'Til Death Do Us Part - Sampai Maut Memisahkan Kita

'Til Death Do Us Part - Sampai Maut Memisahkan Kita (Bailey Weggins Mystery #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  1,446 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Bailey Wiggins terkejut ketika Ashley Hanes meneleponnya. Wanita kaya raya yang dikenalnya sekilas saat sama-sama menjadi pengiring pengantin Peyton Cross itu ketakutan karena dua dari pengiring pengantin Peyton meninggal secara mencurigakan. Ia cemas dirinya akan menjadi korban berikutnya.

Mulanya Bailey menganggap ketakutan Ashley tidak beralasan, mengingat polisi tidak m...more
Published 2009 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about 'Til Death Do Us Part - Sampai Maut Memisahkan Kita

Marie

I just recently discovered this series of 'Bailey Weggins' mysteries, this book being number three. I absolutely LOVED this series. It is a light mystery read and this suited me just fine as I grew a little tired of some of the over the top, extremely graphic murder mysteries I had been reading. One critic describes this series as "Nancy Drew meets Sex and The City" and I fully agree. This series has a refreshing, contemporary feel with a murder mystery thrown in. I enjoyed Bailey's sharp, sarc...more
Magpie67
Well, I loved it! I forgot how fun this series was to read and so I will hurry to the library to get the next book.... Fast-paced, charming and delightful with just a hint of sex and intrigue. Living in the city never sounded so much fun unless you follow in Bailey Weggins footsteps as she casually solves crimes of personal nature while writing a crime column for the magazine Gloss. It does help that the author was the Editor in Chief of Cosmo for a quite a few years. Smart read and Kate White...more
Tinika
‘Til Death Do Us Part was my first Bailey Weggins Mystery and, while it did not turn me into a fan, still had much to recommend it. The writing was light and humorous, the action was steady, and there is one tremendous red herring thrown in.

Last year, Bailey had been a bridesmaid at Ashley’s society wedding. There were five other attendants and now three of them are dead. Will Bailey be next? The police are convinced it is all a coincidence; Bailey, a true crime writer by profession, cannot be...more
Dorothy
I don't know why I am so compelled to read everything Kate White writes because they are just so average
Chris
Book review:
True-crime writer and sometime-sleuth Bailey Weggins took the media and mystery worlds by storm in Kate White’s sexy and suspenseful debut novel, If Looks Could Kill, a New York Times bestseller and a Reading With Ripa Book Club selection. In Bailey’s latest outing, she takes the plunge into a world of designer wedding dresses, domestic divas, and deadly nuptial doings.

When she gets a call from Ashley Hanes on a frigid January night, Bailey’s ready to tell her she’s not pulling any o...more
Jun 03, 2010 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: jennsicurella@verizon.net
Shelves: mystery
'Til Death Do Us Part, the third book in the Bailey Weggins' series, puts Bailey in the scariest position ever - she's a bridesmaid. Making matters worse, the bride's become nasty and someone is killing off the rest of the bridesmaids. Bailey, of course, investigates.

I love this series and the whole wedding aspect made the story that much more interesting for me. 'Til Death Do Us Part is written in the same fast-paced yet light style as the previous books and with each book Kate White manages to...more
Knit Spirit
Lorsque ma belle-soeur m’a proposé de me prêter ce livre, elle m’a dit « Tu sais, c’est la même auteur que le livre que tu m’avais prêté : « Hush, ce que vous ne dites pas peut vous tuer« , c’est aussi un policier mais tu verras, c’est pas pareil« .
Et effectivement, ce n’est pas du tout pareil. Hush, c’est un « vrai » polar comme je les aime, du suspens à fond, tellement à fond qu’on a limite envie de lire le livre d’une seule traite. « Si la mort nous sépare », c’est différent, il y a bien du s...more
Emmanuelle
Après avoir lu, Crimes et volupté, je me suis lancé dans Si la mort nous sépare. Il s'agissait bien d'une suite même si les différents livres peuvent se lire de façon autonome.

