Start by marking “100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die” as Want to Read:
100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die

100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die

With traditions, records, and team lore,this lively, detailed book explores the personalities, events,and facts every Dodgers fan should know. It contains crucial informationsuch as important dates, player nicknames, memorable moments, and outstanding achievements by singular players. This guide to all things Dodgers covers the team's history in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, t ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Triumph Books

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die

Steve
May 01, 2016 Steve added it
Good
Andrew
Jul 22, 2009 Andrew rated it liked it
Russell Martin's middle-namesake is Coltrane - perfect! There's a great chapter in here on the best names in Dodger history. Good info in general, but there are way too few things "to do" included in the list. One of the best bits of inside imagery: the locker room after final 1951 game. Press was locked out for an hour. Only silence and bursts of cursing experienced. When doors opened, ripped uniforms and whiskey bottles scattered on the floor.
Angie
Jul 17, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
If you're not a Dodgers fan, I can't see you enjoying this book. But as I am a Dodgers fan, it felt like required reading. I'm glad I read it. I learned a lot about the team I didn't know before. I learned more about things I only had passing knowledge of. Not every entry is amazing and some of it feels out of date, but it was well worth my time to read.
Matt
Apr 27, 2009 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
For me, this book was definitely a five-star experience, but I'm tempering my enthusiasm because I know everyone isn't quite as passionate about the Dodgers as I am... :-) What a fun book, though! Lots of Dodgers history, interesting stories I'd never heard, and Jon Weisman's deeply human writing holding it all together...
Robyn
Oct 05, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing
I am perhaps biased, but Jon bleeds Dodgers blue, and he's a lyrical writer too! A must for Dodgers fans (and Giants fans).
Joe Davoust
Apr 23, 2016 Joe Davoust rated it really liked it
Great book, but skipped the chapter on Pee Wee Reese because I already read 99 others and don't want to die.
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
Exactly what I thought it would be. Amazed on how much I actually knew! A must read for all Dodger fans.
Bill
Dec 14, 2010 Bill rated it it was amazing
A must for Dodger fans!
Adam
Apr 29, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
Must have.
David Sayre
David Sayre marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Noah Langford
Noah Langford marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Erica Maniquis
Erica Maniquis marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Ken
Ken rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Alan  Loo
Alan Loo rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Carlos
Carlos is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2016
Kimberly D. Gomez
Kimberly D. Gomez rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Eric Dittman
Eric Dittman rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Sarah Hurtley
Sarah Hurtley rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Mayra Villalobos
Mayra Villalobos marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Monica Trotter
Monica Trotter marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Stan Higareda
Stan Higareda marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Syedfarhan
Syedfarhan marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015