Mates, Dates: The Secret Story (Mates, Dates)

Mates, Dates: The Secret Story (Mates, Dates)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  22 reviews
At last the full story of Tony and Lucy’s romance can be revealed...

Lucy
Dad slowed down the car as the traffic lights changed and it was then that I saw him. A vision of boy babeness. Dark. Handsome. Chiselled jaw. My heart sped up. It did a boom banga bang in my chest.

Tony
‘So what do you think of Lucy and Izzie?’ asked Nesta.
‘Sweet,’ I said.
‘Both of them?’
‘Which is which
Published April 24th 2009 by Piccadilly Press Ltd

The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
266th out of 988 books — 341 voters
In Or Out by Claudia GabelWithering Tights by Louise RennisonKristen by Lisi HarrisonRevenge of the Wannabes by Lisi HarrisonStargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Realistic Books About Fitting In
48th out of 59 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Paula
This book was probably my favorite book from the whole Mates, Dates series. Lucy was always my favorite character (I always thought Lucy was the most down-to-Earth character from the series), so having a whole book from her point of view (and Tony's) about all the events from the series was a dream come true! I loved reading about Lucy and Tony's blossoming romance, not only was it fluffy, but it humored me quite a bit (the whole on-and-off relationship thing). I reeeeally adored this book!
Emily
This is my favourite book. I have read this book 7 or more times and I still LOVE it! It's one of those books where it doesn't matter how much you read it, it still doesn't get boring. Plus when you read it more you find that you missed some things the first time!
Sophie
Oct 13, 2012 Sophie added it
The ending. Why? I cried! Cathy why?!?! She needs to write another book for Tony and Lucy because in my mind, the story isn't finished, and I really REALLY need to know the ending. (The ending that I want obviously.) Please! Write another!
Sarah-anne Bervoets
This is such an Awesome book buti just think they carried on the whole Tony and Lucy thing a lttle too long and they shouldnt of made them just meet they should have had a longer relationship.
Amina
fun, bubly and very enjoyable book.
Smtj 4
ireally love this book
Doireann Mc Inerney
I love this book I read it when I was 13 and I still find myself reading it if I'm bored or don't have anything else to read. I haven't read any of the other mates and dates books so I have nothing to compare it to , it is completely a teenage romantic cringe worthy book would recommend it highly .
Jenn
It was nice to revisit a series I quite enjoyed when I was in high school. Although I am a sucker for a happy ending, I feel like the ending of this "secret story" was more realistic than the alternative.
Libby
The Mates, Dates series are incredible! But The Secret Story is not. It is, quite simply, Lucy's story copied straight from the book, and some dodgy bits about Tony. I couldn't read much further than 10 pages, it was too dull.
Maybe the end was interesting?
But I couldn't get that far.
Liv 'Arrow' Avery
This is truly one of the best love stories that I have ever read. It is full of humour and fun and what I like to call 'the vibe'. I recommend it to anyone who is just looking for a nice easy love story. Amazing book.
Georgia
OMG i loved this book !!!!!
Tony just sounded gorgeous and they go together so well
but i was disappointed that tony was playing Lucy .....
Amazing book x
Krisna
I really like this book, even though it was cliche...I still like it. I recommend it for people who like cliche teen love stories :)
Ruqaiyah Nizamdeen
I Loved It To Bit, Its Was Quite A While Ago When I Read It But I Still Remember It And I Want To Read It Again. Its Really Sweat
Molly
A really good book to explain the whole series of Mates, Dates..
A good endin 2 Lucy and Tony's story
bea
my fave book ever so romantic love lucy n tony 2geter<3 love evey single part in it
Fiona Neligan
Really good the minute I read he blurb I couldn't stop so I finished it in a day
Natasha
It was such an awesome book...was just looking forward to a different kind of ending
Yan Tsai Cheung
Just the think that might happen to a teenage romance life! :)
Abeer
i wanna read it again i loved it soo much man its so cute
Aklima
The Best Book Ever!!!!!!!!!!!! =] =]
Yogita
nth but it's great
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Clariposh2000
Clariposh2000 marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jesse Maxwell
Jesse Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • A Taste For It
  • Crazy in Love
  • The Matchbreaker
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • Cupid: A Tale of Love and Desire
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • All or Nothing (Chestnut Hill, #6)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 02
  • The Curse of the Ruby Necklace (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller, #5)
  • Kiss
  • Marshmallow Skye (The Chocolate Box Girls, #2)
  • Threads
  • The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love
Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1) Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2) Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4) Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9) Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)