Start by marking “The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth” as Want to Read:
The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  4,525 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Is it possible to make a million dollars in only one minute?
The answer just might surprise you.

In this New York Times bestseller, Mark Victor Hansen, the mastermind behind the 65-million-copy Chicken Soup series, and Robert G. Allen, a pioneer in bestselling wealth-creation books, share their revolutionary approach to building wealth and present a powerful program for sel
Published August 4th 2009 by Crown Business (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The One Minute Millionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Minute Millionaire

Lain
What a unique take on a book structure-- love the two-book approach. I truly enjoyed the novel portion and give it a solid four stars; the "how-to" portion was a little less impressive. I found a lot of the suggestions to be cursory at best. Plus the idea of encouraging people to jump into real estate flipping in this market seems more than a little irresponsible.

I think there's a lot of information and inspiration to be gleaned, but I found the specifics a little shallow (how do you convince p
Christine
An inspirational and lovely way to communicate both the left and right-brained reasons why this is indeed an abundant universe. Practical and inspiring. I'm going to re-read it right away and make my first million dollars. Ready, set, go...
Ramy
Dec 13, 2014 Ramy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: wealth
الكتاب يأخذ 3.5 تحديدا من اصل 5

صفحات الكتاب 432...نصفهم عبارة عن كتاب و نصفهم عبارة عن رواية ...
النصف الكتاب يحاور النصف الايسر من المخ النصف المنطقى
وا لنصف الرواية من الكتاب يحاور النصف الايمن النصف العاطفى الخاص ب المشاعر
...انا قرات نصف الكتاب "الكتاب" ...المخاطب للنصف او الفص المنطقى و العقلى من المخ .....قرات 217 صفحة
و لم امس بتاتا النصف الرواية و لاا اعرف عنه شىء

الكتاب بعد كل فصل هناك صفحتين ملخصين للفصل .... بتجميع تلك الصفحات ..تستطيع قراءة ملخص سريع و مكثف للكتاب..... الكتاب و كل كتب ا
Richard Stephenson
*Maybe* Recommend - see disclaimer.

There are 2 types of finance books out there: (1) soft-skills and (2) hard skills. Kiyosaki vs. Lynch. Hill vs. Graham... et cetera. This book is a "soft-skills" book. The main focus of the entire book is to get your mind and heart congruent and focused on a more successful future (however you'd like to define 'success').

You won't find stock picking secrets, market analysis, accounting tips, etc. from this book. You will find out how to set yourself up for more
Cody Ray
Not what you might expect from a book titled "One Minute Millionaire"; most of the emphasis is placed on the subtitle, or how to become an "enlightened millionaire". This isn't your typical left-brain numbers and tactics approach to finance but rather a semi-spiritual guide to creating positive financial changes for yourself and others. The content is entirely focused on increasing income, as opposed to many financial books that are largely about decreasing expenses. The book is really cool and ...more
Tooto
مليونير في دقيقة واحدة
كتاب ذو عنوان جذاب , وفيه افكار جيده لتأسيس رأس مال بأسرع وقت
Greg Starkey
Author stuck in the industrial age, conventional wisdom, not so applicable in 2011
Jodi
This book was a major let-down. I enjoy reading a good finance book, even if the information is pretty common sense, but this book was very vague and spent most of its words discussing the importance of networks and and dream team to help you gain wealth. I found that it's information was not as easily implemented or clear-cut as in other finance books I've read. I recommend sticking with David Bach's simple, motivational, and easily applicable financial books.

This book actually has two parts: t
Russ
Some of the material is dated. Dodd Frank and other post 2008 laws have made some of the advice obsolete but the main principles are still important. Using a fictional story to deliver the information makes the medicine go down easier.
Autumn
The person I tutor chose to read this together. It is divided into two styles: the even pages are a fact-ridden, step-by-step guide; the odd pages a fictional narrative about a woman who uses these steps to earn a million dollars in 90 days. We read the narrative. It was alright and we got through it because we wanted to find out what happened with the woman. I learned that I do not want to be a millionaire because I have no interest in real estate, investments, or sales, which are apparently so ...more
Miranda
This is SUCH a great, informational, challenging book!Anyone interested in learning the great tips of millionaires should read this book!
Gen
It really changed my life
Ryan O'Connor
I enjoyed this book more than most financial books for two reasons. 1) the split story (two books in one) and 2) if nothing else it opens your eyes to a couple of different ideas regarding money. With out letting anything out of the bag, this book brings in some other aspects of wealth than just make it and keep it. Where is your head at? What else can you do to improve your ability to make money? etc.

