Start by marking “O Segredo da Floresta (Patrícia #25)” as Want to Read:
O Segredo da Floresta (Patrícia #25)

O Segredo da Floresta (Trixie Belden #25)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  620 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Miss Trask and the Bob-Whites go camping with the Belden cousins in Idaho. The group sees what appears to be a sasquatch. The mystery deepens when the creature appears to commit a violent act. Despite possible danger, Trixie is determined to investigate.
Published 1983 by Verbo Juvenil (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about O Segredo da Floresta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Segredo da Floresta

This was a really good mystery, there was a bit of evolution mentioned in it but it kinda got proven wrong..... :) But anyway, Trixie Belden books are so good and they are so much better than the Nancy Drew Mysteries. My grandma gave me one of her books and it was so rotten, boyfriend, girlfriend, things like that, I couldn't even finish it. Trixie Belden has none of that, and they are very realistic mysteries. All in all the best mystery series like this out there, I think!
J.L. Day
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Mark Baker
Trixie and her friends are in Idaho camping with her cousins. There's a rumor that a sasquatch has been spotted in the area, and then one wanders into camp. Or does it? As strange thing keep happening, Trixie needs to figure out what is really happening.

This is a very uneven book plot wise, with a slow start but a very suspenseful second half. The characters are mostly good, except for poor Diana who comes across as a whining scaredy cat - not one of her better books. Overall, this one is okay a
My favorite books from adolescence- and I proudly owned every one. Most had the beige covers with Trixie in profile. I had to tape up the covers when they fell apart from frequent re-reads.
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
I loved reading this series. As a child, I couldn't wait to go to the bookstore with my Dad, so I could get a new Trixie Belden book.
The New York Belden's and the Bob-whites (Minus Dan) are visiting the Idaho Beldens and camping in the forest. Cap, Knut and Hallie Belden show the Bob-whites a good time, but it is soon clear something is troubling them. There have been sightings of a mysterious creature in the forest and it seems to be circling the Bob-White's camp and then Cap suddenly vanishes after a fight with the frightening beast, an old local miner called Tank vanishes too. The bob-whites, aided by Miss Trask search for ...more
April Brown
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – 1979.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more. Why does Mrs. Trask act out of character?

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight
I think I read a review of a previous Trixie describing that story's plot as "very Scooby Doo." I disagreed on that, but believe it applies to this one. The Beldens and Bob Whites go so far as to set a trap to catch the Swisher men who are impersonating a sasquatch. The Swisher's wanted to clear the forest so they could find and steal Old Tank's gold. "And they would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for those meddlin' kids (minus the dog). Zoinks! if only they'd brought along Patch an ...more
In my opinion, this was a very good book. I used to read Nancy Drew, but it feels like Nancy is hardly a person. She never gets angry and barely ever laughs or gets embarrassed or anything and she's like, completely perfect. Nancy Drew doesn't show any emotion, but Trixie Belden has spunk. Trixie has an interesting personality, gets teased by her friends and brothers, and isn't perfect. this is only the first Trixie Belden book I've read so far but I'm already in love with the series!
This book was as good last month as it was 30 years ago. Loved it.
Very fast paced, but didn't really enjoy it as there was no background as to what the kids were doing camped out in the wild like there normally is. It was just thrown straight into adventure and I found most of it quite confusing! Trixie's cousins were also really irritating!
Liked the Idaho camping trip and the Belden cousins (and an easier to like Hallie, though she still has her annoying moments). No Dan...of course. And I don't care for the whole Sasquatch storyline.
Feb 24, 2010 Kylie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: trixie belden fans
I've always been interested in the Sasquatch/Yeti/Bigfoot mystery, so it was enjoyable to watch Trixie and co tackle the mystery themselves.

Another fun mystery.
Tara Calaby
Trixie Belden was one of my earliest great media obsessions. I absolutely adored all of the books and desperately wanted to be Trixie.
Joy Gerbode
Not one of my favorites in the series, but still good fun interacting with cousins of the Belden siblings.
I loved this series of books growing up and am so glad I found them on goodreads...
I really like these books and I like that you get to meat some of Trixie Belden's family
Sasquatch- sounds like it should be right up my neck of the woods. It's a good read.
I just suggest not to read this book at night.
Malia Kirk
Malia Kirk marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Sam added it
Nov 01, 2015
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew, #38)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • Mystery of the Whale Tattoo (Hardy Boys, #47)
  • The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow (Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, #12)
  • Úrsula, a maior
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)