 02, 2010 07:57PM