Marriage Fitness: 4 Steps to Building & Maintaining Phenomenal Love

Marriage Fitness: 4 Steps to Building & Maintaining Phenomenal Love

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Revolutionary step by step system marriage success.
Published September 25th 2004 by MarriageMax, Inc. (first published March 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Fitness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Fitness

Amanda
This is absolutely the best marriage book I have ever read. The book focuses on serving your spouse instead of focusing on being understood and communicating. This seems strange because being understood and communication is important but I also know you love the people you serve and you if someone serves you, you end up loving them and trusting them. So if you want your spouse to love you, serve them. This book is very practical and real. This is not a quick solution but an incredible one! I rea...more
Rachel
All married people should read this book. You know how everyone says marriage takes work, how vague is that. This guy breaks it down, marriage takes 5 non-essential phone call, 6 hugs, 3 yearly getaways, 1 date a week, etc. I complete agree with the idea that when your in love the problems become minor details. I never liked Mars and Venus, thought it's principles were way off, I heard the author is now divorced, I'm not surprised, maybe too much time in the cave telling his wife to understand c...more
Christen
I read this book for a discussion group. Ugh! I suppose that these techniques would be good for a couple with older children who have family near them. Plus who have a good bit of extra income. Otherwise, trying to hire a baby sitter and go out for a date EVERY WEEK, plus get away for 3 DAYS, 3 TIMES A YEAR(!) would be cost prohibitive. Also, I think his advice might work better for extroverts than introverts. I think my husband used to call me a few times a day when we were first married, and I...more
Kirsti Call
When I was working as a marriage therapist I read lots of books on this topic. This book, although somewhat simplistic and sappy at times, is an incredible resource for practical things you can do to improve your marraige. Every couple should read this and begin the 14 week marraige fitness program. It can only increase your happiness.
Todd and I have decided to read this book together. It is about making your spouse your soul mate instead of just being compatable. Very intersting concept in this book.
Rachel Roberts
This book helped me see my part in my relationship with my spouse in a whole new light. Very inspirational. I suggest reading it with your spouse.
Angela
Among my top 4 favorite resources for marriage and marriage counseling!
Megan Titensor
This was a fast, easy read with some very practical strategies for keeping "love" as the main focus of your marriage. Sounds obvious, but can be more challenging the longer you are with someone. This goes beyond communication techniques and fault to the positive side of choosing to fall in love again.
Weavre
Jun 17, 2008 Weavre rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone in a relationship
Recommended to Weavre by: Various reviewers when I looked for something like this
This wonderful little book is worth its weight in gold ... platinum ... gasoline, even!

The advice in here is strong enough to help a marriage weather a rocky point, but don't wait for that to read it and put its suggestions to use! It's written as a way to build a strong, incredible partnership in the context of any relationship, and it works--really.

And, while it's written for traditional couples, it was pretty simple to adapt while reading and apply it to my own same-sex relationship. In fact,...more
Becky
"Love is a verb" - one of the many insightful statements in this book. It's so easy to just ride in a marriage, like it's a bus that I'm taking a journey on; but in reality, successful marriages must be tended daily, more like a garden. There are many stories, lists, exercises, and encouraging examples used by the author to guide towards successful marriage. I also like that this isn't a huge tome - it's only 182 pages.
Stacey
This book was a fascinating discussion about the things that can be done to build connection in a marriage. Some of the author's theories are a bit out there such as never touching members of the opposite sex. However, there are some great activities and ideas that can be used to rebuild intimacy and/or strengthen marital connection.
Jody Mahoney
Though this book may have some valid tips for rekindling a marriage, I found it incredibly repetative and a little rediculous. I didn't find it very well written and I definitely felt it was a brag book for the author.
Carisa Crosbie
This is a GREAT book for anyone who wants to improve their marriage. Whether they already have a great marriage and want to make it even better, or are struggling in their marriage but want to make it work.
angelle
Great insights and exercises. Less complicated than a lot of marriage books. Yes, I think that most marriages could be helped by reading and applying the concepts in this book.
Helen
This is the most incredible marriage book I've ever read. It really gets at the heart of creating a wonderful relationship. I'll be reading it over and over.
Jill
It had good reminders in it and JC and I made it 3/4 the way through the book and then we fizzled and haven't finished it yet
Sam
A good way of learning how to keep your focus on what is most important. Great tips on how to keep a marriage healthy.
Practical stuff that can really make a difference. But why did he choose to put himself on the cover?
Rick
Great book. The challenge is to implement his exercises.
Andrea
Mar 05, 2011 Andrea marked it as to-read
Kirsti says to read it, so I'm going to read it!
Jessica

This is an amazing book on marriage!
Julie
Julie added it
Aug 20, 2014
Diane Cameron
Diane Cameron marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Christy Smith
Christy Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Christopher Ericksen
Christopher Ericksen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
43 Ways to Make a Good Marriage Great The Complete Marriage Fitness Workbook and Personal Journal - Plus DVD and 7 Cd Set Marriage Fitness Tele-Boot Camp