Start by marking “Secret of Overcoming Verbal Abuse: Getting Off the Emotional Roller Coaster and Regaining Control of Your Life” as Want to Read:

If you feel like you are on a runaway emotional roller coaster with your partner at the controls, this book is for you! It can save you years of torment, tumult, and tears.
Published September 1st 2000 by Wilshire Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Secret of Overcoming Verbal Abuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of Overcoming Verbal Abuse

Melissa
Oct 10, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
I recently exited a relationship that had turned emotionally/verbally abusive over a period of time. I still struggle with the fact that I actually allowed myself to be in such a relationship and as such have sought out books such as this to validate the fact that what I experienced did really happen. Despite the slight humiliation I have at posting such a review, I feel that if my leaving a review on this book helps anyone with a similar problem find resources to help them, then it is worth it ...more
Inken Purvis
May 18, 2014 Inken Purvis rated it liked it
This is definitely a good read for anyone who's been in a verbally/emotionally abusive relationship, whether with a partner or a parent, but this shouldn't be just for women. Even though this book is aimed at woman, men can also find themselves in these kinds of relationships and could benefit from this advice.
Joni
Mar 04, 2012 Joni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My mother was very verbal abusive, with having Bi-polar & borderline disorder. I grew up having relationships with verbal abuse because it’s all I knew. This book is helpful to build those boundaries that the abuser tries to tear down.
SueAnn
Nov 03, 2010 SueAnn rated it liked it
I think I let one of my friends borrow this book before I got to read all of it.
Amy
Jul 15, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
every time i loan out this book it never comes back
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Lupita De Cristal
Lupita De Cristal marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Tiffany Chou
Tiffany Chou marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Siti Khatijah
Siti Khatijah rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Tamara Branković
Tamara Branković marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Marsha Altman
Marsha Altman rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Eirene
Eirene marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Ross
Ross added it
May 02, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Mohamad Fazeli
Mohamad Fazeli marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Aneysa
Aneysa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Vicki Sears
Vicki Sears marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Andy Holligan
Andy Holligan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
J Michael
J Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Kristen Sabol
Kristen Sabol marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Mark Mendoza
Mark Mendoza is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2016
mariana gray
mariana gray marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Bohannan Coaching
Bohannan Coaching rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Leslie L Gordon
Leslie L Gordon rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Albert Ellis (September 27, 1913 – July 24, 2007) was an American psychologist who in 1955 developed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT). He held M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in clinical psychology from Columbia University and American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). He also founded and was the President of the New York City-based Albert Ellis Institute for decades.

He is generally consider
More about Albert Ellis...