Start by marking “Second Sight” as Want to Read:
Second Sight

Second Sight

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Thirteen years ago, Marc did the right thing and left Pablo so his young lover could have the life he deserved. Now Marc is a successful, sought after artist. And he's blind. Pablo finally finds Marc again, and neither of them is willing to let go this time, so they begin to build a new life together. Second Sight is a moving, emotional story of how young love changes and ...more
Published August 2004 by Torquere Press (first published 2004)

Daisiemae
When I bought Second Sight by Sean Michael, I was shocked that it was over 500 pages. I knew it would take some time to read it, so I put it off. (Admittedly not the best decision I’ve ever made). I’ve been in a Sean Michael mood lately, so I decided to wipe the cobwebs off of it, and give it a try. The first thing I noticed was, when I went to list it here on goodreads; there must be two different versions for it. There’s a version that’s about 268 pages. My review is for the longer version of ...more
Wren
Sep 08, 2009 Wren rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Heavens to Murgatroyd! This book started with an interesting premise: Two teen boys - Marc is a homeless artist, Pablo is a promising student - fall in love. Marc is slowly losing his eyesight and Pablo plans to stay with him and take care of him. Pablo's mother convinces Marc to go away so Pablo can live a 'normal' life, go to a good school, etc. Marc goes, with explaining to Pablo. They are apart for 13 years. Then Pablo, now an art critic, finds Marc, now a famous sculptor (and blind). After ...more
Cindi
Nov 09, 2011 Cindi added it
Shelves: m-m, sean-michael
Wow. I honestly do not know where to start with this book. I can't rate it because I can't say I hated it but I can't say I loved it either. There is really no middle ground on this one for me.

First, I will say that there are obviously two different versions of this book. One with 200-something pages and another with a heck of a lot more. Mine was the latter. According to my laptop, there were 662 pages. That alone should have made me not read it. The last book I read with that many pages was a
S.J.D. Peterson
Sep 11, 2010 S.J.D. Peterson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, reviewed
An absolute stunning book. The relationship between Pablo and Marc will take your breath away. Michael's sometimes gets too caught up in the sex between the characters. This book is a perfection of Character development, the relationship between them and HOT sex. Highly recommend this book to everyone that is a true romantic at heart :)
Brenda (b)
Dec 18, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brenda (b) by: Daisiemae
Shelves: m-m, 2-2009-read, 1-ebooks
I knew this book was going to make me cry - that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's actually a good thing in this case. This is an emotional story of love lost and found again. I loved seeing the little snippets of their lives and watching them adjust and grow more deeply in love as time passed.
Camilla
Oct 03, 2010 Camilla rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf
I dont really know how to review this.

I liked it. But at the same time, I dont think I really should like it. This book is one of the.. um.. weirdest books I've read.. I mean.. It's quite literally one long sex scene..

Before starting this book, I read one review, where it said that the person didnt like how many times the characters told eachother "I love you". I remember thinking, that it couldnt be that bad.. Yeah.. I was wrong.. They deinitely use the word 'love' a lot.. A little too much, b
Bookwatcher
Nov 05, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: hypoglycemics
I must think... now if I write a review still angry I'll give 2 or 1 star to this book... was amazing, up to approximately 60%... them I start to get really annoyed... I like dramatic books, but this book was like eat honey with 100 cups of sugar and a gallon of vanilla... yeah... sappy
Ryan
Mar 24, 2012 Ryan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenged-hero
This book was f-ing fabulous! I enjoyed Pablo and Marc's story. This book really gives us a full circle of their lives together.
Tamela
I'm starting to have a hard time reviewing Sean Michael's work. I love the characters and the stories are so good but as is often becoming my gripe is that there is too much sex and not enough character interaction beyond that.

