Start by marking “Robot Riot! (Schooling Around!)” as Want to Read:
Robot Riot! (Schooling Around!)

Robot Riot! (Schooling Around! #4)

The fourth wacky book in Andy Griffith's new Schooling Around! series.

Robots are running amok in Northwest Southeast Central school! It all started as a harmless science experiment meant to prove whether or not the new girl in school was in fact a robot. But now a robot of a different kind is chewing up the hallways and causing panic not seen in this area since Schooling A
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published April 15th 2009 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Robot Riot!, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleEclipse by Stephenie MeyerThe BFG by Roald DahlThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
wow
77 books — 12 voters
Boy + Bot by Ame DyckmanHow to Destroy the New Girl's Killer Robot Army by Mick BogermanThe Robot King by Brian SelznickThat's Not My Robot... by Fiona WattThe Jupiter Chronicles by Leonardo Ramirez
Robots For Kids
35 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Clare Cannon
Jul 20, 2010 Clare Cannon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 7-9 years (boys)
Shelves: 04-8yrs
A cute story aimed at middle grade boys. There’s a new girl in the class who’s trying very hard to fit in. She's trying so hard that she tops the class in everything! She writes a better story than Henry (the class writer), she’s friendlier than Jenny Friendly, she draws better than Jack (the class artist), she beats Gretel in an arm wrestle, and she has a photographic memory.

The other students start to get suspicious, not only is she clever at everything but she doesn’t get jokes and never smil
The Guy
Jan 06, 2014 The Guy rated it liked it
Comedy and Action combined.
Alex Wilson
This book was about a boy misunderstanding a normal girl for a robot and actually she was not a robot and also she had written a robot report that was fake and they kind of went on a mission to get another robot to fight her. They made a robot and then it broke down and one of them stayed to fix it while the others just went because it was assembly time and it said on the review this time they would destroy everybody in assembly and they made a card board robot that looked like a robot. Before t ...more
Rochelle
Apr 23, 2016 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
I read this one together with my son and he thought it was hilarious, especially toward the end. If your child loves robots, they will love this book too. It is a story of an odd school, with an odd new girl,and her struggle to fit it. And when Henry, our protagonist, reads something he shouldn't, one little misunderstanding just may bring on a disaster bigger than he ever dreamed!
Andy Griffiths is a master storyteller, and he really knows how to have fun in his stories, and what makes kids lau
Andy Ly
Oct 26, 2011 Andy Ly rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This book is so good, it's about a new girl in school named Roberta. In the afternoon when she leave school, a boy named Henry so her diary, the very 1st page said "I am Roberta, my real name is Robota 1000, I am a super- intelligent and super strength robot from the future, I came here to take over the foolish human and their only peaceful planet, Earth..." Henry alert the others, and that is where I will end. So read to know what is going to happen next!
Tyshawnsof2014
This book is about how some kids are going aganist some new kid. They think she is a robot so they make a real robot to destory here. So some kid dress up into a robot suit to fight the real robot.
Can't connect to this book.
I gave this book a 3 because this book is not real and have a little bit of action. i just read this book for fun and easy to read.
Gracychelse
Sep 12, 2014 Gracychelse rated it liked it
While not as laugh out loud funny as Andy Griffiths's Just, Bum, or Treehouse series, this was an amusing take on a comedy of errors, set in a school with a nice resolution. Would be good for classes beginning discussions of clues and inferences in texts (although there is no subtlety) Best for ages 7-10. I would not read out loud to a class.
ISLN (Int'l School Library Network) Singapore
Robot Riot is the best book yet. Lots of kids LOVE reading about robots and almost anyone, whether they be adult, kid, or not even human, will treasure this one. Henry accidentally discovers that the new girl, Roberta Flywheel, is a ROBOT! Henry just needs to convince his friends. But is it really going to be so easy? The short answer is no.
Holly
Mar 30, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it
I read this with my 6 year old and he loved it! Every night, he would beg for me to read just one more page:) I thought it was cute. Perfect for 6-12 year olds. I often found myself wanting to read on after my little boy was asleep.
Dulli Ahmed
Mar 07, 2013 Dulli Ahmed rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing it is my favourite book. If you are not sure weather you should read this book or not here is your answer.
Annaha Ibrahim
Aug 30, 2013 Annaha Ibrahim rated it liked it
My first andy griffiths books and i love it. fun to read and i really like all the characters. my favourite is mr brainfright's of course. highly recommended for school children.
Chris Dunbar
Oct 28, 2012 Chris Dunbar rated it really liked it
Middle Grade read aloud with the boys. About what you'd expect from this level of book. Well written, fun characters, and decent humor.
Matthew Lloyd Gould
Matthew Lloyd Gould rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Daisy Webster
Daisy Webster rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Flinders
Flinders rated it really liked it
May 22, 2013
Robyn Donoghue
Robyn Donoghue rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Jack Hayes
Jack Hayes rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2011
Steven
Oct 18, 2016 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious book with lots of twists and turns.
Tuppence Cornelius
Tuppence Cornelius rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Sue Keay
Sue Keay rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Natasha Lumley
Natasha Lumley rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Amira
Amira rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2011
Shaun Love
Shaun Love rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Heath Cleveland
Heath Cleveland rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Tania Zaman
Tania Zaman rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
haydar m
haydar m rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Vtam
Vtam rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2011
Niko Kalo
Niko Kalo rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Li-Lian Ang
Li-Lian Ang rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Tristan
Tristan rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Just Shocking! (Andy Griffith's Just! Series)
  • Astronomy: Out of This World!
  • Doubting Thomas
  • Bot Wars (Bot Wars, #1)
  • Rocks and Minerals: A Gem of a Read! (Basher Science)
  • Evolution: The Story of Life on Earth
  • The Big Little Book of Happy Sadness
  • Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came To Be
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Snake and Lizard
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy #3)
  • Hawkite Arrow of the Air (Beast Quest, #26)
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • The Galactic Goal (Geronimo Stilton Spacemice, #4)
  • Fly Guy's Amazing Tricks (Fly Guy, #14)
  • Infinity and Me
  • Rhyme Stew
  • Grug
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...

Schooling Around! (4 books)
  • Treasure Fever! (Schooling Around!)
  • Pencil Of Doom! (Schooling Around!)
  • Mascot Madness! (Schooling Around!)