Start by marking “Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8 (Chrono Crusade, #8)” as Want to Read:
Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8 (Chrono Crusade, #8)

Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8 (Chrno Crusade #8)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  591 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Pandaemonium is dying... and with her passing, the earth is faced with the greatest threat ever, as Aion's age-old vendetta nears fruition... Only Rosette and Chrno stand between him and the world's annihilation! However, the odds are heavily stacked against them, for, the duo is up against the toughest enemy of all - time. Although the Apostles turn around and aid the two ...more
Published July 4th 2006 by ADV Manga (first published June 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chrono Crusade, Vol. 8

Ivan
Apr 13, 2013 Ivan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
After Volume 7 ended on one hell of a cliffhanger, I knew it was going to be difficult to wait until I had a chance to read the final volume, so I picked the very first opportunity I had. In an earlier review I listed Volume 6 as the best of all the series so far, and now I can say Volume 8 ranks right up there with it.

It would be kind of pointless to go over the story at this point; if you don't know what Chrno Crusade is all about, you need to go back and check out Volumes 1 and 2. Volume 8 is
Jennifer Troike
Sep 21, 2007 Jennifer Troike rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Chrno Crusade (no it's not a typo, that's how they put it on the Japanese title... it was a typo there but it got published that way, so us old school hard fans keep to it!)

If you are a fan of manga, and like good stories with lots of back drama, beautiful art, and sexy bishounen guys with wings (uh huh!), then this is a must-read. I mean, it is my absolute favorite all-time manga. And Book 8... holy crapola... It's a fitting, sad, tearjerking action packed way to end it. It's so good... and lot
Jennn
Jun 09, 2009 Jennn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2009
Alexandra
May 04, 2015 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
so much better than the anime!
Theresia
May 29, 2016 Theresia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Finally got to finish this after 10-something years. The ending punched me hard. Damn it, book, you're just slices of tree corpses; you're not supposed to make me bawl.

It's not the end of the world, but still a fitting closure for the characters--the end of their world. Most manga end in somewhat an optimistic note, but CC drains you. Just like that, a nice balance of the darkest ending possible (logical, even, if you consider the course of the whole series) and the forementioned character closu
Charlotte
Apr 11, 2013 Charlotte rated it really liked it
Well, let's give that another reread in another seven years time. And see if I still feel the same as I did now and seven years back. Also, I totally forgot about that twist ending! Pleasant to be surprised all over again. Not as pleasant to be sad all over again.

Fittingly, my reaction to the ending of the series is the ending of the series itself.
Ugly crying

So, all in all, what is the verdict after seven years? Well, I was rolling my eyes at certain manga tropes, like cat girls and panty shots. I kind of
Sophia F
Dec 09, 2013 Sophia F rated it really liked it
SPOILER OF ENDING!!!

I didn't like the ending very much, because basically Chrono LEFT Rosette for 8 years, and in her dying moments came back to say goodbye!!!! The battle of Aion I seriously doubt lasted that long, and if he was waiting it out for his injures to heal, that's not likely cuz he would do anything to see Rosette again.
SO WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?
I keep asking myself this, but I really don't know. He wasn't a 13 year old boy though, and was in his actual demon form, (but doesn't that me
Ana Barrona
May 11, 2015 Ana Barrona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
The end of the greatest manga I've ever read. I love it so much, and although I have fond memories of the show, to me nothing beats the story and character development in these books.

The cover for this book is actually wearing out because I keep re-reading it.

I won't deny that the bittersweet ending made me tear up a little but overall I was happy that in the end they got to be together again.

Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Apr 02, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! marked it as to-read
haha :)
rosexchrono forever
although rosette is supposed to be a nun, she cusses, she drinks, oh she pretty much does everything that she's not supposed to as a nun :)
she and her brother found a demon locked up by accident, as if fate was knocking at their doorsteps, the demon was chrono
after a period of time, joshua, rosette's brother, sickens, his condition worsening...and grows an urge for power. With a voice guiding him, he took chrono's demon horns for power, in which overpowering his body
His
Rachel (Sfogs)
Dec 29, 2014 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So sad and soooo BEAUTIFUL!!
Anna
Mar 08, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, romance
That ending! Why?!
Lily Zheng
Oct 06, 2012 Lily Zheng added it
Shelves: manga
Reviewing for the whole series: I loved this series it had a bit of everything for me, science fiction, action, tradgedy and a little romance? It was a great read and my proof has to be when I was working at the cash register after finishing it and I was thinking, "Chrono Crusade is awesome", and instead of saying "20 cents change" to the customer, I said "20 cents is awesome".
C'est Moi ♪
Apr 04, 2008 C'est Moi ♪ rated it liked it
Recommended to C'est Moi ♪ by: Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Shelves: random-manga
ok, so...
the only reason why i gave this volume a 3 is because I HATED THE STUPID/DEPRESSING ENDING!!! why do most anime endings have to be so sad? can't they be happy for once? IT'S CALLED BECOMING OPTIMISTIC, PEOPLE! really isn't that hard to do...

but anyways, if the ending was better and happier (same goes for the tv series), i would've gave it a 5/5. yep yep :]
Steven
May 05, 2009 Steven rated it it was amazing
Selena
Nov 20, 2011 Selena rated it it was amazing
Ah, that ending made me cry so hard. T_T *sniff*

Beautiful ending. It wraps everything up nicely. I don't want to spoil.

I remember when the American Releases went on hiatus for a while... This was worth that wait.
Zoe
May 18, 2010 Zoe rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much, but I cried a lot in the end because it was really sad!!!!!
(>O<)
Everyone should read this!!
And the art is way better than I could ever do.
Christine
Aug 11, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
First time I ever cried reading a manga. Loved the story and characters <3. But I hated how it was sad.
Steph
Jul 27, 2009 Steph rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: manga
Very sad ending, but great at the same time. I'm sad to see that this manga is over, but I'm glad I read it.
Minata
May 15, 2013 Minata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing series,
I really liked the ending
Courtney (pirogoeth)
Jul 25, 2012 Courtney (pirogoeth) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, own, 2012, shonen
It made me cry! A lot. Such a sweet ending.
TooManyFeelsToDeal
Aug 31, 2012 TooManyFeelsToDeal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
OMG the ending made me cry T-T
Kaliska
Sep 18, 2012 Kaliska rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This whole damn series made me cry.
Samuel76
May 12, 2016 Samuel76 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Serie completa 8/8
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Gigi
Gigi added it
Aug 18, 2016
Marli Wilson
Marli Wilson rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Vero Fidalgo
Vero Fidalgo rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 2
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 12
  • Silver World (Silver Sequence, #3)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 2
  • Dragon Head, Volume 2 (Dragon Head, #2)
  • Black God, Vol. 1 (Black God, #1)
  • Shakugan No Shana Vol. 2 (Shakugan No Shana, #2)
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 20
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 13 (Vampire Game, #13)

Chrno Crusade (8 books)
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 1 (Chrno Crusade, #1)
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 2 (Chrno Crusade, #2)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 3 (Chrono Crusade, #3)
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 4 (Chrno Crusade, #4)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 6 (Chrono Crusade, #6)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 7 (Chrono Crusade, #7)