Start by marking “O Mistério da Montanha (Patrícia #22)” as Want to Read:
O Mistério da Montanha (Patrícia #22)

O Mistério da Montanha (Trixie Belden #22)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  625 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
When the Bob-Whites struggle to find money to pay for their car insurance, Mr Wheeler offers them a job investigating a ski lodge he is considering buying. The teenagers become involved in some strange occurrences at the lodge. Who wants them off Mead's Mountain? What isthe mystery behind the strange white-haired man in the mountain?
Paperback
Published 1982 by Verbo Juvenil (first published August 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about O Mistério da Montanha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Mistério da Montanha

J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 J.L. Day rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Meghan
Unlike the last new-to-me Trixie I read, this one did not completely suck! In fact, it is a perfectly respectable specimen of ghostwriting.

I am, however, terribly amused by the appearance of a little 1970s temporal color, to wit, a vegetarian restaurant with a folk singer performing in it.
Naomi
May 14, 2014 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
Trish
Jul 19, 2016 Trish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was never one of my favorite books of the series and after re-reading on a whim (who doesn't want to read about winter in July?), it still remains one of my least favorite stories. I'm not sure why, it just doesn't speak to me.
Mark Baker
Mar 01, 2014 Mark Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie and her friends are spending the week between Christmas and New Year's at a ski lodge in Vermont. But when they are greeted by an ominous warning, it appears there is more happening here than meets the eye. The plot is great with some twists I didn't expect - at least the first time I read it. The characters are their true selves as well. The pacing of the book could be better, but it's still one of the better of the later books.

Read my review at Carstairs Considers.
Claire
Dec 10, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
SO MANY CRIMES AGAINST PHYSICS/NATURAL LAWS and yet still very enjoyable.
Bonnie
Jul 29, 2011 Bonnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the wintery setting, and the fact that Dan is absent...of course, I really enjoy this one. The avalanche scene is amazing, the mystery is good (if slightly Scooby-Dooish) and, if nothing else, my beloved Robert Frost gets a nod. :)
Bridget
Jun 07, 2015 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so much. A teacher at school has the whole collection, so I will be playing catch up after all these years! I forgot to record when I read it so I'm totally guessing the date.
Tara Calaby
Mar 01, 2016 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie Belden was one of my earliest great media obsessions. I absolutely adored all of the books and desperately wanted to be Trixie.
Tacey
Aug 08, 2013 Tacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another suspenseful story in the series. Filled with an interesting cast of characters living on and near the mountain
K.l.
Jun 06, 2013 K.l. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, mystery, own, vintage
One of the better mysteries, especially liked the fact that my fave poet Robert Frost gother a few mentions
Miri
Jul 09, 2015 Miri marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't get a hold of this book through the library, I'll have to purchase it to read it.
Jo
Jan 31, 2012 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trixie-belden
I love the Trixie Belden books! And I really like the ones wen they are traveling!!!
Telisha
Dec 18, 2013 Telisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A 5 point star, a crazy man, cross country skiing and so much more - last minute ending.
Joy Gerbode
October 2008 ... another nice re-read ... good fun.
Amanda
1st read: 8/11/11-8/12/11
Kim
Dec 26, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
book 22
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Smriti
Smriti marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Sarah Thomas
Sarah Thomas rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Cindy Loomis-Torvi
Cindy Loomis-Torvi rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Lucretia Brattin
Lucretia Brattin rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Birdie
Birdie rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
J.H.
J.H. rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Arlene
Arlene rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
TaQuanna Toney
TaQuanna Toney marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds
  • By the Light of the Study Lamp (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Haunted Attic (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #2)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • The Sign of the Crooked Arrow (Hardy Boys, #28)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)