Start by marking “The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth” as Want to Read:
The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,062 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Is it possible to make a million dollars in only one minute?
The answer just might surprise you.

In this New York Times bestseller, Mark Victor Hansen, the mastermind behind the 65-million-copy Chicken Soup series, and Robert G. Allen, a pioneer in bestselling wealth-creation books, share their revolutionary approach to building wealth and present a powerful program for sel
Published August 4th 2009 by Crown Business (first published 2002)

Richard Stephenson
*Maybe* Recommend - see disclaimer.

There are 2 types of finance books out there: (1) soft-skills and (2) hard skills. Kiyosaki vs. Lynch. Hill vs. Graham... et cetera. This book is a "soft-skills" book. The main focus of the entire book is to get your mind and heart congruent and focused on a more successful future (however you'd like to define 'success').

You won't find stock picking secrets, market analysis, accounting tips, etc. from this book. You will find out how to set yourself up for more
Lain
Feb 26, 2011 Lain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a unique take on a book structure-- love the two-book approach. I truly enjoyed the novel portion and give it a solid four stars; the "how-to" portion was a little less impressive. I found a lot of the suggestions to be cursory at best. Plus the idea of encouraging people to jump into real estate flipping in this market seems more than a little irresponsible.

I think there's a lot of information and inspiration to be gleaned, but I found the specifics a little shallow (how do you convince p
Christine
May 19, 2009 Christine rated it it was amazing
An inspirational and lovely way to communicate both the left and right-brained reasons why this is indeed an abundant universe. Practical and inspiring. I'm going to re-read it right away and make my first million dollars. Ready, set, go...
Ramy
Dec 13, 2014 Ramy rated it really liked it
Shelves: wealth
الكتاب يأخذ 3.5 تحديدا من اصل 5

صفحات الكتاب 432...نصفهم عبارة عن كتاب و نصفهم عبارة عن رواية ...
النصف الكتاب يحاور النصف الايسر من المخ النصف المنطقى
وا لنصف الرواية من الكتاب يحاور النصف الايمن النصف العاطفى الخاص ب المشاعر
...انا قرات نصف الكتاب "الكتاب" ...المخاطب للنصف او الفص المنطقى و العقلى من المخ .....قرات 217 صفحة
و لم امس بتاتا النصف الرواية و لاا اعرف عنه شىء

الكتاب بعد كل فصل هناك صفحتين ملخصين للفصل .... بتجميع تلك الصفحات ..تستطيع قراءة ملخص سريع و مكثف للكتاب..... الكتاب و كل كتب ا
Ryan O'Connor
Oct 03, 2013 Ryan O'Connor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book more than most financial books for two reasons. 1) the split story (two books in one) and 2) if nothing else it opens your eyes to a couple of different ideas regarding money. With out letting anything out of the bag, this book brings in some other aspects of wealth than just make it and keep it. Where is your head at? What else can you do to improve your ability to make money? etc.

I amy not agree with all of the advice in this book but I really liked the ideas in it on a pe
Denis
Jan 07, 2016 Denis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with an open mind
Recommended to Denis by: Chance encounter
The One Minute Millionaire - the enlightened way to wealth, by author Mark Victor Hansen is a story that can and will transform your life destiny. Written by MV Hansen and RG Allen, it is designed to be a story, on one side, impacting the right brain thinkers and also offering analytical mental constructs for the left brain thinkers. In other words, the book is for those who like emotional content and pictures to those who like system/process type thinking. Both designs are focused on achieving ...more
Cody Ray
Feb 16, 2015 Cody Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what you might expect from a book titled "One Minute Millionaire"; most of the emphasis is placed on the subtitle, or how to become an "enlightened millionaire". This isn't your typical left-brain numbers and tactics approach to finance but rather a semi-spiritual guide to creating positive financial changes for yourself and others. The content is entirely focused on increasing income, as opposed to many financial books that are largely about decreasing expenses. The book is really cool and ...more
Peter Carey
May 20, 2016 Peter Carey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Contrite, lacking in details, too many cliches, ideas that simply can't work. This book is rubbish with a few gems. It is not a way to make a million in a minute. Their shinning example is to sell some information products via an email list of a friend who has 800,000 subscribers. Ignoring that creating the product took hundreds of hours. Other suggestions include having a millionaire friend to invest in real estate with you. Or offering $40,000 cash to a someone holding a $60,000 secondary loan ...more
Tooto
Sep 08, 2010 Tooto rated it it was amazing
مليونير في دقيقة واحدة
كتاب ذو عنوان جذاب , وفيه افكار جيده لتأسيس رأس مال بأسرع وقت
Abdola
Jun 11, 2016 Abdola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
کتابی واقعا شگفت انگیز برای کسانیکه می خواهند در آینده جز ده درصد ثروتمند جامعه باشند
Greg Starkey
Author stuck in the industrial age, conventional wisdom, not so applicable in 2011
Shelly Bishop
Feb 02, 2012 Shelly Bishop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, worth the read, great story and makes you think.
Gen
Apr 07, 2014 Gen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It really changed my life
Jodi
May 14, 2009 Jodi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was a major let-down. I enjoy reading a good finance book, even if the information is pretty common sense, but this book was very vague and spent most of its words discussing the importance of networks and and dream team to help you gain wealth. I found that it's information was not as easily implemented or clear-cut as in other finance books I've read. I recommend sticking with David Bach's simple, motivational, and easily applicable financial books.