I amy not agree with all of the advice in this book but I really liked the ideas in it on a pe
Juli
I found this book to be very thought provoking, and found myself frequently jotting down ideas that I can implement to help improve my standing. I highly recommend that if you do read this book, you do so 1) with a completely open mind free of preconceived expectations and 2) with a notebook at your side to jot down random idea bursts as they occur. Normally I recycle books after reading them, but this one has earned a permanent place on my bookshelf.
Jenna Glatzer
Yes, I feel a little silly admitting I'm reading this one. So far, I'm still reading it with my arms folded and an eyebrow cocked, but we'll see. I don't like the format of the novel and nonfiction book on alternating pages. Very confusing. So far I've read the novel, and am just beginning to go back and read the nonfiction part.

--ETA: Yeahh, the nonfiction part stunk, too. I found it very unrealistic. Oh well.
Jacob
This was a fun read. I was a little nervous because I had a hard time getting through Nothing Down by the same author even though his content was great. This book had no problem holding my attention. I especially like how the authors used two separate teaching techniques to teach the same wealth principles. This allows everyone to learn. I would recommend this book to everybody.
Michael
Enjoyed it but some parts came off as a little hokey. Broken down into two "books". One was a fictional story about a mother who had to raise $1,000,000 in 90 days to save her children. The story flowed but I found it a little too contrived. There are plenty of ideas in here though on how to get multiple streams of income going and how to be an "enlightened" millionaire.
Reggie Walker
I took one of Bob Allen's real estate classes with my dad back when Bob was just getting started. I really enjoyed this book. The One Minute Millionaire has both a fiction and a non-fiction side which I thought was a very creative approach to getting the message of the book across. Interesting concepts well integrated into an effective strategy.
Darrell
Surya Winata
Jun 22, 2007 Surya Winata rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who wants to be a millionaire!!
buku ini ngajarin cara-cara praktis untuk jadi milioner dan juga novel yang menarik tentang perjuangan seorang ibu untuk "membeli" anaknya dengan satu juta dolar dalam waktu 3 bulan..buat yang seneng novel, novelnya lumayan menarik ditambah nambah banyak pelajaran tentang bidang finansial..
Beccaboodle
great financial book that is written in 2 ways. Once in a story format for us adventure right brainers, and once again with the charts, steps, and graphs for the left brain to get it done. Fun to read, and very insightful, my husband was glad I read this book. Let's make a million, Shelley!
Richie Urban
I enjoyed the book - this was a joint venture between Robert Allen & Marc Victor Hansen, the author of "Chicken Soup For The...". It's actually 2 books in one - a fiction side and a nonfiction side that is a story. Cool idea, but I preferred the more information based side.
Rachel
Mar 19, 2008 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any adult.
Recommended to Rachel by: My mother
I really liked this book. I read both books in it (it has a novel side for the right brain and then a teach you the same thing via the left brain). I read the novel first. The novel was good. I learned somethings and it kept me engaged the whole time.
Sheila
Very inspiring, motivating book. It has a novel on the right sides of the pages and non-fiction on the other. Once I got into the novel, I couldn't put it down. It left me with a strong sense that I CAN become wealthy.
Tanya
I'm a big believer in how a person's additude affects the oportunities that present themselves in that person's life. This is a great book for anyone with a mind for business or anyone self-driven for success in life
Theresa
This book is two in one. The message is told as a fictional story on all of the right side pages and as a how-to type book on all of the left side pages. I read the fiction story first and really liked it.
Suzanne Hazelton
I liked this book. A bit of a candy floss read - but I think works at a deep level. It's a parable of mindset change, and enlightened success.

There are two parts to this book, I read the "story" part.”
Keena
I was searching for a path to financial freedom and this book with it's nonfiction and fiction parts - help me begin my journey. It's a good read and has great ideas for anyone wanting to own a business.
Ryan
Ok, this is mixed book.

Its unique structure is what wins the book for me. Opposite pages are a fictional story in which the principles are being applied. Very clever, if not inspiration
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World II
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Law of Success: The 21st-Century Edition
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
Chicken Soup Teenage Soul Real Deal School Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul: 101 Stories to Celebrate, Honor, and Inspire the Nursing Profession (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications)) Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul: 101 Stories to Inspire and Warm the Hearts of Soon-To-Be Mothers Chicken Soup For The Kids Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter

“Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.” 38 likes