Start by marking “The Perfect Murder (Last Stand Series, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Murder (Last Stand Series,  #6)

The Perfect Murder (Last Stand #6)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  639 ratings  ·  46 reviews
For more than a year, Sebastian Costas has been trying to unravel the truth behind the murder of his ex-wife and son. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he's convinced that her second husband—a cop—committed both murders, then faked his own death. Now Sebastian has followed the slimmest of leads to Sacramento…and that's where he finally gets the break he needs. ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by Mira (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Murder

Sheri
The Perfect Murder (Brenda Novak)
Romantic/suspense. Jane Burke, once married to a serial killer is trying to put her life back together. She works as an investigator of The Last Stand. She starts her very first "solo" case with the disappearance of two young ladies.

Sebastian Costas lost his ex-wife and son. For the past year he has been on a mission to find her husband Malcolm Turner, a cop who was found dead after this crime. Sebastian is convinced that Malcom not only murdered his ex and son,
Georgiann Hennelly
Sebastian Costas has been trying for more than a year to unravel the truth behind the murder of his exwife and son. He,s convinced that her second husband who was a cop committed the murders than faked his death. Sebastian has followed one of the slimmest leads to Sacramento. He finally gets a break which leads him to Jane Burke an investigator with the last stand she called him in connection to another crime. Jane was once married to a serial killer and has spent the last five years trying to r ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"For more than a year, Sebastian Costas has been trying to unravel the truth behind the murder of his ex-wife and son. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he's convinced that her second husband - a cop - committed both murders, then faked his own death. Now Sebastian has followed the slimmest of leads to Sacramento.and that's where he finally gets the break he needs. Jane Burke, an investigator with The Last Stand, calls him in connection with a separate crime - a crime that co
chanceofbooks
Brenda Novak is one of the finest Romantic Suspense authors writing today—she writes intense, character driven plots. I’m having a great time working my way through her backlist and found this title on Overdrive for my nook. Perfect Murder is almost more thriller than romance—the hero and heroine don’t meet for about the first 100 pages, and the murder is the central focus of the story. For this reason, this isn’t my favorite Novak title—I like it when the focus is more on the romance, and I lik ...more
Suzanne Barrett
Sebastian Costas has been working to locate the man who murdered his ex-wife and his son to the detriment of his job and his relationship with a long-time girlfriend. He has followed the man whom police authorities believe dead from New York to California and now he feels he is closing in on the suspect.

Jane Burke's dead husband was both dentist and serial killer and Jane struggles to overcome the trauma of his unspeakable behavior. She is a new hire at The last Stand, a charitable advocacy oper
Pamela
Sebastion Costas has spent more than a year looking for the man who killed his ex-wife and son. He supposedly then killed himself but Sebastion is positive he's alive.

Jane Burke is trying to locate two missing girls and believes the man Sebastion is looking for is the same man who abducted the girls.

The story itself was quite interesting. What really bugged me was the character of Jane. Here we have a woman who almost died at the hands of her supposedly perfect husband. So after not dating for
Melanie Chabrol-
It was great, finished it about 3 days ago I was just soooo tired, any how all the workers are busy and they hired someone to do office procedure. It was Jane first case, she is looking for someone who has kidnapped a pair of sisters, she then finds out this guy named Sebastian is also looking for someone and it turns out it is one of the same, since he is in the habit of changing his alliaces, will Jane do well on her first case, what is the perfect murder, I will not tell, but u have to read i ...more
Glenajo
Jane, the wife of a serial killer, is now working for the Last Stand, a victim's charity. In the investigation of another murder, Jane meets Sebastian Costas, who is attempting to track the killer of his ex-wife and son. Sebastian knows the killer he is tracking is in the area, but he doesn't know the name he is using, or exactly where he is located.

