Start by marking “Manager's Toolkit: The 13 Skills Managers Need to Succeed” as Want to Read:
Manager's Toolkit: The 13 Skills Managers Need to Succeed

Manager's Toolkit: The 13 Skills Managers Need to Succeed

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Zeroing in on the specific skills that make great managers stand out from the pack, this comprehensive guide is both an essential primer for new managers and a valuable resource for seasoned executives. From hiring and retaining good people to motivating and developing team members, from understanding key financial statements to delegating work effectively, and from settin ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Harvard Business Review Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Manager's Toolkit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manager's Toolkit

Joshua
I continually return in my career to the resources made available by the Harvard Business School Press. I have simply never found a better resources for reliable and concise advice for addressing unplanned business needs. The Manager's Toolkit is the one resource I will always keep at my desk. The thirteen essential skills presented within are an accessible resource all managers can utilize to maximize their decision-making abilities in skill sets they may not practice every day. I particularly ...more
Ashton Dene'
I wrote a reflection of this book for my school assignment (it was assigned reading) however, I think it is a great book. It is one I will keep at my desk (and eventually on the bookshelf in my corner office!) to help guide me through situations that arise at work. It is a resource that will provide useful many years from now as much as it helps guide where I want to go today.
Robert
Simple, practical and to the point. Truly a toolkit in support of managers in development. A great tool as well for HR Business Partners in support of managers.
Sheri C
Probably the most practical and easiest to read textbook I've been required to read. Each chapter is relevant, short, and to the point.
Eva
Jun 07, 2008 Eva rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new managers
I am re-reading this book after having skimmed it during a 'first-time manager's seminar" I attended late last year. Very practical knowledge about dealing with the day-to-day interactions between superiors and their subordinates. A very easy read and I recommend to anyone that is new at being a manager.
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Mrinal
Mrinal marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ben Phillip
Ben Phillip marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Gary Boy
Gary Boy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Matt
Matt added it
Mar 20, 2015
Tri Ton
Tri Ton marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Jagjit Singh
Jagjit Singh marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Tânia Carvalho
Tânia Carvalho is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2015
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Lauren Showe
Lauren Showe marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Danny Ebner
Danny Ebner is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2015
Eric Aska
Eric Aska marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Hypernorth
Hypernorth marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Haitham Elsherbeeny
Haitham Elsherbeeny marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership (with featured article “What Makes an Effective Executive,” by Peter F. Drucker) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy (including featured article “What Is Strategy?” by Michael E. Porter) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Change Management (including featured article “Leading Change,” by John P. Kotter)