Start by marking “Robot Riot! (Schooling Around!)” as Want to Read:
Robot Riot! (Schooling Around!)

Robot Riot! (Schooling Around! #4)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  200 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The fourth wacky book in Andy Griffith's new Schooling Around! series.

Robots are running amok in Northwest Southeast Central school! It all started as a harmless science experiment meant to prove whether or not the new girl in school was in fact a robot. But now a robot of a different kind is chewing up the hallways and causing panic not seen in this area since Schooling A
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published April 15th 2009 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Robot Riot!, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleEclipse by Stephenie MeyerThe BFG by Roald DahlThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
wow
21st out of 74 books — 12 voters
Boy + Bot by Ame DyckmanHow to Destroy the New Girl's Killer Robot Army by Mick BogermanThe Robot King by Brian SelznickThe Jupiter Chronicles by Leonardo RamirezClink by Kelly DiPucchio
Robots For Kids
27th out of 34 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Clare Cannon
Aug 24, 2010 Clare Cannon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 7-9 years (boys)
Shelves: 04-8yrs
A cute story aimed at middle grade boys. There’s a new girl in the class who’s trying very hard to fit in. She's trying so hard that she tops the class in everything! She writes a better story than Henry (the class writer), she’s friendlier than Jenny Friendly, she draws better than Jack (the class artist), she beats Gretel in an arm wrestle, and she has a photographic memory.

The other students start to get suspicious, not only is she clever at everything but she doesn’t get jokes and never smil
Alex Wilson
This book was about a boy misunderstanding a normal girl for a robot and actually she was not a robot and also she had written a robot report that was fake and they kind of went on a mission to get another robot to fight her. They made a robot and then it broke down and one of them stayed to fix it while the others just went because it was assembly time and it said on the review this time they would destroy everybody in assembly and they made a card board robot that looked like a robot. Before t ...more
Rochelle
Apr 23, 2016 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
I read this one together with my son and he thought it was hilarious, especially toward the end. If your child loves robots, they will love this book too. It is a story of an odd school, with an odd new girl,and her struggle to fit it. And when Henry, our protagonist, reads something he shouldn't, one little misunderstanding just may bring on a disaster bigger than he ever dreamed!
Andy Griffiths is a master storyteller, and he really knows how to have fun in his stories, and what makes kids lau
The Guy
Jan 03, 2016 The Guy rated it liked it
Comedy and Action combined.
Gracychelse
Sep 12, 2014 Gracychelse rated it liked it
While not as laugh out loud funny as Andy Griffiths's Just, Bum, or Treehouse series, this was an amusing take on a comedy of errors, set in a school with a nice resolution. Would be good for classes beginning discussions of clues and inferences in texts (although there is no subtlety) Best for ages 7-10. I would not read out loud to a class.
Steph
Dec 24, 2014 Steph rated it really liked it
This author is pretty funny and has my fourth grader hooked. Perfect for that level and a fun read.
Aidan Michael
Jun 29, 2015 Aidan Michael rated it really liked it
Robotly perfect.
Andy Ly
Oct 31, 2011 Andy Ly rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This book is so good, it's about a new girl in school named Roberta. In the afternoon when she leave school, a boy named Henry so her diary, the very 1st page said "I am Roberta, my real name is Robota 1000, I am a super- intelligent and super strength robot from the future, I came here to take over the foolish human and their only peaceful planet, Earth..." Henry alert the others, and that is where I will end. So read to know what is going to happen next!
Tyshawnsof2014
This book is about how some kids are going aganist some new kid. They think she is a robot so they make a real robot to destory here. So some kid dress up into a robot suit to fight the real robot.
Can't connect to this book.
I gave this book a 3 because this book is not real and have a little bit of action. i just read this book for fun and easy to read.
ISLN (Int'l School Library Network) Singapore
Robot Riot is the best book yet. Lots of kids LOVE reading about robots and almost anyone, whether they be adult, kid, or not even human, will treasure this one. Henry accidentally discovers that the new girl, Roberta Flywheel, is a ROBOT! Henry just needs to convince his friends. But is it really going to be so easy? The short answer is no.
Holly
Mar 30, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it
I read this with my 6 year old and he loved it! Every night, he would beg for me to read just one more page:) I thought it was cute. Perfect for 6-12 year olds. I often found myself wanting to read on after my little boy was asleep.
Annaha Ibrahim
Aug 30, 2013 Annaha Ibrahim rated it liked it
My first andy griffiths books and i love it. fun to read and i really like all the characters. my favourite is mr brainfright's of course. highly recommended for school children.
Chris Dunbar
Nov 27, 2012 Chris Dunbar rated it really liked it
Middle Grade read aloud with the boys. About what you'd expect from this level of book. Well written, fun characters, and decent humor.
Dulli Ahmed
Mar 07, 2013 Dulli Ahmed rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing it is my favourite book. If you are not sure weather you should read this book or not here is your answer.
Patrick Puckridge
Feb 08, 2011 Patrick Puckridge rated it really liked it
its OK but it funny and you cant put it down 8/10
Kareena
Jun 07, 2013 Kareena rated it really liked it
it was amazing and i found it really interesting
Samir
Feb 25, 2011 Samir rated it it was amazing
Gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Gabriel
May 20, 2012 James Gabriel rated it did not like it
bad
monique Marano
monique Marano rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Luca Murphy
Luca Murphy rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Te Aorangi
Te Aorangi marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Elf Downunder
Elf Downunder rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Drew
Drew rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Tuppence Cornelius
Tuppence Cornelius rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Nicholas Stratford
Nicholas Stratford rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Spud
Spud marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Just Shocking! (Andy Griffith's Just! Series)
  • Astronomy: Out of This World!
  • Doubting Thomas
  • Bot Wars (Bot Wars, #1)
  • Rocks and Minerals: A Gem of a Read! (Basher Science)
  • Evolution: The Story of Life on Earth
  • The Big Little Book of Happy Sadness
  • Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came To Be
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Snake and Lizard
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy #3)
  • Hawkite Arrow of the Air (Beast Quest, #26)
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • The Galactic Goal (Geronimo Stilton Spacemice, #4)
  • Fly Guy's Amazing Tricks (Fly Guy, #14)
  • Infinity and Me
  • Rhyme Stew
  • Grug
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...

Schooling Around! (4 books)
  • Treasure Fever! (Schooling Around!)
  • Pencil Of Doom! (Schooling Around!)
  • Mascot Madness! (Schooling Around!)