Start by marking “The Enchantment” as Want to Read:
The Enchantment

The Enchantment

Previously issued as My Warrior's Heart

New York Times bestselling author Betina Krahn breathes life into history in a spellbinding tale of a legendary swordswoman, a time of bloodlust and myth, and a love story so powerful it will take your breath away.

A Woman’s Heart
Strong, stunning, and breathtakingly fierce…Aaren Serricksdotter is the eldest daughter of a Viking sword s
Published March 1st 2005 by Dell (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Enchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enchantment

Linda
The Enchantment was a wonderful example of how a romance should evolve. I rarely read love stories about Vikings or Norsemen because there is just too much that is unknown about this period. But if a love could develop like what occurred between Aaren and Jorund, I would have enjoyed visiting this couple.

The world Aaren Serricksdotter and Jorund Borgenson lived in was both simple and savage. Nothing was taken for granted; food became scarce, disease was deadly, animals killed and fire could des
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
I guess just not my thing. Viking son of the king who does not like to fight and seems only interested in having all the women in the group in "his furs". Enter amazon-like female warrior who for various reasons must fight him. He intends a conquest but not in battle. I gave it more than the 100 pages test and just had no interest in reading on.
Regan Walker
Feb 27, 2012 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Viking romance...

I have come to appreciate Betina Krahn's attention to detail in her well told romances. She spends time with each description, each phrase...it is truly excellence in romance writing. At 400+ pages, you definitely get a well woven tale with this one that spends time with character development, and gives you a feel for the way they looked at the world and the customs of the time. I loved it.

This is a Viking romance that takes you back to the time in the late Viking per
Tiesha
Oct 08, 2010 Tiesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was super good. i have re-read it like 20 times.
Regan Walker
Jun 02, 2012 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads, vikings
NOTE: This is the same book as THE ENCHANTMENT, the re-release under another name.

Simply Wonderful Viking Tale!

I have come to appreciate Betina Krahn's attention to detail in her well told romances. She spends time with each description, each phrase...it's excellence in writing. At 400+ pages, you definitely get a well woven tale that spends time with character development, and gives you a feel for the way they looked at the world, the customs of the time, etc. Here's a Viking romance that takes
Kathleen H
Apr 08, 2015 Kathleen H rated it did not like it
The Enchantment is lacking the main thing that draw me to viking romance novels in the first place- a fierce, alpha male who conquers and raids the lands. This was a viking romance with a hero who has sworn off fighting, and has a heavy focus on Christianity. The concept of the hero fighting the heroine is wasted on the pansy who despises his weapon. I understand when some authors can't resist converting their pagan characters. However, conversion does not need to completely change who the perso ...more
Lisso
Jan 27, 2015 Lisso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is a great love story with other little love stories between. The main characters are so strong and loveable. Awesome!
Jan 03, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok
Never finished. I lost interest. The writing was good, but I suppose it was just not the style I like.
Keta
In my TO be read pile
Sukhi Kaur
Sukhi Kaur rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2017
Ange
Ange rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Fiordiligii
Fiordiligii rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
May 31, 2012
Melissa Meador
Melissa Meador rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Elsa María
Elsa María rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Mei
Mei rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Sammi Champness
Sammi Champness rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2017
Jesse
Jesse rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Raetta
Raetta rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Heatherann
Heatherann rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2017
M.
M. rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Laura rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Adriana
Adriana rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Stacie Stopen
Stacie Stopen rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Sandy Pimentel
Sandy Pimentel rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Edin's Embrace
  • September Moon
  • Intimate Enemies
  • Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)
  • The Blue Viking (Viking I, #5)
  • Conor's Way
  • The Lady's Companion
  • Blackheart
  • Some Kind of Magic
  • A Basket of Wishes
  • Maidensong (Songs of the North, #1)
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1)
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Imagine
  • The Viking
  • The Sword & the Sheath (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #5)
  • Odin's Shadow (Sons of Odin #1)
  • Danegeld
Krahn, born Betina Maynard, is the second daughter of Dors Maynard and Regina Triplett. Krahn learned to read at the age of four, and began making up her own stories when she was only six. In fifth grade she won a silver "Noble Order of Bookworms" pin for her achievements in reading, and the following year she began writing down her stories.

Krane was graduated from high school in Newark, Ohio and
More about Betina Krahn...