Le génie de Kate White a de nouveau agi, en effet jusqu'à la fin de ma lecture je n'avais pas découvert l'assassin qui menaçait notre journaliste préférée, Bailey Weggins. Entre histoire d'amour mouvementée et menaces de mort, la vie de celle-ci est chaotique mais c'est tellement agréable!! Une chose est sûre : vous n'acce...more
Michelle Robinson
I was enthusiastic to find a new mystery novelist to read.
This novel is pretty good. I was still trying to figure out who was commiting the murders right up until the end of the novel.

My MAJOR PROBLEM with Kate White's works is that some of the plot devices taht are used by Bailey Weggins are almost identical to SUe Grafton's charachter Kinsey Milhone, which had been around long before Ms. White. As I read more of her books I was troubled by some serious similarities between Grafton and White's...more
Kelli
I don't like Bailey. She's whiney, annoying, and doesn't so much solve the mysteries as much as harass everyone until someone finally confesses. I don't know how many more of this series that I will read.
Deborah Robb
Listened to this audio book on my travels to and from work last week. Good book. Main character, Bailey Weggins is a crime writer for a magazine. She gets a call from a friend who was a bridesmaid with her in a wedding of a mutual friend held the previous summer. 2 of the bridesmaids have died under mysterious circumstances and her friend Ashley is scared she is next. Bailey decides to investigate and in no time Ashley is the third dead bridesmaid. The police don't think the previous deaths are...more
Lindsay
All these mysteries I keep reading, are making my head hurt. To bad I've got four more sitting on my dresser waiting to be read. This book was much more interesting than the last Kate White. Bailey was a bridesmaid along with 4 (because you need 5 bridesmaids) girls and 3 of them end up dead, so Bailey is certain that she might be next. Sounded interesting. And it was for the most part, but like her last book, there were so many characters and suspects that you had no idea who the killer was. I...more
Barbara
Peyton Cross is a wannabe Martha Stewart. Her new rich hubby is funding her thriving business, but there's something wrong. The bridesmaids from Peyton's recent wedding are mysteriously dying. Protagonist/true-crime writer/bridesmaid Bailey Weggins thinks she might be next.

Of course, Bailey isn't going to go down without a fight, and she does her best to find the killer and their motive.

Not a bad mystery. Bailey's character is very likeable, but the action in this book was a tad too slow for m...more
Meg Hicks
Another wonderfully weaved Bailey Weggins story, with Kate White's talent for twisting and turning at the very end to keep the reader enthralled and in the dark. I do love that not only do we, as readers, get a glimpse of Bailey's life as a writer and New York resident, but every tale seems to take us to a new and interesting place. 'Til Death Do Us Part takes us to Greenwich, Connecticut and into the realm of Peyton Cross, a Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart domestic goddess. It's always interesti...more
Danni
Library ebook. Complicated story. Kept you guessing.
Judy
Fun summer read! Love this series.
Kim
I had a really hard time with trying to decide whether to give this 3 or 4 stars. In the end, I went with 4, because I felt it was closer to 4 stars than 3. I thought this was a good mystery in that it made you suspect many different people, but something about the end was very anticlimatic for me, and I just felt like the story ended very abruptly. Kind of like the author just got sick of writing the book and said, "the end." But it was a decent book and I would definitely read other novels by...more
Lauren Fidler

this is probably the weakest in the series by far. the murderer is painstakingly obvious - although, in fairness to white, she manages to pull off an almost nifty bait-and-switch with the red herring. of course, when it happened, it just made me mad that the motive made no sense whatsoever and then i kept thinking about how stupid bailey was afterwards. so maybe more harm than good???

