Start by marking “That Holiday Feeling (Includes: Virgin River, #8 & Those Manning Men, #5)” as Want to Read:
That Holiday Feeling (Includes: Virgin River, #8 & Those Manning Men, #5)

That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River #8)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  4,634 ratings  ·  192 reviews
Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber

In this classic story, Debbie brings those Manning men and Manning sisters home for a mistletoe marriage when a single dad finally says "I do."

The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods

Will bachelor Trace Franklin become a groom-to-be by Christmastime? He sure will ... if Savannah Holiday's aunt Mae as anything to do with it.

Under the Christmas Tre
Published September 29th 2009 by Mira Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about That Holiday Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Holiday Feeling

Oct 03, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of holiday anthologies; Fans of Virgin River series
This book contains two previously released holiday stories by Debbie Macomber and Sherryl Woods, and a new release from the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr. This review is for the Robin Carr story, Under The Christmas Tree.

When Jack Sheridan's young 3 year old son David finds a box of newborn puppies under the town's 30 foot high Christmas tree, the adventure has just begun for 28 year old Annie McKenzie.

Annie's a hairdresser with her own salon in the town of Fortuna, and passing through Virgi
This is the perfect book if you want to read something sweet, simple, festive and romantic. None of the three stories are particularly meaty, but they were fun to read and just all around enjoyable.

The first novella, Silver Bells, by Debbie Macomber is part of her Manning family series as the heroine, Carrie Weston, is the daughter of one of the Mannings. Years ago, as a teenager, she's helped set her mom up with the man she ended up marrying. Now history is repeating itself. A divorced father,
Beanbag Love
The Macomber and Woods stories were pretty lame. I hadn't read anything by either of them before but I was particularly unimpressed with Macomber's contribution. Zero chemistry with that couple. And knowing that it was a story fans of one of her series had asked for (regarding a side character in a past installment) made it even worse. This story is exactly why you should be careful about requesting stories for your favorite side characters. I know I'll still do it -- as will everyone -- but nev ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Rating is for 'Under the Christmas Tree' by Robyn Carr(Virgin River, #8) only. Never read the others.

I just love this series. This was a great, sweet romantic story that brings us back to Virgin River. A handsome vet falls for a country girl hair-stylist as they work to save eight little abandoned puppies. Nathaniel Jensen was nothing short of yummy, and Annie McCarty was someone I'd very much like to be friends with. These two were great together. I only wish this story was longer as I would h
This Christmas anthology contained three short stories:

1. Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber
This was part of a series that I have not read. It was set in Seattle and the main characters were Carrie Weston (from earlier books) and Philip Lark.

Okay, short, feel-good Christmas story. Didn't make me want to rush out and find the earlier books in this series, though.

3 Stars

2. The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods

Another okay, Christmas story. Newly divorced Savannah and her young daughter moved from Flo
Jan 12, 2015 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Heartwarming Holiday Stories
Reviewed for THC Reviews
*newest review for this anthology

*Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber - Silver Bells is the final, wrap-up novella for Debbie Macomber's Those Manning Men series. Before I started reading it, I wondered who this story was about as all the Mannings had already found their HEAs. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the heroine is Carrie Weston, the daughter of Charlotte and step-daughter of Jason (Bride on the Loose). In their book, she'd been the meddling, matchmaking
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed this anthology. All the stories are set at Christmas time. Since they're short stories, the romances are simple (basic plot of 2 people meet and fall in love) and the relationships happen quickly.

1. Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber -- I had read this story a couple of years ago in another anthology. It's a cute story and the secondary characters are quite colorful.

2. The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods -- I liked the premise of the aunt setting things up before her death so that Savann
I only read the Robyn Carr story. I loved Nate and Annie. I loved how Annie was very contrary and really made Nate work to win her over. I also loved how Nate was suddenly struck dumb when he realized that he loved Annie. The glimpse into Virgin River with the puppies was fun too,especially when they were at the bar.
I got this book for the Robyn Carr/Virgin River story. I have never read anything by the other two authors, that I know of, and I really wasn't that impressed.

Romances created in a hundred pages are usually hard for me to believe, and Debbie Maccomber and Sherryl Woods' stories were no exception.

Maybe I am a little more lactose intolerant than most readers, but these stories were smothered in cheese and it was just a little too much for me to digest.

I love Christmas and I love romances, so I w
short and sweet. nice little tale.
Admittedly, I picked up this anthology for the Robyn Carr story, so I may be a bit biased.

Robyn Carr's story was very enjoyable and a happy little read. I really enjoyed it and could see myself reading it again around the Christmas season as a little pick-me-up during the hectic holiday seasons.

As for the other two stories, I really wasn't impressed. :(

So, I would give 4/5 stars for the Carr story and 2/5 to the other two stories. That is why I am giving the average score for this book a 3/5.
Katie Watkins
I love CLEAN romances. The first story was very predictable and clean, but the second story started into a very descriptive scene and I put the book down. I'm not going to finish it--I don't go for smutty books. And that's always the problem I have with romances--when I try a new author, I never know when they'll write a cute story and something I like and when they'll write something that would be "rated R."
Review for RC's Under the Christmas Tree, may double back to read the rest but I'm on a roll with Virgin River and wanted to keep to the timeline.

Solid 4.5 for what it was a Christmas Novella, if you don't have kids in your Christmas novella, puppies will do in a pinch.

