Start by marking “Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)

Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  20,141 ratings  ·  645 reviews

Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together...

The wild cats of the forest have lived in peace and harmony for many moons -- but a doom that will change everything is coming. Strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies, danger, and a mysterious destiny.

All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of the

Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.

Mya Cari I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but I was REALLY confused when I saw that there were multiple series with the same tittle. Midnight is the…moreI'm not exactly sure what you are asking but I was REALLY confused when I saw that there were multiple series with the same tittle. Midnight is the first book in the second series the New Prophecy. I suggest you read the first series. The first book is called Into the wild and I actually just finished reading it. Rated it a 5/5.(less)
Isabella Katniss Bluestar Tris Well, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or,…moreWell, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or, as many people say the continue of the super edition Firestar's Quest but u don't have to read Firestar's Quest first.
It worths every single nanosecond of reading this, trust me.(less)

Meljean Brook
Meljean's note: This is my 9-year-old daughter's review of this book. We're kind of hard-ass parents, so we're making her write book reviews during the summer (when we let her take a break from math). She's apparently already better at reviewing than I am. :-/

1. Which book did you read?

I read Warriors: The New Prophecy: Midnight

2. Why did you choose this book?

I chose it because all the warrior books that I read in the previous series were very interesting and I wanted to keep reading the books
Haley  *on the cold winds of night you will find me*
Alrighty! I finally re-read all the New Prophecy books, with the exception of Moonrise as I don't own a copy and was too lazy to go to the library.
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Sunset). Also, another thing. Names change throughout the series as the cats grow up (a sort of Rite of Passage). For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to characters with the names they have in the f
~♥~ happinesslife

Este libro me daba un poco de cosilla por si fuera demasiado infantil para mí, pero la verdad es que la historia engancha y se lee en seguida, el libro es muy fácil de leer y nos adentramos en los clanes junto a los gatos mientras cazan y resuelven sus disputas.
El libro es bastante introductorio, podemos conocer a gatos del Clan del trueno y del río , mientras que los otros clanes quedan un poco relegados.
Me ha gustado mucho la personalidad de Zarzoso y E
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to g ...more
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite character in this book was Squirrelpaw. She kinda reminded me of the ann
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then acts like it's
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy ...more
I have only read the first 3 books of this series due to that fact that I didn't have the money to get the rest of the books. Soon I'll be starting up again.
Like for my reveiw for the 1st book of the original Warriors series, I'm going to bundle my reveiw to those I've read into one. I love this series so far, only a tiny bit less than the orginal Warriors. If I could have given this 4.5 stars I would have.

This book still focuses on Thunderclan but now it focuses on not Firestar, but his forme
Danny Phanton
Reseña completa en mi blog: La cueva de Danny.

Entretenido, muy introductorio y que le falto mucha acción que espero, con ese final, que el siguiente este mucho mejor que este porque este simplemente es muy lento.
Emily Wu
I cried for a really long time when I realized this new series was no longer in firestar's pov. Middle school me was devastated
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
I realy wanted to enjoy this book but sadly I didnt. It was a bit to childish for me now and I found it that boring that I couldnt put myself threw finishing it (i didnt even make half way)
If I was you I wouldnt read it! Thanks for reading! :)
I have not finished this book but i am almost done so i firstly will give a very brief intro. There is a new prophecy and four cats have been chosen to help save all the cats from this terrible danger. So the cat you see in front of the page is called Brambleclaw. I like Brambleclaw the best because he has almost the exact same personality as me. You won't understand what i am saying unless you know a bit about Warriors. This is the first book there are three more. So my brief summary is: Brambl ...more
This book is about a young warrior named Brambleclaw, along with six other cats, set out on a journey after receiving a sign from their ancestors. He, along with the other cats, face danger along the way of their journey. This book is simply amazing! If you like books about animals in the wild, then this book is just the one for you! Even with the amazing storyline, this book just doesn't have the same spice, for lack of a better word, than the original series. Nonetheless, this book is incredib ...more
Feb 05, 2011 Aoife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is go ...more
Dawn (& Ron)
Rating clarification 3-1/2 stars.

This is a book that my niece, Anna, said I just had to read. Now both girls have discovered these cat tales, with the youngest, Lily, reading the first Warrior book Into the Wild and they can't get enough of them. I can see why kids who like animals, and especially cats, would love these books. It allows you to get into the head of a cat (what every cat lover wants to learn), learn what their movements and gestures mean, especially those with other cats. It also
At (Austin)SOF2014
Midnight by Erin Hunter is the first book in the second series of the warriors books. In this book, the new main character is Brambleclaw, the son of Tigerstar. He and 3 other cats from each Clan have been chosen by StarClan to save the Clans of the forest. With help from 2 that were not chosen, Squirrelpaw, Firestar's daughter, and Stormfur, Graystripe's son in RiverClan.

My connection to the book is to Crowpaw, the apprentice from WindClan. He always feels angry when Brambleclaw takes charge. J
I loved Midnight! I already love the rest of the Warriors series, and this latest installment has certainly lived up to Erin Hunter’s standards. I think it’s good that Hunter has left Firestar’s point of view to the last series and has moved on to such a torn character. The descriptions were fantastic, and I loved that they were cats not people, as usual. I’m so excited to see how this tuners out, and how Brambleclaw will handle this new responsibility. And how will the leaders of the clans take ...more
J'ai craqué pour la deuxième série de la Guerre des Clans, faible je suis hahaha!

