Start by marking “Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #21)” as Want to Read:
Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #21)

Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #21)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  305 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #43: Leprechaun in Late Winter,they had lots of questions. What are leprechauns? How do we know many of the old Irish stories? How do fairies spend their time? Who speaks the Irish language? Find o
Published January 25th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Leprechauns and Irish Folklore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leprechauns and Irish Folklore

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Hiawyn OramLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlRamona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
Books for eight-year-old children
165th out of 558 books — 574 voters
Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope OsborneThe Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope OsborneMummies in the Morning by Mary Pope OsbornePirates Past Noon by Mary Pope OsborneNight of the Ninjas by Mary Pope Osborne
Best of Mary Pope Osborne
70th out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Michael
Jan 24, 2010 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Who needs a story written ABOUT some of the best stories ever? Why not just enjoy Irish folklore? Revel in the playful, and sometimes not so playful, deeds of the wee folk, whether meeting to dance beneath the stars, tearing apart houses that were built on fairy roads, or spiriting away their little hoards of gold. Learn how to find that gold, how to lift a fairy spell, and what it means when a Banshee wails outside your window.
Claudia Magana-magana
Focusing on the tales of Leprechauns, I paired this book with "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" by Natasha Wing. In the fiction book, Tim and Maureen try to capture a leprechaun with various traps. Tim and Maureen placed a coin at the end of each trap. In my nonfiction selection, leprechauns are revealed to be bankers. Leprechauns love their gold and they always keep it hidden. The author informs the reader that leprechauns are very tricky fairies. In "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day", Tim ...more
Tamara
Mar 09, 2010 Tamara rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
Pretty fun little at-a-glance summary of Irish fairy lore. Definitely written for kids, but fun for anyone - especially around St. Patrick's day.
Ms. B
Mar 21, 2015 Ms. B rated it liked it
For years, I was not 100% sure if I was Irish or not. Earlier this year I learned that my great, great grandpa really did come from Ireland. I am 1/8 Irish.
Now that I know I am Irish, I couldn't resist reading this addition to the Magic Tree House Research Guide series to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year! Anyone who is curious about Irish folklore or interested in fairies will enjoy this one. You may even become a believer in the magic of Irleand and fairies after reading this one.
Dolly
Mar 19, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read several of the non-fiction companion Research Guides and so far our girls have enjoyed them. I thought they'd really like this one, too (after all, it is about fairies and our oldest is fairy-crazy), but our oldest in particular was quite reluctant to listen to me read it. I think that she had another book in mind for me to read, but still, I thought it would be fun to read this book for St. Patrick's Day. We were able to finish this book in two readings, which is a bit fast for us, b ...more
Mar 29, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I enjoyed this book and feel that it is good introduction for kids to Irish folklore. I think it's great that it is created as a companion for the book Leprechauns in Late Winter. If a child is reading a Magic Tree House story and has questions about subjects mentioned like, "What are leprechauns,ballybogs or banshees?" then they can turn to this for information. It is written in simple language easily understandable to young kids.
Katie
A nice intro to Irish folklore for young children. Kids who are already fans of the Magic Tree House series will have an automatic in, but it's suitable for kids who are just interested in learning more about this specific subject, too. I liked it. It wasn't super compelling for an adult, but it's a great resource for its target age range.
Shannon Minner
Good companion guide to the fiction book and I love that the author makes these. What I love more is how she encourages the readers to research more and offers resources. I love the fact that she also tells readers that librarians can help them with their research. This previous sentence may be biased since I am a school librarian!
Elizabeth
Oct 07, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, non-fiction
Great for the facts part of Magic Tree House Book Club
Payton
Jan 15, 2014 Payton rated it really liked it
There are a bunch of myths about fairies.
Sydney
Jan 06, 2014 Sydney rated it it was ok
leprechauns hide their gold at the end of the rainbow but nobody can ever reach the end of the rainbow.
Lori
Dec 31, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
Children's nonfiction books sometimes provides the best information about a topic. I'm researching fairies and folklore for my novel. This is a fun read about fairies and stories in Ireland. Did you know that a leprechaun is a solitary fairy?
Blaine Nielsen
Mar 06, 2010 Blaine Nielsen rated it really liked it
this research guide toks a bout the irish peaple and how irlind came to be and a bout ther story of leprechauns fres and ather strag thing and a bout wat the fers wod do if the peaple made them mad.
Steve
Feb 09, 2010 Steve rated it liked it
I really like this book becoues of all the old Ieresr foke tale's that the book tould. I don't really like how the feres in the stores acht if some one mess with them or there tree's.
Mary
This is described as a non-fiction companion book. Yet it really is folklore. I don't know if children will know the difference. If they don't, they are going to be really scared.
Mary
Oct 18, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
Another very interesting read. It talked about the Irish belief in fairies and how leprechauns are actually fairies who hide gold and are very tricky. It talks about Irish Folklore.
Amy Burch
Dec 02, 2011 Amy Burch rated it really liked it
A great book to read to a class around St. Patrick's Day. It talks about hte history of Ireland and it's folklore on fairys and leprechauns. Kids would love this book.
Kelly
Jan 26, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it
Some of my children prefer non fiction books so these research guides are perfect for that. Interesting and well thought out. Made my youngest wan to learn more.
Brooke
What I like most about this book is the history and background it provides for Leprechaun in Late Winter. Excellent book!
Banana
May 16, 2013 Banana added it
I actually read the Clan and the Crithus by Sam Leckey but it is not on good reads
Beverly
Nov 06, 2012 Beverly rated it liked it
Shelves: j-folklore
Interesting facts and well-drawn black and white illustrations.
Theresa
Dec 01, 2013 Theresa rated it really liked it
Shelves:
where did they get the information for the books
PWRL
Jan 23, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Tina Cutshaw
Tina Cutshaw marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Treyonne Rhodes
Treyonne Rhodes rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Lars Rumpf
Lars Rumpf rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Hannah Hummel
Hannah Hummel rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Jenica E Eder
Jenica E Eder marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Crown of Wizards (Secrets of Droon # 6)
  • The Ghost of Sir Herbert Dungeonstone (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #12)
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Jamie O'Rourke and the Pooka
  • The Girl's Like Spaghetti: Why, You Can't Manage without Apostrophes!
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • Who Was Ben Franklin?
  • Horrible Harry Takes the Cake
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)