Start by marking “Darling Brat (Melt My Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Darling Brat (Melt My Heart, #2)

Darling Brat (Melt My Heart #2)

Architect Mark Bartel returns home from a business trip to an unexpected surprise. His lover of six months’ duration surprises him with a piece of land and a proposition. Joe wants them to build their own house and move in together.

After a tour of the property, Mark's enthusiastic acceptance of Joe's plan has the sexy carpenter wanting to officially christen the place as t
Published April 2008 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Darling Brat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darling Brat

Vio
Jun 09, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
Pleasantly surprised a great follow up to aThaw in Winter! I still love these guys so much and I am very happy we got a bit more of their dreamy romance its a worthy sequel that resolves a big issue that was left hanging in the previous book Joe to the rescue!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
It's a sweet story, but I was a bit reluctant to read it because of the title.
Unfortunately I was right, it is a major pet peeve of mine to call and keep calling your PARTNER a brat!
I find it condescending and rude and just unacceptable.
I might have been ok with it once, but it just got to be too much for me, and I don't think Mark was a brat or behaved like one, Joe was just a dominating and overbearing , so it might have felt like that to him.
I gave it 3 *, because that's what it would have g
Ami
Apr 25, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This short story continues six months after Mark and Joe's start of relationship (book Thaw in Winter). Joe has a surprise for his lover -- and what a wonderful surprise it is. I like the scene where Mark finally takes Joe to his office and how Joe handles the problem with that d*ck nemesis of Mark.
Candice
I'm so happy that we got a follow up for these two guys, but it makes me want to read more about them.
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, owned, ebook
See my comments for Thaw in Winter...
OkayKim
May 10, 2017 OkayKim rated it liked it
3.5
Elisa Rolle
Sequel of Thaw in Winter, it follows Mark and Joe's relationship after their return from the mountain cottage of Mark.

Mark is slowly coming out with all his friend and also with his family. Unfortunately Mark's parents seems to not accept their son: not cause he is gay, but as a son point. They are aloof and cold and Mark resents a lot this situation. And also it causes him to be a bit restrained in express his feelings to whom he loves.

But Joe has a surprise and also a proposition: he has an em
Donna
Jan 03, 2017 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
Cute follow up to Thaw in Winter! I enjoyed seeing Mark come into his own. Letting the world see who you are instead of who they think you are isn't always easy and it did my heart good to read a story where love and acceptance are the outcomes of showing the world your true shelf! And, can I just say... Mark's parents are idiots! Unfortunately, there are many parents out there who should have just passed over the possibility of having children... I will never understand how someone can have a c ...more
Beck
Jun 21, 2012 Beck rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, mm, contemporary
Mark was a prat rather than a brat. Despite the fact that he patently needed a spanking, this novel failed to deliver anything but petulance & pouting. This was an okay read but I think there is much better out there. I won't bother reading this one again.

I did bother ... wish I hadn't ... it spoils the glow left by book 1 IMO.
vLadimiR
Sep 21, 2014 vLadimiR rated it it was ok

I nice quick read about two people wanting to move in together. The romantic gesture turned sour after a bit of rough housing brought about some minor tantrums from one of the main characters, hence the title.

Not much conflict here bet enough romance to satisfy my craving for some man love.
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Doseycat
Doseycat rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2011
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Linus
Linus rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2013
Ajaddn
Ajaddn rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Arthur
Arthur rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Lea
Lea rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Mandi
Mandi rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2010
mado
mado rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Aj Gauuan
Aj Gauuan rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2012
rm2h
rm2h rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2016
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Star5girl
Star5girl rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Susanne
Susanne rated it liked it
May 02, 2011
Marguerite Long
Marguerite Long rated it it was ok
May 09, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit  (New York Cowboy #1.5)
  • One Good Year (One Good, #2)
  • A Lie I Can Live With (The Match Before Christmas #3)
  • When Love Walked In
  • Being Taught
  • Holiday Outing
  • Playing for Keeps (Unshakable, #1)
  • The Elf and Shoemaker
  • Shadow of a Wolf
  • White Flag (French Wine, #1)
  • Mann of My Dreams
  • Blind Faith
  • Get What You Need
  • Kelsey's Present
  • Go Fish
  • More Than This
  • Across the East River Bridge
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
Having been an avid reader of romance for years, and being possessed of an overactive imagination, I decided to try my hand at writing. I discovered that, like reading, writing romance has become addictive. Whether writing paranormal, contemporary or science fiction about werewolves, otherworldly creatures or the average Joe, I found the perfect creative outlet.

I enjoy life in a turn-of-the-centur
More about Kate Steele...

Melt My Heart (2 books)
  • Thaw in Winter (Melt My Heart, #1)