Ça fait du bien de retrouver les quatre Clans mais cette fois ci de d'autres points de vue.
Une nouvelle prophétie est annoncée et les clans se retrouvent en danger. J'ai adoré suivre les péripéties des élus. J'apprécie beaucoup Nuage d'Ecureuil et Griffe de Ronce, j'ai hâte de voir comment ils évolueront au fur et à mesure que la série avance.
Et je suis impatiente de lire la suite!!

Petits regrets: j'aurai vo
Awesomely awesome
Hunter K
Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. They meet Purdy, a kitty pet who makes him their guide on their journey. He tries to lead them in the direction of the sea but gets lost. Then when they’re in the up walkers territory they get ambushed by rats and Tawnypelt gets injured bad.

Main characters
Tawnypelt- strong from shadow clan.
Brambleclaw- big powerful tabby from thunder clan.
Stormfur- gray graystri
Caleb Price
I liked the way it brought in the prophecy's and the cats chosen to fulfill it in the prologue. At first I thought it was Firestar that received the dream from Bluestar. Instead it was sent to his old apprentice Brambleclaw( who was Bramblepaw). Once I found that out I was shocked at what I just read.
'Darkness,water,air,and sky will shake the forest to it's roots' and 'Midnight will tell you' both of those prophecies are confusing but at the end everything becomes clear. As for Midnight, she re
yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!
I got the 1st and 2nd books in the new prophecy series and when i finished reading them i couldn't wait for the next ones t arrive from the library! I am reading it for the fifth time right now! This book was really cool and i liked how the narration switched between Brambleclaw and Leafpaw. I own the complete first series and the first two of the second. I Love Warriors! I really like the Seekers Series as well!
Lanie Sanders
I loved the Warriors as a child & I've been working on rereading and reviewing them as an adult. :) series 1 was a fantastically fun trip down memory lane.

"Midnight" the 1st book of the "new prophecy" series however was not as fun as the 1st series.

It wasn't the writing. Or the adventure. The plot & writing are good. Destruction coming? A quest to save everything & everyone the cats love? Great simple basis for a great kids series. We even get a brand new cast of characters: the sec
Taylor Freeman
I loved this book the starting of a new series always excites me, I've read this book twice already, each time I well up with my own adventure pressure. It shows how well you can get along with enemies and close rivals, how you might have to trust a stranger to get you through things and so on (geez, I hope I'm not thinking of a differnt book in the series by accident)
Aarduser3 Arduser
Brambleclaw wants to do what's right for his clan, but when Starclan sends him a message to leave the clan and travel with others from other clans, he debates whether it's true and if he really wants to risk anything. So he goes with the other 3 chosen cats and 2 other tag alongs. Then they listen to the new prophecy of Midnight.
Emily White
This book was a bedtime selection for my seven year old son that took us weeks to read, one chapter a night (give or take), minus the nights we skipped due to collective tiredness. I thought that the story might be a little scary for him – it’s really a middle school chapter book and he is in 1st grade, but he insisted because the book’s main characters are all cats, and cats are his favorite animals. These particular cats are feral (in our terms – in their terms they are living their lives the ...more
New adventures for the next generation of cats after Firestar, Graystripe, Sandstorm, Mistyfoot and etc. Hmm. So I guess the super edition books are mostly about the generation before Firestar that included Bluestar, Crookedstar, Tallstar, Yellowfang and Oakheart. We get to see Ravenpaw again and we do love him, but perhaps he needs a mate and some kits of his own?

(view spoiler)
This is the first book of the second series. The book is about 3 cats who have a prophecy. The prophecy is that one day they will be the most powerfull cats to ever walk in their world. I think in the end of the second part the prophecy is going to be fulfilled. This is a fiction book because it has talking cats in groups. I still liked it.
Starting this book is always a bit of a shock, since this is the first time we've ever had a Warriors book not being narrated by our beloved Firestar. After that though, it's a fairly good book. Of course, being the first book in a new series, it more or less has to establish itself, and being a long time dedicated Warriors fan, that always seems a little tedious to me.

However along with Brambleclaw, Leafpaw gets a few chapters dedicated to her. She's very different from Firestar and Brambleclaw
Warrior Cats Fore...: Midnight [#1] 21 13 Jul 28, 2014 09:14AM
So why do you like Midnight? 1 4 Jul 19, 2014 07:38AM
Does anyone else think this book would be better if it was focused on Firestar still? 33 107 Jul 08, 2014 08:27AM
Do you like this Warriors books better than the others? 15 29 Jan 03, 2014 06:27PM
Who is your favorite character? 19 35 Nov 21, 2013 01:23PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Midnight 1 2 Aug 23, 2013 04:37PM
All Things Warrio...: Midnight (book 1) **spoilers** 1 5 Nov 04, 2012 12:21AM
  • The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)
  • Tabby in the Tub (Animal Ark, #29)
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • Fell (The Sight, #2)
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

9 trivia questions
6 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Yes, O Great One, I shall do as you command. Then when we come back empty-pawed, you'll admit I was right."
- Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw”
“Can nothing change what is about to happen” 67 likes