Start by marking “Nino Rico, Nino Listo / Adorable Child, Smart Child” as Want to Read:
Nino Rico, Nino Listo / Adorable Child, Smart Child

Nino Rico, Nino Listo / Adorable Child, Smart Child

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  642 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Do you value your child's education? Do you want your children to have a financial head start in life? Are you willing to take an active role to make that happen? At school, your children learn many valuable concepts, yet they are rarely taught anything about finances. Imagine if you had been taught about money and, more specifically, about how the rich got that way by gen ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Aguilar (first published January 1st 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Nino Rico, Nino Listo / Adorable Child, Smart Child

Chelsey
So I really don't like this author. He wrote Rich Dad Poor Dad and I learned some things but mostly hated it. So I was reading this book and thinking the same thing. He just has a totally different mentality than me. The thing I love about this book is that so many things he said are just so dead wrong that when he did stubble on something that was truthful, it was so bright! Then the last few chapters explain his learning styles and really helped me understand why I don't see eye to eye with hi ...more
Patrick Peterson
Jun 04, 2014 Patrick Peterson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents, kids over 9, singles, married folks with no kids
Recommended to Patrick by: Mark Skousen, Ed Ipser and many others
Loved this!

Here's one of the opening statements:
"You and I both know that when the politicians make promises to save something, the odds are it is already gone."

"Homeschooling is no longer a fringe activity. More and more parents are realizing..."

The author does have a bit of a habit of overstating some things though, but fortunately most are pretty minor. He said that "Homeschooling is growing at 15%/yr." But having been a homeschooler and looked at lots of statistics and research about it, I k
Martin Goldberg
Anyone who doesn't think the advice in this book is outstanding is kidding themselves. Discusses incredibly powerful and necessary lessons necessary for kids about money, wealth, and learning. In fact, the best part of the book is the lengthy discussion about diverse learning styles of kids and the Colby index. Great stuff.
Craig Kelley
Most of Robert's books overlap and say the same thing. This is no different it just tries to target your children as the audience. Overall I thought the book was good like the others. They are simple to read and the ideas can be a good foundation for your finances.
Alyssa
I HIGHLY recommend EVERY PARENT read this book!! These are fundamental financial principles that are not taught in school or elsewhere. If you don't teach your kids (and yourself) these principles, who will??! A quick, informative read.
Francisco Torres
Este libro es muy bueno. Recomendado para dar educación a sus hijos acerca del dinero.
Cristina Oliveras
This book changed my perception on parenting. It equipped me with the knowledge i need to guide my kids in the direction of financial security and literacy that I wouldn't have had without reading this. If you have read other books by this author, you already have the idea he is trying to express. His books are pretty repetitive and he likes to repeat the same things over and over. But each book goes slightly into deeper detail on certain subjects pertaining to fiscal literacy. This book is for ...more
Monica
This book was disappointing. There were a few nuggets of wisdom but mostly I was angered while reading. As a teacher I found that his comments on the education system simply highlighted his ignorance. He obviously has not been in a modern classroom - if he had, he would have seen children working in co-operative learning groups, doing hands-on investigative type learning, having choices based on their learning styles and learning how to learn not what to learn. Gone are the days of sitting in ro ...more
Heather Larcombe
Not a comprehensive book so much as a group of stories and suggestions to encourage parents to seek out more information. Good enough that I'll go read his other titles and see if they are similar or if they have more direct suggestions.
Rich Rennicks
Good, clear advice. Some interesting ideas and methods of teaching kids about money management rather than just saving.
Ann
Very redundant with the other books. You can skim through a lot of it. The last two chapters and appendix are the most interesting. 1. Allowances: consider what message is delivered to your kids with the allowance. That they should work for money? That they are entitled to your money? How about having certain personal and social responsibilities that are not paid for, and an allowance for other work? 2. Introduce your kids to financial language by taking them to a bank, paying bills with them, t ...more
Michael
I think this is one of my favorite books so far, and I am just in the very beginning of the book.

This novel teaches the youth of the world on how rich kids and smart kids have a different mentality of making money.

The way the author has learned this is by having to dads in his life.
One was his biological father, who was poor, and the other dad was the father of his best friend since childhood, who was a rich dad.

The author in the book tells how a successful business man has to be a risk taker
Analisa
Let me just first say that I don't agree with everything R.T.K. teaches about becoming rich. I don't like the debt aspect of it--but hey, I probably won't ever be rich because of it.

I did like how he talked about the different learning styles of children and how we need to figure out how our children learn and help them. The schools mainly cater to the "book-learners". But a lot of children don't learn best that way.

