Start by marking “The Ghost on the Stairs (Haunted, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost on the Stairs (Haunted, #1)

The Ghost on the Stairs (Haunted #1)

Thirteen-year-old Jon and his eleven-year-old sister, Tania, are typical kids—except Tania can communicate with ghosts. Their parents also happen to be the producers of a ghost-hunter television show—and have no idea one of their own kids can see ghosts. In The Ghost on the Stairs, the brother-sister duo join forces to help reunite a newlywed couple from beyond the grave. ...more
Published August 4th 2009 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost on the Stairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost on the Stairs

Chris Eboch
Aug 26, 2009 Chris Eboch rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to Chris by: chriseboch@blarg.net
Shelves: favorites
Thirteen-year-old Jon and his eleven-year-old sister, Tania, are typical kids -- except for the fact that Tania can communicate with ghosts. Their mom and stepdad are producers of a ghost-hunter reality television show, but they have no idea that Tania possesses this ability -- and Tania wants to keep it that way.
While filming at an old hotel in Colorado, Jon and Tania find themselves trapped in a ghostly love story that happened more than a century ago. Local legend has it that a ghost bride st
Sydney
Sep 04, 2009 Sydney added it
Great choice for reluctant readers! This fast-paced mystery appeals to both boys and girls. I also loved the way a lot of scientific information was woven through the story. Really nice (yet realistic) sibling relationship as well.

I gave it to my 4th grader who easily put books down. Yesterday, she jumped up from the couch and ran to the bathroom, saying, "You were right! The chapters are so exciting. I had to pee, but I had to read the next chapter first!"

Maybe that's TMI, but it's also a prett
Karen Arendt
Aug 09, 2010 Karen Arendt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, ghosts
This ghost story book would definitely appeal to fans of suspense. Jon and Tania are on location with their stepfather and mom shooting a ghost hunting reality series. Tania sees a ghost, but no one else can. She decides she wants to help the ghost and drags Jon in with her. The story is narrated by the Jon which will help encourage boys to read it. The book ends with Jon and Tania moving onto the next shooting location that just happens to be haunted. Since there are two more books in the serie ...more
Christine Locke
A fast-paced examination of a haunting and the ghost behind it through the eyes of a logical, methodical young man who will not accept anything at face value.

Carefully crafted example of how a character can address larger issues (the complexity of parents' divorce and remarriage, grief for the death of a younger sister, fear for the health of another sibling) through a tight, logically planned examination of a smaller issue: uncovering the history behind a haunting.
Eman Zaheer
Oct 24, 2012 Eman Zaheer rated it it was amazing
This book was creepy, and also very amazing. A girl could see and communicate with ghosts! Her name is Tania and she is an 11 year old girl with a 13 year old brother, Jonathan (Jon for short). Her mother and her stepdad are the producers of a ghost hunters reality television show and do not know about Tania's talent.
Jamie
Apr 17, 2011 Jamie rated it really liked it
Yet another horror book I got into. I read a few horror books before this one. And a lot of longer novels as well. I was a bit absorbed in this book. But not completely interested. It's a nice book for ages 10-12. You can imagine this story to be in a movie someday or even a nice kid show. But I'm saying it's nice for people who like the supernatural-ghost related kind of books.
Deanna Roy
Apr 29, 2011 Deanna Roy rated it it was amazing
Great little book about a brother and sister who travel with their mom and step dad's TV show on ghosts. Surprisingly nuanced with the previous death of their little sister, making the ghost element more personal and emotional.
Jenn
Jan 14, 2010 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Left for the imagination, dangling suspense kept me drooling for more. I love a good ghost story and for a kids book I wanted more and more of this one. This took me a day and a half to read with other things going on. I want more of Chris Eboch!
Lindsey
Dec 16, 2010 Lindsey rated it liked it
This book is a wonderful slow, short chapter book that doesn't take you that long. If you have the patience to read a slow mystery/murder book than you will love this one! I would recommend this book 2nd-8th grade. I hope you read and enjoy this wonderful book.
Cindy
Nov 16, 2009 Cindy rated it liked it
Cute book. I liked the relationship of brother and sister it was very realistic. I didn't really care for the amulet part at the ending that was sorta thrown out there, and I didn't figure out how the girl knew what to do at the end but these are things as an adult I'd question and a kid wouldn't.
Catherine Nemesnyik
Feb 05, 2012 Catherine Nemesnyik rated it liked it
What would you do if your sister started seeing ghosts? An exciting, quick read sure to be enjoyed by all.
Gabrielle
Mar 30, 2011 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book, it combines two of my faverite things, ghosts and ghost hunting! Everyone should read this book because it's not scary but it does involve ghosts!!!
Stephanie
Jul 25, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This book was so fun to read. I read it during the Super Bowl. It is a quick and easy read but has a great plot. I would recommend this to kids who like ghost stories and are reluctant to read.
Chisom O
Nov 03, 2012 Chisom O rated it liked it
i didnt really like this book. i mean i wanna finish the series but its just all too predictable
Kiki
Jan 02, 2010 Kiki is currently reading it
i dont kno yet....
Thia
Jul 06, 2011 Thia rated it liked it
paranormal hunters
Karen
Jun 18, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a pretty straight-forward mystery/ghost story, with well-developed and interesting characters. In other words, it is just about perfect a Middle Grade reader.
Kendra
Jan 09, 2014 Kendra rated it liked it
C+ rating
707Amani
Sep 29, 2012 707Amani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Think it was a nice book. It was very detailed.
Caitie
May 28, 2012 Caitie marked it as to-read
BL: 4.0 - AR Pts: 5.0
April Johnson
April Johnson rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Gef
Gef rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2009
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2010
Molly Blaisdell
Molly Blaisdell rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2009
Maggiekimm
Maggiekimm rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Barbara Signorelli
Barbara Signorelli rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
alicia croy
alicia croy rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Paying
Paying rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Tania
Tania rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Devil's Sword
  • Creepy Creatures (Goosebumps Graphix, #1)
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • No Such Thing as Ghosts (Dragonbreath, #5)
  • Wishworks, Inc.
  • Brains For Lunch: A Zombie Novel in Haiku?!
  • The Timekeeper’s Moon
  • The Dead Boys
  • School Spirit (Suddenly Supernatural #1)
  • The Mystery at Disney World
  • Rules for Ghosting
  • The Birthday Room
  • Club Dread (Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Mystery II, #3)
  • Salt Water Taffy, vol. 1: The Legend of Old Salty
  • Storyteller
  • Undead Ahead (The Zombie Chasers #2)
  • The Biggest Klutz in Fifth Grade
  • Till Death Do Us Bark (43 Old Cemetery Road, #3)
Chris Eboch writes a variety of genres for all ages. Advanced Plotting helps writers identify and fix plot weaknesses.

The Genie’s Gift is a lighthearted action novel. Shy Anise seeks the Genie Shakayak to claim the Gift of Sweet Speech. How will she get past a vicious she-ghoul, a sorceress who turns people to stone, and mysterious sea monsters, when she can’t even speak in front of strangers?

The
More about Chris Eboch...

Haunted (4 books)
  • The Riverboat Phantom (Haunted, #2)
  • The Knight in the Shadows (Haunted, #3)
  • The Ghost Miner's Treasure (Haunted Series)