Just an overall comment on the series, the women and men of this series have big hearts. The setting and that constant is what makes a reader keep coming back for more. You think, really people can be that good even when they face
I read this for the Virgin River story by Robyn Carr which was completely adorable. It starts with a three year old who crawls under a giant outdoor Christmas tree and pulls out a "bupie" otherwise known as a puppy, only days old. Turns out there are 8 of them. Annie is a farmer's daughter turned hairstylist who knows her way around puppies. Jack, owner of Virgin River's Jack's Bar, calls for the vet but it's no longer Old Doc Dempsey but rather his son, new and improved. Annie was royally screw ...more
Of this collection I have read Silver Bells By Debbie Macomber and Under the Christmas Tree By Robyn Carr. I pick this up to read Under the Christmas Tree as I am reading my way through the Virgin River Series. It was cute story about what I expect from these sorts or Christmas collections. Nice little falling in love story with puppies- who doesn’t like puppies? It is less involved than the typical Virgin River story but I expected that as it is just about a hundred pages. I was not disappointe ...more
Oct 27, 2009 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Now is the time of year when I started stepping away from all the beach reads of my spring and summer months and heading toward the Christmas books on the shelves. I can always count on some of my favorite authors having some holiday-themed stories to help me get excited about this special season.

While at the store the other day, I came across this gem, and I was immediately excited about it because it contained one of my favorite authors of the past many years, Debbie Macomber, along with two a

The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods

Under the Christmas Tree by Robyn Carr

When the folks of Virgin River discover a box of adorable puppies under the town's Christmas tree they call on
This was a great book of 3 quick read Christmas stories (around 100 pages or so per story) I really enjoyed the first two - Silver bells by Debbie macomber and the perfect holiday by Sheryl woods. What you would expect from these authors. The 3rd story under the Christmas tree by Robyn Carr should have been great as it had all the ingredients I like in a good romance but somehow just lacked something for me. All in all a really enjoyable read and will definitely read more by D Macomber in the fu ...more
I read this because, yes, I am that OCD (anal, whatever...), about reading series in order and I wanted to move on to the next book in the Virgin River series. But I didn't read the Debbie Macomber novella, because I had only read two of her Manning Family books and, well, you know....

I enjoyed the two stories I read, they were definitely worth the time. (I just wish I had actually found the time during the holidays!) Both were nice simple holiday stories.
Three fun stories from three fun authors. Enjoyed them.
I'm taking a break from the dark mystery I'm reading - so, Robyn Carr. And Debbie Macomber with Sherryl Woods. All 3 novellas are cute and fun. Reading this book mindlessly is good, because you want to be able to ignore that the only story with a reasonable character arc is Robyn Carr's "Under the Christmas Tree". Oh, and Carr includes a litter of puppies, which adds to her story's appeal. :-)
I wish publishers were more up front about repurposing stories in anthologies like this. It ended up only the third story was new. Thankfully I bought this on a huge discount so it didn't matter too much that I had already read Sheryl Woods story before (though which other anthology I haven't dug up yet). Thankfully Macomber's was new to me and I totally adored Carr's new story so it was okay. But if I had paid full price for this title I would have been very upset.

Macomber's Silver Bells - 3.5
Rating is for 'Under the Christmas Tree' by Robyn Carr (Virgin River, #8) only.

Two-haiku review:

Abandoned puppies
She and vet take care of them
Find love at Christmas

Perfect novella
With developed characters
And very nice plot

Originally read Jan. 2013
Re-read Dec. 2013
I enjoyed all 3 stories in this book, I thought All 3 were heartwarming and charming. This was the first story by Robyn Carr that I have read, and I plan to read the rest in the Virgin River series. Great book!
and I gave it 5 stars.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Ana T.
I usually save my Christmas books to read during the Holiday Season but I wanted to continue with the Virgin Rover series and this one included one of the short stories.

I did read the other two stories but the one I enjoyed the most was the Virgin River one.

Silver Bells, by Debbie Macomber
This was an OK story but it is part of a series and I feel that if I had read the series I would probably have enjoyed it more. As it is it was just ok and a bit too short for me to actually get to know and roo
Janis Lai
silver bells was alright. kinda your standard single dad with daughter, getting set up by the kid with an attractive girl type of story. obviously kid really like the girl and her mom was nonexistent. sweet but not too exciting.

the perfect holiday is better. someone the got stuck in an inn in Vermont in winter is a thing. again, single mom with attracrive rich guy situation. But this story is more heart warming.

under the Christmas tree is a little odd in my opinion. the romance between the chara
Rachel Brand
Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber
I've only read a few of Macomber's books, and most of them have actually been Christmas stories. This one made me remember how much I enjoy her writing. It was a really sweet romance, fuelled by a matchmaking daughter, and I thoroughly enjoyed it...up until the ending. The novella skipped forward to an epilogue at a really odd moment, and I felt like there should have been at least one more chapter in the novella, perhaps a situation where the hero and heroine had
Three Christmas stories in this Anthology. My overall rating: 4 Stars.

Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber - Girl helps her single dad find a wife for Christmas. Story was just OK. 3 Stars.

The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods - An old woman does matchmaking from the grave after getting a promise from a friend to spend Christmas week at her home in Vermont. He doesn't expect to find a woman has already moved in. 4 Stars.

Under the Christmas Tree by Robyn Carr. Puppies are found under the town's Christm
Robyn Carr novella only. It was ok, not a bad read but very quick about a couple of minor characters of Virgin River.
I got this book mainly to read "Under The Christmas Tree" by Robyn Carr and also read "The Perfect Holiday" by Sherryl Woods. Loved "Under The Christmas Tree" and give it 4 stars. Wish it was longer. I had never read anything by Sherryl Woods, so I would try this. The premise of the story is good and all, but the couple only know each other a couple days and they have hot and heavy sex. This did not seem to be realistic for what we learned of the heroine, she being a recently divorcée with a you ...more
  • Midnight Kiss (Includes: Virgin River, #12)
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • More Than Words, Volume 6 (Includes: Virgin River, #11.1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #9)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #10)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #11)