Start by marking “The Enchantment” as Want to Read:
The Enchantment

The Enchantment

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  9 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Betina Krahn breathes life into history in a spellbinding tale of a legendary swordswoman, a time of bloodlust and myth, and a love story so powerful it will take your breath away.

A Woman’s Heart
Strong, stunning, and breathtakingly fierce…Aaren Serricksdotter is the eldest daughter of a Viking sword stealer and a beautiful Valkyr. But for...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Dell (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Enchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enchantment

Linda
Let's call this a SKeeper. OK, so it is a word that I made up. THE ENCHANTMENT aka MY WARRIOR'S HEART as stated on the front of the book in small print, is an almost-perfect example of how a romance should evolve. I don't usually read love stories about Vikings or Norsemen because there is just too much that is unknown about this period. But if a love could develop like what evolved between Aaren and Jorund I would have enjoyed having been there.

The world Aaren Serricksdotter and Jorund Borgenso...more
Tiesha
It was super good. i have re-read it like 20 times.
Regan Walker
NOTE: This is the same book as THE ENCHANTMENT, the re-release under another name.

Simply Wonderful Viking Tale!

I have come to appreciate Betina Krahn's attention to detail in her well told romances. She spends time with each description, each phrase...it's excellence in writing. At 400+ pages, you definitely get a well woven tale that spends time with character development, and gives you a feel for the way they looked at the world, the customs of the time, etc. Here's a Viking romance that takes...more
Regan Walker
Brilliant Viking romance...

I have come to appreciate Betina Krahn's attention to detail in her well told romances. She spends time with each description, each phrase...it is truly excellence in romance writing. At 400+ pages, you definitely get a well woven tale with this one that spends time with character development, and gives you a feel for the way they looked at the world and the customs of the time. I loved it.

This is a Viking romance that takes you back to the time in the late Viking per...more
Dutch
What a stupid book. But then again, I didn't mean to get in to a romance novel. Once I realized it was romance I decided to give it a shot anyway. The original reason I wanted to read this was because I thought it would be a Viking adventure.

Naturally there has to be conflict between the two would-be lovers. The female character showing uncanny strength both physical and mental keep up with the chauvenistic, antagonistic male lead. Of course, both have to be bewitchingly attractive, and have tr...more
Angie West
Sweet love story, really different. I enjoyed this one.
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
I guess just not my thing. Viking son of the king who does not like to fight and seems only interested in having all the women in the group in "his furs". Enter amazon-like female warrior who for various reasons must fight him. He intends a conquest but not in battle. I gave it more than the 100 pages test and just had no interest in reading on.
Never finished. I lost interest. The writing was good, but I suppose it was just not the style I like.
Keta
In my TO be read pile
Yana
Yana marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Tayla Davis
Tayla Davis marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 14, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Jul 31, 2014
Wild Rose
Wild Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Mikaela Hammond
Mikaela Hammond marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Snow Fox
Snow Fox marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ari Pettit
Ari Pettit marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Lucy
Lucy added it
Sep 03, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Krahn, born Betina Maynard, is the second daughter of Dors Maynard and Regina Triplett. Krahn learned to read at the age of four, and began making up her own stories when she was only six. In fifth grade she won a silver "Noble Order of Bookworms" pin for her achievements in reading, and the following year she began writing down her stories.

Krane was graduated from high school in Newark, Ohio and...more
More about Betina Krahn...
The Husband Test (Brides of Virtue, 2) The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1) The Marriage Test (Brides of Virtue, 3) The Perfect Mistress (Mistress, #2) The Last Bachelor (Mistress, #1)