i won't go on and on - in some ways, if you've read one, you've read them all. but i'm still hooked.
Pamela
This was my first Bailey Weggins mystery, and I read it in one evening--couldn't put it down. The main character is a crime writer who investigates and lives near an older man who frequently cooks for her---sound like Sue Grafton? Yes, and it is a great beach read, but I had to give it high marks because of the narrative voice and the fast pace with a satisfying ending. How nice to have a book grab and thoroughly entertain!
Catherine
I wasn't expecting much from this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. Kate White is the editor of Cosmo - so I wouldn't say that her prose is the most artful, but the plot of this book was engaging, the main character, Bailey Weggins, was compelling, and the Ms. White kept me guessing about the killer until the end of the book. All in all, if you are looking for a fun, light read and you like mysteries, I would recommend this book.
Mahareni Maldini
Suspense-nya boleh-lah.Setiap investigasi Bailey dg para tokoh2 d buku ini dcritakn dg detail,smp daku bnr2 gak sbar mmbacanya.Ini kpan sih ngambil ksimpulannyaaaaa,omelku tiap kli Bailey pindah mwawancarai tkoh yg lain.
Brhub keknya ini crita brseri,jadi endingnya agak mnggantung.Kcewa sih,coz daku brharap Bailey balikan sm Jack.Trnyata.....
Cynthiaj
Picked up the audio book version on loan. Found the plot was a bit too contrived and a number of the characterizations bland. I would probably give this one 2 and a half stars if I could. But it definitely isn't a 3 star story. It is actually the third in a series featuring the protagonist. But I am not running out to find numbers 1 and 2.
Sherry
This was the 1st Kate White book I've read. She is easy to read and she writes with some humor. The story was intriging, I didn't figure out who the culprit was. However, I'm not sure I really likedthe protaganist. I may read a 2nd book to make up my mind. I do recommend this book to anyone who likes an easy to read mystery.
Jeanette Nicole
This was a cute book. It's my first time reading anything by White, but I did enjoy it. A fast read, but it kept me interested. It's definitely a page turner. I thought I knew who the killer was at many different points, but ultimately ended up being wrong, which (if I'm behind honest) kinda surprised me, ha!
Stefanie
I had this one figured out then talked myself out of it, then decided it was someone totally different. I should have stayed with my gut.

It did keep me guessing. Again, it is nothing deep, but if you're looking for a 'light' mystery that you can breeze through, this series may be what you seek.
Marianne Jay
If you want to just chill with a book that you don't have to think about this series is wonderful.

Bailey Wiggens is completely charming and her adventures never fail to make me smile.

This series is not only a great beach read, but also good for those cold winter days when you are curled under a blanket
Christi
Finally! a chick lit heroine who isn't a complete screw-up waiting for her big break, her prince, her boss to understand her...
I liked the main character a lot. The mystery had a nice pace and kept me guessing the identity of the murderer throughout the book. I was completely wrong! Great ending.
Lain
Another great mystery by Kate White. It's so nice to read about an amateur detective who has a sense of style and a sex life. Well-plotted and fast-paced, this book -- like all the Kate White mysteries -- will keep you guessing until the end. Great balance of character and action. Nice!
Dana
One of the best suspense books i have read in a long time. Kept me coming back for more, did not know the killer until it was announced. Gave it to my picky daughter Nicole, it was that good. She doesnt like anything, shes new to murder! So this was the perfect book to give her!
Alethea
Witty and wry, Bailey's back sleuthing - this time brought into the fray after serving as a bridesmaid in a wedding. Snappy prose, a little like Sex in the City takes up sleuthing. Fun mix of female sleuths and chick lit - a good beach read.
  • The Girl Next Door
  • Silver Scream (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #18)
  • Multiple Choice
  • Vertical Coffin (Shane Scully, #4)
  • The Kills (Alexandra Cooper, #6)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #3)
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)
  • Fat Chance
  • Tell Me No Secrets
  • The Morning Show Murders (Billy Blessing, #1)
  • Dangerous Temptation (Daughters of Myth #1)
  • Angel's Tip (Ellie Hatcher #2)
  • The Marrying Game: A Novel
  • The Body in the Lighthouse
  • Shelly Laurenston Bundle: Big Bad Beast, the Mane Event, the Beast in Him
  • Hollywood Secrets (Hollywood Headlines, #2)
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of nine works of fiction—six Bailey Weggins mysteries and three suspense novels, including her latest, EYES ON YOU. For fourteen years she was the editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beauty closet!), she decided to leave in late 2013 to concentrate full time on being an author.

Her books have recei...more
More about Kate White...
If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1) The Sixes A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2) Hush Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)