Once again Novak keeps you in the story with complex characters, and interesting plot twists. This is not my favorite Novak nook, but it is an inte
Maria
Trying a new author but not exactly what I had hoped for. The writing is smooth and flows easily, so it passes the first test. I found the characters a bit hard to get to know, however, and the "case" was somewhat frustrating, although that is probably a good thing, since it was more realistic than most fiction tends to be. On the other hand, it took a long time to read since I could only handle the frustration in small doses. Will probably try another, however, since the writing itself is good.
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
This was my first Brenda Novak and I liked it. Although I'm kicking myself for reading this out of order as it gave away the plot of a book I already have in my TBR. I normally like a little more sex in my romances. But I liked the plot of this. It didn't bother me that I knew who the bad guy was at the beginning of the book. I did think the hero/heroine fell in love a little too quickly considering the traumatic lives they had both had.
Heather
This was my least favorite of the three "The Last Stand" books by Novak. I think I was growing weary of the romance. Would really like to see more thriller and adventure in these books as that's what Novak excells at. We also knew who did it from the beginning so there wasn't much mystery involved. I do hope that this author's next book is a stand-along thriller.
Kim Chadwick
Pretty good read. I'm wavering between a 3.5 to a 4. The storyline kept me reading, but there could have been more character development between the two main characters. This was the first book in the series I read, which could be why it lacked some of the character development I thought was missing. All in all I really enjoyed this book.
Michelle (Michelle&Leslie's Book Picks)
RomCon panel book: This is my first Brenda Novak novel and it was an okay read. Though I didn't feel much spark between the two leads, I thought they were likable. It needed more action as it was a bit slow at times and there wasn't much of a mystery because the villain was revealed in the very beginning. This is a standalone book.
Courtney Voss
I love anything by Brenda Novak, so its no surprise that I loved this book. It wasn't as strong as the other books in The Last Stand Series, but it was by no means lacking anything.
I really like how the romantic interest between the two main characters starts off fast (a welcome change from the last two books in this series).
Jeanne
After his ex-wife and son were killed by her current husband, Sebastian Costas has been searching for this sicko killer. He is on his own as the police believe the case is closed and the killer dead. In his search he stumbles upon The Last Stand and one of their investigators, Jane Burke. Their paths cross and the hunt is on.
T.M. Carper
Good addition to the series. Jane (from "Trust Me") reappears five years later to help a grieving father find his son's murderer--who happens to have kidnapped a pair of sisters she's been asked to find. Good suspense plot and decent romance and some cameos from other characters like David Willis, Skye, and Ava.
Sara
Typical Novak! A good mix of Suspense and Romance. Not her best, but very good! I like her books for 2 reasons.... 1. They are entertaining 2. They are fast reads. :o) If you have never read any Novak....I like her 1st series best...starts with 'Dead Silence'. The Last Stand books are great though!
Danielle
It presented all of the information straight away, so it was relativly boring. Basically it was just the people trying to find the killer. The relationship that evolves between the two main characters is enjoyable. Also i like how much of the previous bombers/killers quirks she added in.
Patt
Book number 6 in The Last Stand series is as good or better than the first 5. Brenda Novak keeps you guessing and keeps you interesting in her books. The Last Stand, a victim's advocacy group, continues to help innocent people and the side stories involving the employees are excellent.
Cheryl Karkoff
Another Last Stand Book. These do not have to be read in order, can stand alone. Fast read about newest member of the Last Stand group. She is on her first case, trying to find to kidnapped girls. Love, murder and a very disturbed man make this book worth reading.
Jasmiina F
Jos olisin tiennyt tämän olevan harlekiini-kirja niin tuskin olisin napannut tätä lentokentältä mukaan huhtikuussa... Vähän turhan höttöinen tarina missä itse asiassa lukuisat asiat ärsyttivät. Tähän mennessä tämän vuoden huonoin kirja minkä olen lukenut.
Alanna
I really enjoyed this series.
Janetlee
The latest installment of characters working for The Last Stand victims charity. An easy read and hard to put down. Great character development as always by this author. I read everything she writes . . .
BookSmith
An okay read. Nothing much exciting. Altogether predictable characters, with a few romantic interests thrown in between - the plot deals with a murder investigation/romance interest/spouse abuse
Pamela(AllHoney)
I did not care for this one as much of the others in the series and I wonder if its because I didn't like the character Jane from the 1st book. It was riveting enough to keep me reading, though.
I love Novak's books, but I just couldn't get into Jane's character. She came off way too rough around the edges to be a romantic lead. Otherwise it was a good addition to the series.
Morgan
I've read the Perfect Series one right after the other, each one keeping me turning the pages until well into the night. Brenda Novak is easily one of my favorite writers.
Sue
The final book in the Last Stand series. Does not dissapoint. Grabs you from the beginning until the end. Another great read from Brenda Novak.
Becky
This was a great book. Kept me interested the whole way through. There was mystery, emotion, and of course a relationship.
Jean Ouellette

This is a thriller with a little romance thrown in. When I do get the chance to read, I can't put this book down!
  • One Wrong Step (The Borderline, #2)
  • Last to Die (Sheridan, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)
  • Seeing Red
  • Cold Dawn (Black Falls, #3)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...

Last Stand (6 books)
  • Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1)
  • Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)
  • Watch Me (Last Stand Series, #3)
  • The Perfect Couple (Last Stand Series, #4)
  • The Perfect Liar (Last Stand Series, #5)
When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1) When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)