Sean does go farther with his character building and that is often why I'm disappointed since I would LOVE to learn so much more about the MC's. In almost every instance when the characters interact it ends in sex. That often seems to be the high points of the story... aft
Tonya
Apr 10, 2014 Tonya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to agree was sick of all the 'love' references and all the sex. There was not much depth more sex and more sex with a little story thrown in here and there. It would explore some aspects of the story line and not follow through. For example towards the end they talk about Bev harassing about the paintings done prior to Marc's going blind. It is made in reference though you never read that. You never really read about any interactions with Bev, more with her sister. While I made myself fin ...more
Gina
May 13, 2014 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-2014
The first half of the book is absolutely 5 stars, heart wrenching, tear jerking, innocent and beautiful. I love it so much and cried as much.
But the second half... Just there is too much sex in it. Some real coflicts and angst situations happen, but those become very quickly buried in sex scenes. Makeup sex, cheering-up sex, running-away-from-the-problem sex, affirmation sex, love-you-to-death sex, longing sex, compensation sex.... You name it it's thete. So in the end, it feels like those conf
Kinga
Jul 02, 2012 Kinga rated it it was ok
way too little story with way too much sex for my taste. When I start thinking things like "Oh no, not ANOTHER sex scene!" something is seriously wrong. and I thought it way too many times while reading this. It could have really been something, but after the first couple of times of reading about them devouring each other it just gets seriously boring. I felt relieved when I got to the end. "Finally!" This one just wasn't for me.
Absynthe
Jun 20, 2010 Absynthe rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, first-time
Will Parkinson
Jan 11, 2013 Will Parkinson rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I loved and hated so much about it, including the reasons for leaving behind the one you love. It hurt to see these two torn apart by prejudice and familial hatred, but it healed the anger when you find out how their separate paths brought them back together and changed them over the years.
TF
Sex Sex Sex and then more I love yous than ought to be legal. I liked the thought of this story, reunited after so many years but all it was was sex. In the end I sort of just skimmed through the blow jobs and was hoping that they would fight or something but then they would just have sex again.
Ayanna
Nov 04, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The blurb annoys me a bit. Don't tell me what to think. If I find it moving and emotional, then I'll find it moving and emotional.

The cover's odd. It looks like a modern rendition of a Heian period portrait.

The story itself...it's completely different from any of Michael's work that I've read before. It's almost abstract in its execution; there seem to be breaks in continuity which sometimes make it feel alinear.

I think part of it is that it's more along the lines of "typical" M/M, for whatever
Wish i had known this book had a shorter edition. Really liked the premise and the strong start, but it all goes downhill at 50%. The sex parade and the 3k ily's made it hard to enjoy it.

As many rewiers i found myself skimming pages to find some dialogues sex and ily free. All i found was the end of the ebook and a huge sensation of relief!!!

Im glad the author recent's books are better than the ones written a decade ago!!!!!
Kk
Oct 28, 2015 Kk rated it it was ok
While the premise of this book was good, the writing wasn't great, and the book was so long that I started skimming not even a fourth of the way in. It got to the point where it was all sex scenes and “I love you”. And the sex scenes themselves were pretty dry and unimaginative. Definitely not my favorite.
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Anyone know if/where this is available? I'd prefer info about the long (500 page) version, if anyone knows. Thanks!
Linda Boyd
The actual book read was Second Sight by Charles McCarry, but this wasn't an option I was able to post. It was very thought provoking.
Janice Cassidy
3.75stars
Jimmy Hanson
Feb 08, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it liked it
Shelves: set-aside
I'll try this one again, eventually. The thing is, Sean Michael has so much smut and so many sex scenes, that it's hard to get through his full-length novels if you're looking for any substance at all. So ... if you get tired of reading nothing but 20 sex scenes in 18 pages, it just kind of falls flat. =/
M'rella
I really enjoyed the story - it was wonderful and sweet... sans endless strings of "iloveyous", moping over the lost years and never ending sex and bad editing. I would have given the book 4.5 stars if it were about 200 pages shorter. As it is - 3 in the rating.
Claudia
Oct 13, 2010 Claudia rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. I fell in love for Marc and Pablo and their journey to achieve hapiness. Important how Sean Michael was worried in showing all the aspects of the relationship. The good ones and the hard ones. Just LOVED.
Janie
Feb 19, 2013 Janie rated it it was amazing
By far one of the most beautiful and loving stories I've read. The main characters were exceptional and so believable from start to finish. I truly could not put it down.
Virginia
This was a really sweet read about two young lovers reconnecting 13 years later. Lots of sex :) actually took away from a really good story in places.
Leah
The beginning was great and then I got lost on the smexin on every other page.
Sally halliday
Oct 28, 2012 Sally halliday rated it it was amazing
I adore this books its one of my favorites.
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Letting In the Light
  • Left of Centre
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Precious Ache
  • Off the Record
  • Eros Rising
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...