I also liked how he emphasized helping your kids be creative about earning and i
Anton Klink
I read a lot of Kiyosaky "Rich Dad" books some ten years ago so I am no longer able to distinguish between all of them. However, since I was already practising the principles preached his books, I found them to be true and quite agreed with them. My rating is based on my recollection that all of his books gave the reader no-nonsense high quality money and assets management advice and as such, I'd recommend them to anyone interested in the subject.
Tim Newman
I thin the Rich Dad books are excellent. They really drive home the possibility that there is more to life than a job. I have personally followed the advice of go to school for a good job and that advice has not lived up to its promises. My fiance' and I are excited to apply these principles to creating our own financial freedom.
Jeff
Jul 10, 2007 Jeff rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone needing a nap
Most boring book I've read in a long time. The guy is a so-called story teller, recalling stories from his rearing and how he learned from his two 'dads'. No problem there, but there is only so many times you can tell the same story with a different slant.

This book was an easy, fast read, only because you can skip pages at a time with all it's repetitiveness. Oh did I mention that this book is really repetitive?
Dena
I reread this book all of the time, as my children grow older differnt issues apply to them. Although the cover implies it is all about financial education, what I take away most from this book is about the different gifts different children have. Not all children are cut out for college (which was a shock to me) but that it is important to help your child identify their likes and gifts and how best to use them.
Lily Jung
It is worth reading. There are some concepts that one already knows,but he summarizes them into organized thoughts.

He gives interesting insight into the educational system.
He does have some good exercises for kids. He also rightly emphasizes the importance of teaching kids basic survival skills in life (e.g. Cooking) and how that will give them confidence of risk taking.
Jarrod Jenkins
Dec 02, 2008 Jarrod Jenkins rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: nonfiction
I picked this book up for 5 bucks at a used book store. I had evidently forgotten how terrible Kiyosaki is. This book reminded me. There is simply no useful information here. It is full of platitudes and banal statements that are true, obvious, and useless. E.g. Save more money than you spend; buy assets that make money instead of liabilities that drain money. Don't read it.
Ren
I agree with some of the reviews. It's the same stuff over and over, but this book is different because of how it can apply to your children. I liked all the information about the educational system and how it doesn't work for certain people because not everyone learns the same way. Very enlightening, and it helps parents understand their kid's learning styles better.
Josette
So far, I am finding this book very repetitive. There are good ideas in this book but you have to cut a lot of hay to get them. RK repeats so much from book to book and I would love the Coles note version. After scanning through sections that were not meaningful to me, I found enough valuable information that made the book worthwhile.
Quinn
I think everyone should be required to read Rich Dad's second book, "The Cash Flow Quardrant". This one was good in the Rich Dad way but a little repetitive. I guess if you're trying to teach something repetition is good but I listened to this one and heard the same lines over and over and over. It kind of drug on.
Franklin
This book is for anyone looking to enhance their minds acedemicly and finacialy . This book explains to its readers that if theres something you want to learn that might seem extemely hard you just have to have the right mind set and study what you want to learn to the best of your potential.
Nickie
I'm finished with this book for now. I'm not sure what I would use from this that we don't use a little of with our bread business. Granted we don't have the kids investing yet and I don't care for the monopoly game,,,so who knows what will happen
Tbone
Great Book, some overlap from his other books but that is how we learn with repetition........the best part was the discussions on how we learn differently and how to help your children learn about finances, school, and life.
Dan Trivates
I did not enjoy this one as much as the others in the series, but then again, I do not have kids. I would recommend it for parents who want to raise smart kids who know about money.
Dmitry
The book tells about the problems of today school education and gives clear pieces of advice to parent on how to grow their children clever and confident in their possibilities.
Joann
This book provides a good introduction to finances from Robert Kiyosaki's perspective. If anything, it makes you more determined to give your child this kind of education.
Fuad Omar
An interesting read, should have some impact on my life. However, at times, I found repetative tips;may be those werw intentionals so that, we remember :-)
Andrzej
dissapointing. not a surprise.
these are things my parents and grandparents taught me but neither they actually care about that nor am I
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Creating Wealth: Retire in Ten Years Using Allen's Seven Principles of Wealth
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner
  • Buffettology: The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett the World's Most Famous Investor
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know about Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Marketing Research: An Applied Approach
  • Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
  • Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
  • Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors
  • Visual and Statistical Thinking: Displays of Evidence for Making Decisions
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...
Rich Dad, Poor Dad Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever! The Business School For People Who Like Helping People

“often in the real world, it's not the smart that get ahead but the bold” 4 likes
“...чем больше ты нуждаешься в деньгах, тем слабее ты становишься.” 1 likes