This book actually has two parts: t
John Hawkins
The story on the right-hand side of the book was meant to be a non-linear approach to the information om the left. Actually the story in nothing more than an illustrated linear approach.

The message is clear and, in my opinion, right. And yes, a non-linear apprach is essential, but it can not be forced. That is why we have art.

Read Hamlet, but do not force it.
Russ
May 05, 2014 Russ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the material is dated. Dodd Frank and other post 2008 laws have made some of the advice obsolete but the main principles are still important. Using a fictional story to deliver the information makes the medicine go down easier.
Allison
Mar 24, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It's got some great ideas and motivational components, and though I have seen some of them in other places, they are put together well and there are a few ideas I hadn't read before. While I didn't have high hopes for the fiction part of the book, it turned out much better than I thought it would and demonstrated their theories well. I almost think the book should have elaborated some of the concepts more, but the website they have paired with it may bring that additi ...more
Autumn
The person I tutor chose to read this together. It is divided into two styles: the even pages are a fact-ridden, step-by-step guide; the odd pages a fictional narrative about a woman who uses these steps to earn a million dollars in 90 days. We read the narrative. It was alright and we got through it because we wanted to find out what happened with the woman. I learned that I do not want to be a millionaire because I have no interest in real estate, investments, or sales, which are apparently so ...more
Anthony Agonias
Oct 29, 2015 Anthony Agonias rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Could not finish this audiobook. Sounded too much like a vveerrrrryyy long-winded sales pitch. I just wasted hours listening to an advertisement.
Miranda
Mar 30, 2015 Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is SUCH a great, informational, challenging book!Anyone interested in learning the great tips of millionaires should read this book!
Mary
Oct 15, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, finance
Love this one. It's full of really practical advice and it's different than any business book you will read. One part of it is a factual informational book, the other half is a story about a mom that is trying to earn enough money to get her kids back. So you learn the lesson in two ways that hits your left brain and your right brain. Creative and logic based. If you are looking for one book that will get you on the right track to earning some serious income THIS IS THE BOOK. It covers everythin ...more
Juli
Apr 08, 2013 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be very thought provoking, and found myself frequently jotting down ideas that I can implement to help improve my standing. I highly recommend that if you do read this book, you do so 1) with a completely open mind free of preconceived expectations and 2) with a notebook at your side to jot down random idea bursts as they occur. Normally I recycle books after reading them, but this one has earned a permanent place on my bookshelf.
Jenna Glatzer
Aug 09, 2010 Jenna Glatzer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I feel a little silly admitting I'm reading this one. So far, I'm still reading it with my arms folded and an eyebrow cocked, but we'll see. I don't like the format of the novel and nonfiction book on alternating pages. Very confusing. So far I've read the novel, and am just beginning to go back and read the nonfiction part.

--ETA: Yeahh, the nonfiction part stunk, too. I found it very unrealistic. Oh well.
Jacob
Jul 26, 2008 Jacob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
This was a fun read. I was a little nervous because I had a hard time getting through Nothing Down by the same author even though his content was great. This book had no problem holding my attention. I especially like how the authors used two separate teaching techniques to teach the same wealth principles. This allows everyone to learn. I would recommend this book to everybody.
Michael
Enjoyed it but some parts came off as a little hokey. Broken down into two "books". One was a fictional story about a mother who had to raise $1,000,000 in 90 days to save her children. The story flowed but I found it a little too contrived. There are plenty of ideas in here though on how to get multiple streams of income going and how to be an "enlightened" millionaire.
Reggie Walker
Jul 24, 2011 Reggie Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I took one of Bob Allen's real estate classes with my dad back when Bob was just getting started. I really enjoyed this book. The One Minute Millionaire has both a fiction and a non-fiction side which I thought was a very creative approach to getting the message of the book across. Interesting concepts well integrated into an effective strategy.
Cecily
Jun 15, 2016 Cecily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My husband asked me to read this book. It took me a long time to really want to read it because it's not my usual book genre. But, I am so glad I read it. I read the story portion and it was enlightening, just like the title says. I loved the way that principles were taught in the story format. Genius!
Darrell
Jan 12, 2010 Darrell rated it did not like it
Shelves: worst-books-ever
Surya Winata
Jun 22, 2007 Surya Winata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who wants to be a millionaire!!
buku ini ngajarin cara-cara praktis untuk jadi milioner dan juga novel yang menarik tentang perjuangan seorang ibu untuk "membeli" anaknya dengan satu juta dolar dalam waktu 3 bulan..buat yang seneng novel, novelnya lumayan menarik ditambah nambah banyak pelajaran tentang bidang finansial..
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
  • Acres of Diamonds