Start by marking “The Miracle Strip” as Want to Read:
The Miracle Strip

The Miracle Strip (Sierra Lavotini #1)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A Sexy Stripper-Sleuth Bares It All to Catch a Cold-Blooded Killer
The whip-smart Sierra Lavotini is the hottest act on Panama City's strip scene. She's the headliner at the bare-all bar, the Tiffany Club. Besides her bodacious business, Sierra's life is fairly simple. And that's the way she likes it. But when a good friend, Denise, seeks her help, Sierra's life takes a mur
Published October 15th 1999 by Minotaur Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle Strip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle Strip

True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel GibsonShooting Dirty by Jill SorensonThe Road to Hell by Jackie KesslerHell's Belles by Jackie KesslerRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Shimmy: Strippers in Romance
100th out of 103 books — 7 voters
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonOne for the Money by Janet EvanovichA is for Alibi by Sue GraftonThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithDéjà Dead by Kathy Reichs
Fearless Females
216th out of 462 books — 639 voters

More lists with this book...

Robert
Aug 12, 2013 Robert rated it really liked it
Sierra Lavotini has mountainous hooters. It’s not really relevant to the story, but I just thought I’d throw it out there, since this kind of information is important when you’re a guy. It’s mentioned early on (page four to be exact), along with the exact dimensions (38DDs), so it takes all suspense and mystery out of the equation, and I can focus on the task at hand. Which is writing my review and engaging your attention for the next few minutes or so.

What struck my attention wasn’t the cup siz
bell
Jun 17, 2015 bell rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a series like the Stephine Plum series. I found Nancy Bartholmew's "sierra" and feel this is BETTER then Stephanie Plum. Sierra needs help but can also take care of her self, whereas Stephanie has become somewhat weak as time goes on. The "stripper" character , I feel , is totally believable .
The mystery is also written better, there is actually a mystery. Granted shes not an agatha christy, it is still an easy read, but enjoyable.
Unfortunately, St. Martins, the publisher, didn
Margaret Skrivseth
Mar 11, 2013 Margaret Skrivseth rated it really liked it
This book is the first in the Sierra Lavotini mystery series. They are set in Panama City, Florida.

As a native Floridian, and from north Florida at that, I found Nancy Bartholomew's descriptions of the area and people to be believable and entertaining. I really enjoyed the confidence of the lead character, Sierra. Typically, I don't like the first novel in a series, but this one was great, and has left me eager to see the development of the characters as the series progresses.

Meg
Dec 08, 2013 Meg rated it liked it
3.5 stars. 2nd in series. Sierra Lavotini comes from a family of Philly firefighters. She is making her own way as a stripper at an "elegant" club in Panama City, Florida. A few quirky but realistic characters, nice plot lines that aren't obvious and just enough humor and violence makes this an entertaining series. Not new, so no cell phones, only dial up computer access, etc. Numbers 3 and 4 are waiting for me at my public library!
Sep 27, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
Sierra Lavotini is a beautiful exotic dancer whose friend Denise's dog is missing with a $100,000 ransom. Sierra discovers that she doesn't know very much about her friend after Denise disappears and Sierra tries to find her. This book was filled with the colorful characters in Sierra's life from the strip club and her trailer park. It was an interesting story with a fast pace.
Dundee Library
Nancy Bartholomew's Mystery series featuring stripper/detective Sierra Lavotini. They may not be as outrageously funny, but they do include quirky secondary characters, fast pacing, snappy dialog, and a sassy heroine. Start with The Miracle Strip.
Suzanne
Jul 13, 2009 Suzanne rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Krista, Jennifer, Emily
Recommended to Suzanne by: M is for Mystery Club
Shelves: mysteries
Anna
Apr 23, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series about Sierra Lavotini. She was a funny, likable, heroine with an unusual occupation. I wish that there were more books in the series or that it felt more completed.
Melissa
Jan 24, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This was a fun fast mystery. I am hoping this is not the last I will see of Sierra Lavotini.
Alissa
Nov 28, 2008 Alissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's a funny amateur sleuth mystery, for those who like Janet Evanovich type mysteries
Apr 17, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Miracle Strip (Sierra Lavotini Mysteries) by Nancy Bartholomew (1998)
Carol
Feb 11, 2011 Carol rated it liked it
New author- light-weight mystery featuring stripper in Panama City.
Stacey
Dec 08, 2006 Stacey rated it really liked it
Fun mystery/crime with a woman heroine (sort of). Fun Series
Niece
May 29, 2015 Niece rated it it was amazing
Exotic Dancer, Sierra Lavotini-funny light mystery
Chad Rohrbacher
Jul 21, 2012 Chad Rohrbacher rated it really liked it
Funny, witty, and engaging story.
Adri
Feb 21, 2012 Adri rated it liked it
3.5
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 31, 2016
David Seaman
David Seaman rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Melody
Melody added it
Jan 23, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
carlee Soto
carlee Soto rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Aliya
Aliya marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 29, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Vicky Beltz
Vicky Beltz marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
  • Batteries Required (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #4)
  • Bitch Factor
  • Devil's Food (A Loretta Kovacs Thriller, #1)
  • Bad Manners (Lilly Bennett, #1)
  • Swift Justice (A Charlie Swift Mystery #1)
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • The Fractal Murders
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Working Stiff (Sofie Metropolis, #4)
  • A Bloodhound To Die For
  • Dating is Murder
  • Wanna Get Lucky? (Lucky O'Toole #1)
  • Bikini Season
  • False Profits (Tucker Sinclair, #1)
  • Strangled Prose (Claire Malloy, #1)
  • Life Probe
  • Whole Lotta Trouble

Sierra Lavotini (4 books)
  • Drag Strip