Making Magic

Making Magic

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When Tommy boasted to his college friends that he could find out their professor's secrets, his only goal was to win a bet. In the sultry heat of New Orleans, the mysterious and eccentric teacher seemed like an easy mark to the precocious young man. But when all Elliott's far-fetched talk of energy and power had an actual physical effect on the college student, his opinion...more
Published May 2008 by Phaze Books

To ask other readers questions about Making Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Magic

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCollision Course by K.A. MitchellA Matter of Time by Mary CalmesStrawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. Maxfield
Favorite Gay Twinks
161st out of 269 books — 221 voters
Muscling Through by J.L. MerrowSno Ho by Ethan DayClear Water by Amy LaneOne of Those Days by Zathyn PriestCaught Running by Madeleine Urban
Best Gay Light-Hearted Romance
199th out of 235 books — 287 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Making Magic by Jade Falconer was a fast and easy read for me. Sometimes I don’t want a lot of conflict or angst in every story I read. It’s good to kick back and relax by reading a quick and fulfilling love story.

Tommy hasn’t been attending college in New Orleans very long. Tommy is cute, sexy and too precocious for his own good. When Tommy sets his mind on something, he gets it.

There are several reasons Tommy loves his witchcraft class. Of course, learning the history of black magic and Vood...more
Elisa Rolle
Tommy is a brat. You can't describe him with any other words. He is 18 years old and a freshman in college and he likes a lot to flirt with every male that caught his eyes. Straight, gay, they are all the same for him, the important thing is that they should be handsome and maybe a bit rough: Tommy likes to be ordered around.

When one of his friends dares him to seduce their professor, Tommy accepts, and then he finds the professor pretty hot, so he doesn't see any harm in doing so. Elliot teach...more
Serena Yates
Tommy is studying witchcraft at a college in New Orleans. He is very attracted to his professor, Elliot. Manipulating his way onto the older man's life becomes Tommy's goal and they begind to fall in love. A bet with a classmate almost makes Tommy lose everything, but luckily love prevails in hte end.
Jenna Byrnes
Very nice, hot read! Great for m/m fans.
Sophie
Oh... I wish I could like this more. The sex-magic is kinda fun, and I do like Tommy's spirit.

But from a technical standpoint, I'm a little annoyed. The story opens announcing that Tommy is in his first college semester. Presumably that makes him 18 - but he has no problem getting a beer at a club, and later his lover boy professor rationalizes that Tommy is over 21. The sex is surprisingly repetitive, and I also have to ask, what kind of university offers classes on witchcraft (in a literal, h...more
Jojo
This was cute and sexy and very Halloween appropriate... graveyards and magic and black robes. I'm in support of these things. And I loved how in control Tommy thought he was. He was such a player, so full of himself... and then, just not at all. He was completely swept away. That was beautiful. I think the story could have had more depth of emotion, but it was short and sweet and thoroughly enjoyable.
Sean
I really enjoyed this story. It was beautiful written. The plots were well balanced with sex.

Great recommendation to everyone! The magic parts felt real though! Go n buy it :)
Kellua
Jun 05, 2011 Kellua rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
sweet, short, but I only give 3 because the sex-scenes were not really long and descriptive.
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Malou Pastor
Malou Pastor marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Coffinmo
Coffinmo marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Nov 15, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Suburbancowgirl
Suburbancowgirl marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Inspired by the important things in life: beauty, love, and passion, Jade has spent several years writing erotic fiction. The forbidden nature of homoeroticism has been the basis for many megabytes of fiction that has delighted a wide circle of online readers.
More about Jade Falconer...
Survival Wicked Game Cold Hands, Warm... Around the World Tangled Web